Masters Running

Happy Sat runs and such (Read 391 times)

Marathon Maniac #3309

Eliz said it all...enjoy the gift!!! Thinking and praying for your brother and Joey's too. Great job Karin...was you chasing down Chet too....great time on a lot more miles than I had for the week. BiLL...on a treadmill in the summer....awards goes to you brother. Holly...23 something would have won today with women in the 5K along side the 10K I ran today....good job because I know you gave it all you got girl. Now you have a benchmark to faster times!!! Yeah Ribs, I did get it with Karin's RR. But even with a Garmin watch, how does one know how fast they are running if only by feel...which I do by HR basically. Glad to know that you will be all over me...I look forwrd to the challange...really. Have a great night all, Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

SteveP

After getting a few things done around the house today, I took the dog to a place I found while running a couple of years ago. While going along some new trails, I heard running water but could not see it. Every time the trail branched closer to the water, I took that branch. One trail was so narrow, I though it was a deer path... It took me here. Today I took the dog. The other side of the creek runs up an old logging trail. Ace was just haing a blast. One part of the path, some deer exploded out of the brush very close to us. As they bounded out onto the trail then into the woods, the dog just bounced up and down wanting them to come play. One of them was a very small fawn. I did not get a picture of it however, it did leave tracks.This shot gives an idea as to how small it was. all the wimmin say "Aww" now. Now the trail heads both North and South. In the exploration, I took the trail least travled. The blue figure in the tree shows that there's a camp site. It is some very rustic camping there. DS and I went there once and an animal was smelling methrough the tent at night. I stayed quiet as to not freak out a preteen DS. An owl was next to us making noise. No porta potties. He and I may have been the last ones camping there and he's 17 now. The logging grade went over the creek and an old culvert helped create a pristine pool. As you step into the spring fed pool, the swimmer is suprised to find the very steep sides are composed of very slippery clay. Spring fed means cold and this is the dream of all fans of the ice bath. Ace did not want to jump in with me. He climbed on top of the culvert. The tried to jump onto a bush growing over the pool. He got wet and the water was too cold for me to laugh. Lake Superior cold. After he figured his was out, he jumped in a few times.

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #957

Beautiful, Steve!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Wow, nice pics!

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com