Masters Running

The Best Tuesday Of The Week 4/23/24 (Read 35 times)

TammyinGP

My son is moving to Vancouver in a couple weeks. But the Wash one, not the Canada one.

6.1 miles this afternoon. felt warm at 80 but I keep reminding myself that in a couple months the eighties will feel like a cool-off!

Tammy

SteveP

BTY - Good luck reigning the BP in.

Hiya Henrun.

Jay - In the day, I'd be up and out in a matter of minutes.  What was I thinking?

Tom White - That video is trippin'.

Leslie - Running Mate sounds interesting.  Everyone should feel safe and actually be safe.

Tetsujin209 - You went and made me blush.

It's hard to imagine the sanitary arrangements in the camps.  I'm inclined to agree that drug addiction and mental illness are the primary driving factors.

Doug - The driver of that truck!  Ugh.  No one's best day ever.

Enkephalin - Vancouver sounds wonderful.

I did the PT thing.  I put tulip bulbs in empty cans last fall hoping to protect them from wildlife.  Then I planted them along a portion of our trail.   Most of them are up and getting closer to blooming. I put moth balls around them to help deter deer.   Something did dig up a can.  We've getting a little excited.

This is along another part of our trail.

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #957

I have never been to Vancouver.

Steve, I did not realize that mothballs will deter deer from your tulips..

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

BTY

Thanks SteveP.  I think the BP thing is going to hinge on me once again realizing that I can't eat whatever I want to, just because I work out.

Tuesday my ten Arbor Day trees came in the US Mail.  I ordered them last spring, and they never came.  Then they came, all rotted out from being lost in the mail for weeks, presumably.  Then they were set to come in the fall, but it would have been too late to plant when I checked on their status.  So they came on Tuesday the 23rd and I'll have a window of two days when I can stick them in the ground before going away on vacation with DW for three days (long weekend).  American Redbud, Sugar Maple, and a dogwood, and then the rest I con't care too much about like Silver Maple and White Pine (they're everywhere already in these parts).

Wednesday morning, and I'm heading out to Rochester (the one in NY) to introduce my replacement to the project management staff in the Finger Lakes region.   I haven't done the 7 hour round trip since I made my first trip there to meet the "then" team (now all retired or passed on).  Usually it's two-three day trip with overnights but with our aging animals and with my DW heading down to her Mom's for three days, it puts a crimp in work travel.  No exercise for me on Tuesday or Wednesday this week.  Maybe I can use the rest.  It's been a looong winter here in upstate NY.

Dave59

Arbor Day is one of the days I can get into (unlike Earth Day). I've been meaning to plant some trees around our house but keep procrastinating. I won't make it by the 26th, but I hope I'll get it figured out this year.