Masters Running

Saturday Runs and Such (Read 313 times)

King of PhotoShop

Hang in there srl. Nice running. Spareribs
      SRL, awesome! I am sure Frankie is doing great too. Who is this gumbee character anyway? I did 3.33 miles walk/jog. First mile I jogged at 11:34 pace. It felt oddly like too much work for that pace. So I decided to mix walk/jogging hoping to do 1/4 mile laps at 10:30 pace (so I'd actually feel like I was running ) and walk 1/4 mile. Turns out those run segments averaged about 9:40 (but felt like 10:30 pace). I don't understand this running business. Guess I'm not as weak and weedy as I thought. My balance seemed better than last week. I am about to switch to a new gym...they have two outdoor pools and an indoor one. One of the outdoor pools is open and heated ALL YEAR ROUND. Small cardio room but good enough for me.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

lamerunner

Greettings. TIred today for some reason... Did about 12 on the old rail trail at Lake Masabesic. Very pretty and nice weather, about 60 and breezy. Did a couple of miles on a side tral which was hillier and rockier. Last couple of miles I was tired though. Too much elliptical yesterday perhaps! Happy weekend!
        Teresadfp

One day at a time

I've managed six days in a row this week, so I'm happy. Today I ran 4.5 miles around Back Cove in the fog. I went my newbie friend Pam, who must have a lot of natural ability because she was hauling! I'm trying to slow her down a little, actually. DS16 ran the loop the opposite direction so we saw him twice. He did 8 miles while we did our 4.5. Lame, I'm tired, too! I guess the two boot camps plus the running this week has worn me out. I feel good, though.
            craneium, I'm anxious to hear about how your kids do tomorrow. Tramps, your wife's foot problems sound serious. I hope she finds something that can be done to take care of it. srlopez, I'm anxious to hear about the rest of your 12 hour run. Nice long runs for CNY, Tammy, Peter, buehre, and lame. Good job on the speedwork for Tall and mariposai. This morning, I did a so so 10K. It was a little over a minute better than last months so so 10K and this course was harder. I may write race report in a day or two. After the race, I did 3.8 miles to give me 10 for the day. That took about 38:30 for a 10:07 pace. A good day and good runs for all. TomS
            Slo

Go SRL !!!! Just a quick fly by. Completed a damn tough Sprint Tri today. While I'm not thrilled with the results, they are what they are and the don't lie, I'll take them. I'll post more about the race tomorrow or monday........busy rest of the weekend remaining....... Great Weekend All !
              xor

Ok, 11ish out of 12 hours down at Redmond Watershed Preserve. I stopped at 6 loops (32.25), which is exactly what I wanted to do. Beautiful day. 5:38 running time, 2:30 Tobias break time, 8:08 total. That's a fun time because it is the area code of Hawai'i. When I left at the 8:30 mark, Frankie had either completed 43 or 48 miles; I'm not sure. She was in second place female masters, though!

Mariposai

Wow, our Francesca is an iron lady...I can't wait to hear the results..go Frankie gooooooooo. Great job to SRLopez too...All ultra runners have my utmost admiration. What a fun day of gardening. Planted tomatoes, zucchini, egg plant and lots of annuals. I am a spring gardener, so I am in heaving right now. After a little nap I went out for a 20 miler.Ten miles slow and then 10 miles faster. I waited purposely for the weather to get hotter to start relearning to run in the heat. Great day in the outdoors!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard