Masters Running

Wednesday, 1.4.17 (Read 37 times)

evanflein

Hey Janie, then 2017 has got to be better, right? I mean, more than 9 runs has got to be doable. We're here for you! (and yes, very glad to see you again!)

It's so cool to have so many new posters here and so many old frens (yes Tramps, OLD frens! Big grin ) coming back! And I love it that flats started the daily today! You guys all rock. And you all need reading glasses. Space City. Really!

Canadian Meg's -40 windchills are bad, for sure. When we have -40, it's still air temp which frankly is much worse. The inner parts of your car aren't bothered by windchill, but everything slows down at -40 air temp. And the fun happy news is... we might see it tomorrow night! Bleh.

Glad to hear Dexter is doing better. It is weird when they get afflicted by something and then improve, and you never know what it was.

We have volunteer delphinium and lilies in our yard. I try to dig them up and replant where I want them. Saves a trip to the nursery!

Hi Leslie! Glad to hear you (and Holly) made it to the end of the year without killing anyone. Always a plus.

After taking two days off to let this tendinitis or whatever it is settle down, my foot felt good enough to try a test run tonight so I got in 10k on the treadmill and everything seems ok. Not 100%, but ok. And Jlynne, yes I like Twocat's description of the refrigerator and still going out to eat. We have a gym membership where we can do cross training, weights and pool running/swimming, etc. But I have a treadmill in my garage that's perfect for when I don't want to deal with the elements or other conditions. Hard to beat the convenience.

SteveP

Fixed it for you.

Jlynne, I'd be happier if the treadmills ran longer than an hour.

Guilty of Space City here. .

Holly, Thank you for the Dexter update.

Mrrun, are you still involved in archaeology? The dog and I found a lovely burial mound. We've left it alone. However, I've read articles about finding artifacts in Michigan. I have enough distractions though. still...digging in river banks with grandkids seems tempting.

Cutting back on ice cream??? Seriously???

Janie B Good, Keep your chin up. You are a valued member of this group! Period! Don't make me come down there.

Left work on time. For me. Had my heart set on snow blowing the drive way. Doing it correctly is just shy of two miles on the Garmin. The wind had bare ground exposed. WOW! I did dishes while DW made dinner then went to hop on the elliptical/clothes rack. The plan was to watch a good Batman movie. The brand new Blu Ray doesn't work. Fine, Regular TV will be OK. The boss calls at 6:30 wanting to know where I was. M-W-F, I'm out the door no later than 5:00 PM. Period. I've got two assistants on Tuesday and Thursday.  Whatever the issue is, it can wait. Back on the elliptical...."Stevie!! The water is frozen!". Oh well...I may leave work at my scheduled time tomorrow.

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #957

janie's confession--  i only ran 9 times last year.  NINE.  i feel so pathetic. 

Janie - this is a new year, a fresh start.  BUT, you have to get healthy first.  Start slow and easy. Give yourself permission to run short distances and take walk breaks.  The important thing is just to try to get the habit going again.

Catwhoorg - baby pictures?

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."