Masters Running

The Daily Sunday Daily: 4.2.17 (Read 34 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

Tet - I can see  your pictures! Well done!

TomWhite - I like those kind of surprises...

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

I always tend to run faster when the coppers are chasin' me, too, Tramps.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around running 152 miles in 24 hours....I thought I did good when I ran 131 miles...in five days.  That is pretty awesome.  Congratulations to Bhearn!

I did 8 miles.

Okay--that's it.  See ya!

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Belated greetings to all.

Yes the weather was much more pleasant today.  About 38F, so I wore my shorts and long sleeves.  After a week of coughing, I wasn't sure what I might come up with, but ended up at 28:13 and higher up in the overall than I normally do at 38/154.  And even better, 2/6 in AG.  Hope just making the list counts as AG placement, since they only prized to first in each AG.  I'm certainly happy to be in the top three, anyway.

Add my awe to Bhearn's accomplishment

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Mike E

MM #5615

Hope just making the list counts as AG placement, since they only prized to first in each AG.  I'm certainly happy to be in the top three, anyway.

Of course it does!  Congratulations!

dg.

congrats, Kevin!

Twocat too....

& Tramps... nice!   I would write home about it.

& bhearn... sheesh.   what an amazing accomplishment....

I know I'm missing lots here...

Jay, sorry about the snow!    How did your dinner turn out?     no poke salad I bet.  just to put this one to rest, I've never made poke anything, but Tammy's comment about Leslie's typing discovery "how do you even discover that this is what you need to do" reminded me of it.  I read about it after finding some growing in my yard & had a similar reaction.  after getting sick from it the first time, who decided to boil it twice... & then three times??

Tet... pictures!   yay you!

tw, glad for happy surprises.   It's your turn.

btw.    I've long thought that serving as a Horrible Example to Other Runners was my responsibility; I've taken it quite seriously.  .    Now you tell me!

I start pt for my back (etc) in about a week.   yesterday there was a post in my neighborhood group about free sandstone.  someone had a retaining wall collapse.     well.    I was ok more or less till toward the end of unloading my second jam packed escape load...     oops!   (I know... if it hurts....  Wink

but happily & to my surprise I felt like running this a.m.,  shared Holly's 34F, sunny, & dry pavement (which I would send to you Erika, if I could...)   7 miles,  hillage,  taking it intentionally easy for the most part & was happily surprised with my pace though it would be a paper bag pace for most of you...    anyway was pleased till I read today's thread!    
            for much of the rest of the day I helped a friend who is moving his business to a new location, boy is that a big job.   There are a couple of individuals that seem to be buying whatever they can in Ann Arbor, & raising rents sky high, or just giving long term locally owned businesses the boot.   this particular friend has 2 of them, both have to move.  
            Anyway, now I'm tired.   

Mike, 131 miles in 5 days still counts.   Phew.

Henry that's great!   

hi Starr!  good luck in your race.    I'm glad the geese cooperated.  

note to self.... enough already!   
            ok.   

g'nite Johnboy.

evanflein

Of course, Stumpy! Well done, especially after a week of coughing!

I got out for 12.2 miles in the ([twocat don't look] snow that turned to spitty rain for the first half) in temps around 39-40°. Definitely colder than yesterday! I just love being wet and cold and splattered with muddy water by passing cars. Not. This was a tough run. Like Holly, my legs felt dead. I stopped quite a few times to rest a bit and was so tempted to call DH for a ride. I really didn't want to do that though because I really wanted to reach my goal. So I did. Glad that's done with. 42.4 for the week! I think a rest day tomorrow sounds like a very good idea.

dg.

Erika you're my hero, though I admit I worry about you running along the road esp. when it's slippery...

time for some wine & popcorn I'd say.

Mariposai

Erika you're my hero, though I admit I worry about you running along the road esp. when it's slippery...

Erika is my  hero too, and so are you, my dear sistahhh dg, congrats to both of you on your miles today.

Bhearm is our idol. We are honored to have know him. He is one gifted runner.

Congrats to all the racers this weekend.

This  was a busy weekend for the Easy Pacer and I. We traveled for 8 hours after working half a day on Friday to be able to attend a former colleague of mine husband's memorial service. We drove back today. Yesterday I ran my last 13 miles before my upcoming marathon next weekend.

Now it is taper time

Cheers,

Posie

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

Hi deegee, no, not slippery at all. Just wet and sloppy. Definitely not hero stuff, but thanks. And I was just telling DH tonight that I think what's holding me back from getting back to my ol' self is I'm trying too hard. Don't discount the paper bag approach, it sounds like it might be just what I need!

bhearn

Hi all! Thanks for the callouts.

Tramps

Hi all! Thanks for the callouts.

Thanks to you, Bob.  Inspiring effort; amazing execution.

Be safe. Be kind.