Masters Running

Marathon de Paris RR (Read 38 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

What an awesome race to pick for #25!  I think it is amazing that you finished so close to your daughter's BFF, but in a crowded race that can happen.  Great race and report!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

pfriese

Leslie - I think even the Italian and Vietnamese food had a French twist to them. Plus, baguettes & Nutella crepes count for French food, I believe. 

Mike E. - Each trip to Paris is seeing fewer smokers. With the marathon in town, it seemed even less.

Henrun - Your Toronto French is much better than my Oklahoma French Smile

Tet - Shortage of portapots was probably the only legit complaint about the marathon. The only hydration on the course was mineral water outside of one Power-aide stop which may not have even been official. The stops were well supplied with oranges, bananas, and sugar cubes(!). DD will be having hip replacement surgery in July, so no running for her. I'm not sure what the French carb-loading equivalent to pasta would be.

Paul

Like we talked about, when I'm rich or win the lottery, I plan on running this one.  Very nice report!

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

Tramps

Congrats on #25.  You certainly did it in style!  Very neat.

Be safe. Be kind.

Mariposai

What a magnificent report!! I enjoyed every word and every picture! I never thought I wanted to do this marathon, but now I do (after the kiddos are done with college Smile))).

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard