Masters Running

Wednesday Hump Day July 19 (Read 36 times)

BTY

So great to see so many familiar names and photos here in the Masters of the Running Universe forum.  It has been quite a few years since I posted here regularly. What commitment to your running and your friendships you have shown!   It has also been quite a number of years since I have had anything worth posting here beyond a fly-by "hello and nice to see you all".  I'm thinking of changing my handle to NMWTY (Not much worse than yesterday) since my strategy for the past several years has been to slow down the slowing down.  A recurring string of injuries, some running related and some more related to working in a cubicle, and an irregular heartbeat have reduced my running miles from 1,000 to 1,600 per year to just a couple hundred - when things are going well.  Right now, things are going well and I'm getting out on my lunch break three times a week for 3-1/2 to 4 miles of running plus a mile of walking, as well as a mile walk on my coffee break in the morning.  As far as discus throwing goes, I haven't thrown with any consistency since New York State canceled the Empire State Games quite a few years back.  I may return now, though, since I now qualify for the Senior Games, and can throw the lighter discus. The last ESG Masters event I participated in, I bronzed in the 10,000 meter run on the track and in the Discus, a unique double, in Buffalo.  (I was the largest runner and the smallest thrower)  Good Thursday to all of you.

catwhoorg

Labrat

5 at lunch, then 8 on my hilly route after work.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

spacityrunner

BTY...so good to see you here...many of us have "adjusted" our running to meet our age :-)  Please visit often!!!  They canceled the ESG??  Dang they had been going on forever.  Sigh...the older I get the more things change (I am fka runningindc).  Come often and tell us what is going on with you!

Trails Rock!