Masters Running

New Year resolutions (Read 364 times)

jules2

We've only got a couple of days so lets get posting and promise that we will update throughout the year. Should we give an award to the person who makes and then achives the best resolution? Anyway here are mine fate permitting, over 1000 miles running, this might not seem a lot compared to a lot of you but I get terrible achilles problems. sub 1.27 half sub 25 10 mile cycle time trial support this site as Eric seems to be a really nice guy Ciao

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

#artbydmcbride

Okay, since you promised there may be a prize in it. Big grin Run at least one race per month Lose weight Get faster Work on my internet addiction Do my part to solve global warming and world warfare.

Runners run

Wingz

Professional Noob

As posted over on the Running for Weight Loss site... Right now my 2008 goals are: 1) Finish nursing school (anticipated graduation Dec. 200Cool 2) Earn my first degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do (anticipated testing date May, 200Cool 3) Get in the best shape of my life! Do this by: ..........a)run 1000 miles in 2008 ..........b) strive to keep my road-running easy pace in the McMillan "easy runs" range ..........c) prevent injuries by: ....................1) rotating shoes out by 250 miles (this is my trouble zone) ....................2) regular strength training and stretching ....................3) continuing to include frequent trail runs ....................4) minding the 10% rule ..........d) have fun with running! ....................1) trail half-marathon April 26 ..........e) bring my diet in line with the food gude pyramid. Yes, vegetables and all... ..........f) reach my goal weight of 145 by my birthday (in September)

Roads were made for journeys...

PR's at every distance (the 1st attempt at 10K will be next Sunday.) BQ 200 miles per month on average - perhaps 2500 for the year with marathon training. Go to the gym for cross-training at least 2 times per week. Remain healthy and happy. Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

HermosaBoy

Get my shoulder healed!!! Smile Be the best dad that I can be! Find a cute female runner to spend some time with... Blush Running related: PRs at all distances 3,000 miles with at least one 100 mile week Drink a little less Diet Dr Pepper and vodka...

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

.....I got tired just reading Wingz's Resolutions////// --------------------------------- .....1.....Have enough sense to stop if I feeling like I'm tearing up .......2......Have a Plan-B-C-D for when I don't follow Resolution #1 ........3......One nordictrak a week,,,,even if I'm NOT hurt yet,,,,,,, ..........4.....weight loss/cross-train/play a musical instrument/buy War Bonds/Nuke the Whales/plan World Domination/,,,etc,,,......,,,,I NEVER get to #4 on a list,,,,,,

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Wingz

Professional Noob

.....I got tired just reading Wingz's Resolutions
                Tee hee hee!

Roads were made for journeys...

munchkn883

Resolutions: 1. Meet more CR Boomers and maybe some runningaheaders! 2. Do at least one half marathon every two months...right now I have one scheduled in Feb. and March. 3. Be the best wife, mom & mimi. 4. Last but not least ---- beat this third cancer mess in my bones. Love to all and happy walking or running!! Big grin
                    Resolutions: 1. Meet more CR Boomers and maybe some runningaheaders! 2. Do at least one half marathon every two months...right now I have one scheduled in Feb. and March. 3. Be the best wife, mom & mimi. 4. Last but not least ---- beat this third cancer mess in my bones. Love to all and happy walking or running!! Big grin
                    You are a strong person....you will beat #4...
                    evanflein

Resolutions: 4. Last but not least ---- beat this third cancer mess in my bones.
                      Munch, nobody can post a better goal...
                      evillee

1. Run 5 times more in 2008 than I did in 2007 2. Bet that addiction (HFCS) once and for all 3. Run all Philly races 4. Lose 1 pound a month 5. Be a better husband and father 6. be evil Evil grin