Masters Running

40/40 Thread for week ending 2/3/08 (Read 597 times)

Higher mileage this week. Opportunistic speed, or maybe not...
    DayPlan Actual Comments
    Monday Rest Rest-
    Tuesday10 mi easy10 mi 10:08 pace
    Wednesday5 mi easy5 mi10:21 pace
    Thursday10-11 mi 11 mi9:42 GA pace
    FridayRestRest-
    Saturday4 mi easy4 mi10:01 pace
    Sunday18 mi Long18 mi10:29 pace
    Totals:47-4848-

aka Mrs. WillRunForBeer, MD, USA

Marathoning, the triumph of desire over reason

pfriese

Thanks Holly. First week of training for OKC MM. Basically following Pfitz 12/55 plan, we'll see how well I can stick with it.
      DayPlanActualComment
      Mondayrest day0 miles
      Tuesday8 miles8.1 milesGA with 8 STR; avg pace 8:56
      Wednesday5 miles5.1 milesrecovery(?), more like GA; avg pace 8:58
      Thursday8 miles0 milesBrrrrrrrrrr
      Fridayrest day7.5 milesmake-up for yesterday; 9:42 pace
      Saturday5 miles13.9 milesLR
      Sunday16 miles6.0 mileseasy on treadmill
      Total42 miles40.6 milesDone
      Paul

Marathon Maniac #3309

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Marathon Maniac #3309

Need a little help from Holly or someone else with the template Holly Emailed me. When I get to the point to "run update" I get an error message 5992 that says....cannot access individual columns in this collection because the table has mixed cell widths.....any suggestions??? Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

I thought I had a placekeeper on this thread......Hmmmmmmm. M-- ) T----- } Pneumonia--out for a bit--Goose-egg. W--) T--0 F--0-still getting over it........driving me crazy..... S--0 S--0 Do I need a note from the Doctor?
              biketm what file did Holly send you? I created two macros for her. For various, not particularly good, reasons one only works for her weekly update. The template you need is called Weekly Schedule.doc. Assuming that is what you have the next issue is what version of Word are you using? I wrote and tested it on Word 2003. I am not sure if it will work on other versions, although I imagine it should work on anything more recent. If you are using Word 2003 or a more recent version try the following: 1. Hit ctrl-a and then delete to remove everything from the page. 2. Click on Table>Insert>Table. 3. Select the number of columns and rows you want. It is not important that you get the number of rows "just right" as you can change it later. For AutoFit behavior have Fixed column width: Auto selected. Click OK. 4. Fill in your table. If you need an additional row in the bottom right cell click on the tab key. That will add a row for you. If you need to subtract a row go to Table>Delete>Rows and select as desired. If this still does not fix the problem post an update here and I will see if I can come up with something else.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

evanflein

Twocat, can you tell why my table has that extra < at the beginning? bill thought extra code, but when i went in to delete various things, it just got worse! (you should give lessons!) at="" the="" beginning?="" bill="" thought="" extra="" code,="" but="" when="" i="" went="" in="" to="" delete="" various="" things,="" it="" just="" got="" worse!="" (you="" should="" give=""></ at the beginning? bill thought extra code, but when i went in to delete various things, it just got worse! (you should give lessons!)>
                  evanflein I am not entirely sure. I am guessing you have an extra < in="" front="" of="" a="" td="" or="" tr="" tag.="" but="" i="" would="" have="" to="" see="" your="" html="" code="" to="" know="" for="" sure.="" assuming="" you="" are="" using="" word="" 2003="" or="" later="" it="" would="" be="" easier="" to="" take="" the="" template="" i="" sent="" to="" holly="" and="" use="" that.="" you="" just="" edit="" the="" normal="" everyday="" word="" table,="" run="" the="" macro="" and="" magically="" the="" html="" code="" you="" need="" will="" appear="" at="" the="" bottom="" of="" the="" screen="" for="" you="" to="" cut="" and="" paste="" into="" the="" posting="" window.="" it="" is="" so="" much="" easier="" it="" is="" how="" i="" now="" do="" my="" updates!="" plan="" b:="" cut="" and="" paste="" the="" following="" after="" you="" remove="" the="" #="" symbols.="" /><#table><#tr><#td> Day<#><#td> Plan<#><#td> Actual<#><#td> Comments<#><#><#tr><#td> Monday<#><#td> XT Day<#><#td>30 ins/8.03 miles on the stationary bike...<#><#td> Also walked 2 miles...<><#><#><#tr><#td> Tuesday<#><#td>4-5 w/Tempo<#><#td>8 miles Tempo<#><#td> Progression peaking at 7:42 @ mile 6<#><#><#tr><#td> Wednesday<#><#td>8 miles<#><#td>?<#><#td><#><#><#tr><#td> Thursday<#><#td>5 miles<#><#td>?<#><#td><#><#><#tr><#td> Friday<#><#td> Rest Day<#><#td>?<#><#td><#><#><#tr><#td> Saturday<#><#td>8 miles<#><#td>?<#><#td><#><#><#tr><#td> Sunday<#><#td>16 miles<#><#td>?<#><#td>(Hope it warms up...)<#><#><#tr><#td><#><#td><#><#td><#><#td><#><#><#tr><#td> Totals:<#><#td>41-42 Miles<#><#td><#><#td><#><#><#> It should produce:
                  Day Plan Actual Comments
                  Monday XT Day30 ins/8.03 miles on the stationary bike... Also walked 2 miles...
                  Tuesday4-5 w/Tempo8 miles Tempo Progression peaking at 7:42 @ mile 6
                  Wednesday8 miles?
                  Thursday5 miles?
                  Friday Rest Day?
                  Saturday8 miles?
                  Sunday16 miles?(Hope it warms up...)
                  Totals:41-42 Miles
                  </#></#></#></#td></#></#td></#></#td></#></#td></#tr></#></#></#td></#></#td></#></#td></#></#td></#tr></#></#></#td></#></#td></#></#td></#></#td></#tr></#></#></#td></#></#td></#></#td></#></#td></#tr></#></#></#td></#></#td></#></#td></#></#td></#tr></#></#></#td></#></#td></#></#td></#></#td></#tr></#></#></#td></#></#td></#></#td></#></#td></#tr></#></#></#td></#></#td></#></#td></#></#td></#tr></#></#></#td></#></#td></#></#td></#></#td></#tr></#></#></#td></#></#td></#></#td></#></#td></#tr></#table>

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

evanflein

Thanks, Twocat! For now, I opted for plan B... it worked!

Marathon Maniac #3309

Day Plan Actual Comments
                      Wednesday8 miles?
                      Thursday5 miles?
                      Friday Rest Day?
                      Saturday8 miles?
                      Just testing this out Tim

Marathon Maniac #3309

evanflein I am not entirely sure. I am guessing you have an extra < in="" front="" of="" a="" td="" or="" tr="" tag.="" but="" i="" would="" have="" to="" see="" your="" html="" code="" to="" know="" for="" sure.="" assuming="" you="" are="" using="" word="" 2003="" or="" later="" it="" would="" be="" easier="" to="" take="" the="" template="" i="" sent="" to="" holly="" and="" use="" that.="" you="" just="" edit="" the="" normal="" everyday="" word="" table,="" run="" the="" macro="" and="" magically="" the="" html="" code="" you="" need="" will="" appear="" at="" the="" bottom="" of="" the="" screen="" for="" you="" to="" cut="" and="" paste="" into="" the="" posting="" window.="" it="" is="" so="" much="" easier="" it="" is="" how="" i="" now="" do="" my="" updates!="" plan="" b:="" cut="" and="" paste="" the="" following="" after="" you="" remove="" the="" #="" symbols.="" /><#table><#tr><#td> Day<#><#td> Plan<#><#td> Actual<#><#td> Comments<#><#><#tr><#td> Monday<#><#td> XT Day<#><#td>30 ins/8.03 miles on the stationary bike...<#><#td> Also walked 2 miles...<><#><#><#tr><#td> Tuesday<#><#td>4-5 w/Tempo<#><#td>8 miles Tempo<#><#td> Progression peaking at 7:42 @ mile 6<#><#><#tr><#td> Wednesday<#><#td>8 miles<#><#td>?<#><#td><#><#><#tr><#td> Thursday<#><#td>5 miles<#><#td>?<#><#td><#><#><#tr><#td> Friday<#><#td> Rest Day<#><#td>?<#><#td><#><#><#tr><#td> Saturday<#><#td>8 miles<#><#td>?<#><#td><#><#><#tr><#td> Sunday<#><#td>16 miles<#><#td>?<#><#td>(Hope it warms up...)<#><#><#tr><#td><#><#td><#><#td><#><#td><#><#><#tr><#td> Totals:<#><#td>41-42 Miles<#><#td><#><#td><#><#><#> It should produce:
                        Day Plan Actual Comments
                        Wednesday8 miles?
                        Thursday5 miles?
                        Friday Rest Day?
                        Saturday8 miles?
                        </#></#></#></#td></#></#td></#></#td></#></#td></#tr></#></#></#td></#></#td></#></#td></#></#td></#tr></#></#></#td></#></#td></#></#td></#></#td></#tr></#></#></#td></#></#td></#></#td></#></#td></#tr></#></#></#td></#></#td></#></#td></#></#td></#tr></#></#></#td></#></#td></#></#td></#></#td></#tr></#></#></#td></#></#td></#></#td></#></#td></#tr></#></#></#td></#></#td></#></#td></#></#td></#tr></#></#></#td></#></#td></#></#td></#></#td></#tr></#></#></#td></#></#td></#></#td></#></#td></#tr></#table>
                        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Ok, I got this far, but I can't change the info to mine before posting, while looking at the jumbled charactors above before I post....if that makes any sense.
                        Day Plan Actual Comments
                        Wednesday8 miles?
                        Thursday5 miles?
                        Friday Rest Day?
                        Saturday8 miles?
                        Tim

Tim do not select quote for the text. Just highlight the HTML code and hit ctrl-c to copy it. Then hit the reply button and ctrl-v in the posting window. That will give you HTML code you can edit.

Marathon Maniac #3309

stationary bike... Also walked 2 miles... Tuesday4-5 w/Tempo8 miles Tempo Progression peaking at 7:42 @ mile 6 Wednesday8 miles? Thursday5 miles? Friday Rest Day? Saturday8 miles? Sunday16 miles?(Hope it warms up...)
                            Day Plan Actual Comments
                            Monday XT Day30 ins/8.03 miles on the
                            I'm stupid Blush. I think I did what you said, and this is what I got. Well, not stupid....computer challanged Smile Tim

Well Tim I am pretty amazed at what you produced! I had no idea it was possible. I have placed a copy of the Word document with the embedded macro and a README.txt file in a self extracting file called WeeklySchedule.exe. Click on the link to SAVE the file to you system. Then extract the files to whatever folder you use for your running related documents. Read the README.txt file for directions on using the Word document and the table. Good luck!

evanflein

Hey Tim, don't feel bad. I'm always amazed when I can get it to work at all. Sure looks funny having all my stuff on your post though! Wink