Masters Running

Monday, 8.15.16 (Read 33 times)

Howdy, masters!

Jay, that sounds like quite a day.  You do know you're allowed to take more than one shower a day, don't you? 

Am I the only one not watching the Olympics?  We don't have cable, and NBC's website for non-cable subscribers is dreadful.  Anyone care to share your cable login? Pretty please?

Sorry some of you have the dreaded H&H to deal with. I guess I shouldn't mention that for some of my run yesterday, I needed a wind shirt and gloves!  I did a spectacular loop in the Indian Peaks wilderness, crossing two passes above 12,000 ft.  The total was about 28.5 miles.  It turned into kind of an epic day, because one of the women wasn't really trained for a run this long with so much elevation gain, and she kept going slower and slower...   it took us 13.5 hours to finish, and it was dark at the end.  We only had one cell phone for light, so it was a good thing the moon was bright!  Still, everyone stayed in good spirits, the weather was perfect, and the views spectacular.

Wow, Carolyn, you sure have some adventures up there in the mountains! Say, I did look for a code in the NBC app but my TV provider isn't even listed so couldn't get access for you.

Speaking of work, our office was super busy yesterday. That always happens when the due date for the utility bills is on a Monday. We took in over $80,000 $90,000 in cash yesterday   It should be quite slow today, thankfully.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich