Masters Running

Sunday Jan 3, 2010 Where Is Everyone? (Read 410 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

Erika - I meant to tell you that I occasionally get a pain in that spot behind my ankle that I have thought was posterior tibular tendinitis (sp) in my left foot.  Haven't had it much lately, but I was getting it off and on in the fall pretty regularly, but mildly.  I seemed to get it more when I was doing more speedwork - maybe I hit the ground differently when I'm sprinting.  I hope that clears up for you soon.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Renee the dog

9 miles today -- 6 on treadmill and then I bundled up and just finished up 3 more with Renee a few minutes ago.  Hopelessly behind here.  Friends have all gone home, and we're reaclimating to just being a family of 5 (including Renee). 

Windy as all get out here. Part of my outdoor run was to try to find various things of our that have blown away today.  No luck...

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Mariposai

Tramps, the two movies you suggested this week were out, but I have them reserved for me for later this week. I was disappointed since I really wanted to watch "The lives of others". Anyway we ended up watching UP. What a sweet movie. I cried of course Smile.

TomS, I was thinking of you and your family while on my run today. I hope your FIL is doing better this afternoon.

Perch, let me know how you like your resistance band w/o. I use resistance bands during my pilates w/o. I really like them a lot.  I feel like they tone you up without bulking up the muscles.

Erika, my sweet sistahh. Come here, sit down, I will give you a warm cyber space massage and a warm hug. So sorry to read about your foot.

Holly, I think running on the treadmill takes a lot more will power and determination than running in cold weather. Do what is easiest for you and please don't think that you are a wimp when you opt for the TM.

10.5 solid, fluid slow miles this afternoon. I wanted to run 12, but that would have taken me to 48 miles for the week with an 8 miles increase from last week, which is too much of an increase, I think. Anyway, I ran to the next town in 58 minutes and I ran back in 54 minutes.

Off to find the picture of Henry that everyone is talking about.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Henrun

Deez, you look great-like a fashion model on a runway without a hair out of place. Most of my photos during  races are of my mouth wide open gasping for breath.
            Steve - loved the first date story; sorry about the blowing cape and all, I hate when that happens

Tramps - the hat-wrapped-water bottle-in-the-pocket is quite a creative solution;  I've been using the "this is better than the H2 of August" mantra a lot myself lately

denise - cool pics of you and Henry racing

tselbs - your FIL and family are in my thoughts

Leslie - TimTams, yummmmmm

Erika - I probably say this to you several times every winter, but I can't even imagine what -35 feels like; I was in a wind chill around (+)4 today and that was definitely cold enough for me.  Healing vibes to your foot.

No run for me today, as I drove the round-trip "down the shore" to NJ for church and a meeting that ended up being cancelled after I got there.  No worries, though, as the wind would surely have sent me flying off the boardwalk.  And the house was much too cold for an overnight.  Had a nice lunch at a favorite bay front restaurant where the porch has a fantastic view of the water and is actually warmer than the indoor dining room.  

Hey, nono, I'm thinking of doing the Ocean Drive 10-miler as a pre-NJ marathon race.  The timing's perfect to decide whether to bail on the marathon and run the half in May.  And I hear they party a little more in the Wildwoods than in the (dry) OC . . . .   Wink

I've spent the last couple of hours planning lessons for the kiddos for this week.  Where did this, the second-longest Christmas break possible, disappear to, anyway?  I'm not exactly dreading going back like I have in past years, but I'm definitely going to miss sleeping past 5:45 and drinking coffee from a real mug at my kitchen table instead of in a metal sippy-cup-thingie in the car.  Oh, and not having to repeat every instruction x times where x = the number of kids in the class times pi.

Keep warm, everybody.  Smile

Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

evanflein

Eliz, I've been thinking the same thing. Back on December 23rd, it felt like it was such a long stretch of time till January 4. Now it's tomorrow morning. Egads. Back to getting up at 5:45... the kids don't go back until Tuesday so they have one more day to get "on schedule," or at least closer to it.

Holly, I did do those three quarter mile sprints at the end of my 8+ miler on Thursday. I'm wondering if that aggravated it to the point where I really couldn't ignore it. Oh well, I still have time to take some time off and work on getting it better. I sure couldn't do 40-50 miles a week on it at this point.

DH and I went to the gym again today. 11 minutes (1.25 mile) on the elliptical to warm up, then 30 minutes of legs and abs in the weight room and 30 minutes of pool running. A good workout. But I'd have rather gone for a long run...