Masters Running

Tuesdaily 5-8-18 (Read 38 times)

evanflein

Well it wasn't that hot for us today, but it was our warmest day so far this year! Low 60's and sunny felt wonderful. Got out for 5.6 miles that felt harder than they should have, legs kind of sore after Saturday's race and Sunday's long run, I guess. It was only a 5k but I'm not used to running that pace, and then Sunday's run was a long one for me where I am now so maybe that's what's going on.

Yes, happy anniversary, Catwhoorg and Happy Belated Birthday greetings, Falconfixer!

SteveP

Sees the ground - I love your 6 miles.

Leslie - I used to ump little league games. I'm sure it hasn't gotten any prettier.

Tom White - Sorry you had to listen to the details.

I have self imposed deadlines for the home front. Specific things need to be done prior to Memorial Day. It's an annual madness I subject myself to.

I don't know how long we've been without a store manager. About 1/3 of the commissioned people work from home. I don't see any of their sales orders coming across my desk. I had a talk with the #3 person. He's been working 1/2 days as well as trying to donate without receipts some valuable commodities to people who work through his church. There's nothing wrong with donations. They need to be above board and details made available to superiors. I didn't call him on it in front of his peers. It got very heated before any items went out the door. The things with retail value stayed put.

The #2 person is working Mondays, Fridays and Saturdays. We can't expect anyone to do better than the worst example their managers (or parents) set.  When I went into work, only one of the seven people working sales in the show room was there. I waited on customers for quite a while before I punched in. I have a better than average grasp of product knowledge, however, I'm lost at the pricing end of projects. The district manager popped into my office and asked what I've seen happening. I didn't tell him that I've seen "sloppy" or "lazy". If I saw people stealing, it would get ugly fast. I simply told the fella that he knows as well as I do that we need adult supervision. The people who care are burning out and more are becoming "sloppy".

As I've mentioned before, a number of properties don't have a person with my position or title. There's uncertainty and I hope the new manager finds value in what I do. I've been updating the resume to be on the same side.

Wow...after an extended absence, I come in with a rant. I better get some meds.

SteveP