Masters Running

Tue Oct 27 Runs and Workouts (Read 366 times)

Jlynne

Popped in for a Baby Will fix.

Aww, Steve - you're making me cry. I just got an e-mail from my DIL. Will is still pretty sedated. I guess the high amount of fat in baby's tissues makes this particular med leave their system more slowly. The kids are holding his hand and talking to him, trying to get him to wake up a little.

Will is still intubated, and they'll keep the line in until he wakes up. He isn't having any heart rhythm problems, which is great news, and only one chest tube.They sent some pictures of him. He has so many lines and drips right now, you couldn't even see his little body behind the rack of IV bags and stuff. That tough little peanut is holding his own, and the cardiologist is pleased with Will's progress.

I'm sorry to hear about Erika's weather. It's too early for treadmills! Will this be it for the winter, or is it possible you'll get another round of warm weather to melt all of that stuff?

Amos - love Legal Seafood! We ate there when we were in Boston last year, and one of my favorite pictures is my DH and a couple of his friends in their lobster bibs with 3# lobsters on a platter in front of them. Great food.

Good luck in NY Mariposai. Have a safe trip, and I think the mask is a really good idea. Hope you're not flying Northwest. If the pilots overshoot the airport, you could end up in Canada!

Managed a quick 3 mile run this afternoon. A beautiful fall day here. I'm going to start a "come to Green Bay for the Cellcom Marathon" promotion. Anyone interested in a nice May marathon? I live a mile and a half from the starting line, and I make some darn tasty lasagna.

evanflein

Jlynne thanks for the update on Baby Will. All his aunts and uncles out in inernet-land are eagerly awaiting any info!

As for our weather, no, this snow is here to stay. It'll get plowed and evaporate a bit during the winter (we're pretty dry here), but we've now got snow till late April. Our normal snowfall (that sticks) is Oct. 8, so we got a lot more dry season than usual which is all good. I'll be on the treadmill while it's sloppy and choppy out, but after the plows come out I'll be outside again. Good thing I'm still cross training a lot.

Mariposai

Good luck in NY Mariposai. Have a safe trip, and I think the mask is a really good idea. Hope you're not flying Northwest. If the pilots overshoot the airport, you could end up in Canada!

Can I have that big piece of lasagna now Jlynne? Thanks for the good luck wish...I will need it. I am flying Continental and with my mask on the whole time...no compromising with my doct...darn it...

Busy day tomorrow. Got to have posieson2 ready for his 12 days home alone adventure...and packing and cleaning and...and...and...

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

SteveP

Most schools here are closed until next Tuesday thanks to H1N1. DD#1 & DD#2 work in the hospital. No visitors under the age of 18.

Very good news about Baby Will. Your family is on our minds and in our hearts quite often, Jlynne.

My first delivery while working today was to a residential area while it was still dark. The kids are home from school and found out that thier Jack O Laterns had been stolen through the night. When I got back to the shop, I told my boss and he's brining a few pumpkins in to replace the lost ones.

I had a dentist appointment after work and there was time to pick up Tag. Near the office are some trials where hunting is prohibited. Though I can't measure the distance, we ran together for over 1/2 and hours. With the dog off the leash, not one squirrel threatened me.

SteveP