Masters Running

Sunday, 9.3.17 (Read 30 times)

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

That is a great picture, Holly.  Great looking couple.

Well...another fun day at the old homestead.  Eric had a couple of "friends" stop by his house last night.  Long story short--one of them made Eric mad--Eric, now has 4 broken bones in his face and had to have his nose put back in place.  He will see a plastic surgeon on Tuesday.  The fun never stops.

On a more positive note--after I left the E.R., I met my nephew, whose father just passed away a couple weeks ago, for dinner and a couple of drinks.  We had a really nice time.  That kid (41 years old) is a carbon copy of his dad.

I also managed to get in 8 miles, today.

Okay--gotta go rest up for tomorrow--who knows what that will bring.  See ya!

evanflein

Sorry to hear that, Mike. He sure keeps you on the edge of your seat, as it were.

From my running log:

21.43 miles. Probably actually ran .2 more than this, but Garmin "lost" that much in the early trail miles, and mile 10 with all the switchbacks. Oh well, that's fine, it was a good training run but so much walking! I could tell by mile 3 that this was going to be a tough day. I guess I paid for that good run yesterday. But, absolutely no stopping the Garmin! Very proud of myself for that. I stopped just briefly to retrieve my drink and gel at mile 7.3 and just before the power line off Henderson. Probably needed more, and some S caps for sure. Had some mild cramping but not too bad, but then again I didn't do the out-and-back. These are the actual miles through 12, then off because I just went down Chute and back but did the full course through mile 26.2. Here's hoping taper and some rest will do the trick to have a better performance for the actual event.

A moose jumped out in front of me about halfway down the chute, surprised the bejeezus out of me! Had me yelling "Hello!" for the next several hundred feet.