Masters Running

Go Red for Women Day..the Friday, 2/4/11 thread (Read 454 times)

Found out today that Sunday's scheduled Mid-Winter 10 Mile Road Race in Cape Elizabeth has been cancelled and rescheduled for Feb. 27th due to the height of the snow banks along the route and the possibility of more snow Saturday.  Maybe I'll get a long run in instead.

Today a relatively easy 5 mile progression run with the last mile a bit hard: 38:47 - (7:46) - 8:25 - 8:11 - 7:56 - 7:33 - 6:42

SteveP

Heal well Orange Mat!!

Jeese Slo Hand. I would suspect that running over a runner would screw up your wheel alignment. 

You have a good hear JLynne

It's been a while CNY, I used to live in Naples FL. In Feb, I was sent home with heat related issues and I came back to Michigan. The biggest hill I could find was an over pass,  a 15 gator lived in the canal behind the house and I had a coral snake get into the porch. Other than that, I didn't care much for the place.

DD#2 came over and DW, Tag and I took her out for her first snow shoe romp!! She wants to go buy a pair tomorrow. We were out over 40 minutes and the kid worked up quite a sweat. 

When we got back, I made a sled and attached our grandson's baby jogger to it so we can push the little guy when we snow shoe. The shoes throw snow up behind us. If we pulled him on a sled, after a half an hour or so, snow in the face would get old. 

This is from Avenger Doggie's and my snow shoe race.

I had a throw away jacket on over a Batman sweat shirt over the tank top. While running with the dog, I couldn't take just the one jacket off. I needed just one more hand...or...gasp...stop during a race.

SteveP

4 miles middle 2 @ tempo 8:00s .

My lower legs (shins, achilles) are kind of achy and sore for the first time in a while. I think I may take a rest day tomorrow so that my planned 10 miler on Sunday goes well. On the other hand I may change my mind if I feel better in the morning.

Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

Marathon Maniac #957

Holly, are these the ab ripper exercises that you do?

Yep - that's the Ab Ripper X video.  Like I said, some of those exercises I have to do a modified version, and I don't keep up with the people on the screen very well.  The pause button is very helpful here.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

OrangeMat

MM #6177

Yep - that's the Ab Ripper X video.  Like I said, some of those exercises I have to do a modified version, and I don't keep up with the people on the screen very well.  The pause button is very helpful here.

Ah, ok. And here's the part two to that video. Are there more? Not to be saying that the exercises in these two videos aren't enough....

I see they're a hybrid of pilates exercises and standard floor core work. Some stuff, like the Mason Twist, I used to teach on on the Bosu, using a medicine ball. Of course we'd do it at about the quarter of the speed. Fun times. Cool

Anyone want to run wth me in Naples, FL on Tuesday morning?

I would love to, but the Boss wouldn't like me getting to work around Noon!

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

I would love to, but the Boss wouldn't like me getting to work around Noon!

Bill

Smile Ah well. One of these days Bill! If only the clients would consider all of my RA friends coordinates!