Masters Running

Tuesdaily 2-20 (Read 38 times)

Henrun

No running today but some more cycling. Just returned from a sunset birding cruise with the Conservancy. A lot of birding here.

Erika-glad you’re heading to Florida.Next week we’ll be in Sarasota,  not Naples (it’s closer to Orlando).

Marathon Maniac #957

Carolyn - slacker and you have never been in the same sentence.

Record-breaking warmth today meant 61 degrees and high winds this morning.  I happily took the opportunity to run outside before taking DD to school.

5 miles total, with 14 100M striders.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Falconfixer

Hey y'all, lots of stuff going on here as I consider opportunities for my next job or assignment.  I was contacted by a recruiter, out of the blue, for a position in a plant that is about 1 mile (maybe less) from the house.  I have to consider it, but working lots of math to compare staying in civil service vs going back to the civilian sector.  Anyway, a nice problem to have....especially compared to the opposite problem.  So yesterday wound up being 6 at an easy pace.  Today was multiple:  4.1 miles before work, another 5 miles after work, then taught spin at the Y after that.  Tet, this is one of more popular "tough" profiles.  It's an interval workout.  8 intervals.  Each interval on its own isn't too bad, but not enough recovery time...so the last few are pretty tough.  It's a pretty good workout.

Tammy, my dad once was able to get tickets to the Talladega race (back when the second one was in August--in Alabama!).  This is a superspeedway, and we went before the restrictor plates were part of the setup and cars regularly got above 220 mph.  We didn't know much about racing but it was a good time.  Have them bring LOTS of hearing protection.  I'd get the foam inserts and ear muffs.

Steve, I've seen stuff like that also.  Once you determine no one got hurt, then that no equipment or product was damaged, the hardest part becomes not laughing until you're out of earshot/line of sight.

Have a great night everyone!

TammyinGP

Thanks for the tip Falconfixer.   My DH and I went to the Phoenix Nascar race about 12 yrs ago - yeah, LOUD is an understatement - it's deafening. We always have lots of earplugs on hand and even though I know my DH won't use them, I will tell my son to PLEASE use them.  My husband used to be a sprint car racer and has been on crew teams for much of his life, including being a tuner for a drag car racer.  No doubt he has some permanent ear damage as it is.

Tammy

Quickadder

Late evening run. 73F and 100% humidity at 9pm. Surprised myself with 9.4 miles at 9:07 pace in those conditions. About 30 seconds per mile faster than Saturday’s HM gives an idea of how frustrating a day I’d had.

Tammy, I think you signed up for that Ultra to psyche out the other teams in the mileage game 😀 It seems to be working 🤗

Started running at age 60.

AG 60-64 PR - 5K 25:45, 10K 53:28, HM 1:57:39, Marathon 4:32:09

AG 65-69 PR - 5K 26:11, HM 2:02:39, Marathon 5:04:47

SteveP

Last week I had my first double digit miles week since December 9.  10 whole miles!

Tom White, Snork.

The ankle is less wonky. Still another rest day. The weather forecast was freezing rain with a high of 550. It was spot on.

SteveP