Masters Running

Mon Dec 22 Runs and etc. (Read 510 times)

wildchild

Carolyn

The slower you run the less the windchill Smile
    Big grin Yeah, but the slower you run, the longer you're out there in the cold. Hugs to BuffBo - sorry about your toes! It's 34F and sunny today so I went for a 4 mile run around the snowy golf course next to the office. No golfers today. Teresa, you asked if my DD wanted to do something connected to writing - the answer is no, she wants to be an engineer. She just happens to be a very good writer, which will serve her well whatever she does. Anyone notice the days getting longer yet? ... Me neither.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

TammyinGP

Anyone notice the days getting longer yet? ... Me neither.
      me neither. Still seems like 24 hrs to me. Confused

Tammy

Marathon Maniac #3309

TIMBOOO you come back RIGH HERE, right now. You don't have our permission to leave us like that. Running or not, we so enjoy your company and besides, XTraining and TAPERing and RESTing is also part of training. You serve as an inspiration to us...so...you ain't going away young man. 5:30 am 16F 6 miles with the snowplows as a sound track. I must admit this run was inspired by the lovely PDR.
        She had me at....."young man" Smile...bless your heart Wink So much for not posting any more Roll eyes BuffBo...more like Stub Bo right now...

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Did a 2 mile walk around the neighbourhood. Went outside for the same twcie yesterday as I was getting cabin fever. No wii fit. I officially have 4WD envy.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Carolyn, your DD's writing skills will definitely help her as an engineer, as you know! I'm always pointing out to our kids how many reports and letters DH has to write, usually to laymen who don't understand the technical aspects of building design. I made it to the Y and ran 6.0 miles on the TM. After my first 30 minutes, the TMs were pretty full, so I got off and looked at the sign-up list. No one had signed up for mine, so I decided to. I felt funny putting "TP" down again, so I used different initials! Lame. I don't know why it should bother me, since most people don't bother to sign up, period. It was one of those days where part of me said, "I don't want to run today!" and the other half said, "Who cares what you think? Get going!" As usual, I'm glad I went. Have a good evening!!
            xor

Image and video hosting by TinyPic My view this morning. The snow on the hood of the car fell last night. The snow on the roof is a combo of last night's snow and the day before's snow. That's about a foot. In my yard, this foot combined with a previous 3-6 inches. Image and video hosting by TinyPic Here's a nice sign. Image and video hosting by TinyPic My back yard ski slope. Rated green. POWDER, dudes! Image and video hosting by TinyPic That collection of tree limbs came off the 90 foot tree (trunk is that dark thing on the left). I did not pile these together; that's just where they fell last night. The one in the foreground is about 9 inches in diameter. I can't lift it. Glad I wasn't under it. Image and video hosting by TinyPic And that's what happens when one dog feels compelled to get by the heater vent whilst the other dog is hogging it.

Mariposai

Shocked, wow you got more snow than me at this point. No anciously awaiting for more snow to go skiing. adorable dogs, what is their name?

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

xor

Their name is Beagle Bailey and Tobias J. Funky, Dachshund.

TammyinGP

that's some impressive snow SR! Are you on Queen Anne or Capitol? amazing to see that in Seattle!

Tammy

xor

that's some impressive snow SR! Are you on Queen Anne or Capitol? amazing to see that in Seattle!
                      Neither, actually. I live on Crown Hill, which is one of the big hills north of Queen Anne. Sorta kinda between Ballard and North Seattle/Shoreline. I think I'm higher than Queen Anne, but if so, not by much. Capitol Hill and Queen Anne got hit very hard too, of course. SUCKS to see that in Seattle. We aren't prepared for this, infrastructure-wise. And the hills just make it that much worse. The snow is very thick on my roof, and I'm worried about ice damming causing my roof to leak. Or my gutters falling off. It has been about 34 this afternoon, which is cool, but it'll get down to 25 tonight and freeze everything into a sheet of ice. Oh. More snow for tomorrow night! Yay.

TammyinGP

ok - I know where you are. I used to live just across from Magnuson Park (70th and Sand Point) and I worked across the Space Needle on 5th and John. The hills and lack of alternate routes to get places in Seattle have made things real difficult I'm sure! I wouldn't want to be trying to drive places there, that's for sure!

Tammy

Mariposai

the one sleeping on the cozy bed is my fave... hey with all the hula hooping and core WiiFitting you have been doing you should be able to just jump up on your roof and dance the hokey pokey to get rid of the snow.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Franc59

Half Fanatic #36

No time to run today....had to shovel snow at work... and yes I also have as much as Enke and Robert.. took some picture but I'm challenged when it comes to posting them! Please don't tell me it is going to snow again.....I've had enough!!!! Francesca
                              Lopez......We're in the same boat w/r/t the fallen tree business, and I wouldn't wish the job of cleaning it up on anybody. At least yours is a pine....you get a free xmas tree. I'd post a pic, but I'm still not having luck linking to Picasa. Anyhoo.....treadmill progression: 8:43 (inc. w/u), 8:30, 8:15, 8:00, 7:45, 7:13, 1/2 mile w/d, 6.5 miles. MTA: tryin' it w/ tinypic MATASurprisedoops that's a big picture. And a big tree.
                              xor

Walt: When you post with tinypic, it has a very handy dropdown on the upload page called "Resize". Set it to "webpage" or "message board" when you load a picture and it will be sized better. As for picasa, did you see my post last night? I might have been confusing, sorry. That is one mess o' tree. YIKES.