Masters Running

December Boomer Miles and 2007 Totals (Read 1111 times)

December totals: 135.8 2007 totals: 2027.5 15k PR: 1:08:59 Looking forward to 2008 with a nice pipe dream of breaking 3:30 at Boston.....

December Total.....119.45 PR 2007 total ......1027.9 PR
        Thanks for starting the monthly here Tramps. December: 252.90 2007: 2753.99 Oh just missed 2754 Sad By far more miles in a year than I have ever run!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Thanks Mr.Tramps...Enjoy your retirement... Dec. miles-127.7 YTD-1808
          Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
          millbot

Hey there Tramps and y'all. Smile December - 252 miles, a PR 2007 - 2293 miles, also a PR Wishing you all a healthy and happy 2008!

Manchild

Tramps, you've been great! Thank YOU so Much! December totals- 99.4 YTD- 1028.1 Chris
                Tramps, thanks so much for two years of thoughtful inspiration. You've done a lot of hard work on these monthly threads, but you've inspired dozens and dozens of us. All the best to you and your family in 2008. Smile december: monthly mileage pr for me, 341.5 -- hit the 11mi/day threshold. 2007: 2457 miles. good year, new marathon pr, first boston, good running friends irl and on the net go boomers go!

jules2

Worst year since I started running in 2002 as I only did around 470 miles ( log screwed by active, leg screwed by achilles ) and only 30 this month due to bad cold. Usually I do around 1000 per year. But the tendon is getting better and the cold has almost gone so really looking forwards to 2008 and to getting to know you all better. To me this forum seems ideal, theres a variety of people and not too many that you can't scroll through all the messages which to me makes it more personal. Also at last I have found something in common with DH, we are the same weight. Now to some serious training as I have a half in March in the Hague ( Holland ) which I understand gets a lot of entries and is flat so hopefully a PB ( currently 1.29.25 ) beckons

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

December - 53 miles, which is great for me! Hope to ramp up more in 2008. I will also be recording my runs in the RA log every time, also, which I didn't do in 2007. Teresa
                    Fred.Just Fred

The Internut

Back on CR there was a tradition of posting our running/walking miles for the month on the “Boomer Miles” thread. (You can see the thread from last month here: http://community.active.com/thread/37291?start=105&tstart=100 ) January will be a good time to start new traditions in our new home under new management. But before we do, let’s finish business for 2007! When you are done running for the month, be sure to post: 1. your total mileage for the month (indicate if this was a PR) 2. any race PR’s (include distance and time) 3. your miles for 2007 (Is this a PR for you? Let us know how the running year went for you) NOTE: If you were known by another name at CR, please mention that so I can enter your data properly and so I don't include your previous name on the "wish you were here" list. I'm easily confused. Background for newcomers: At the end of each month, Boomers are required to note how many miles (or kilometers) they have run that month. You must be 40+ years old and run or walk at least 1 mile to be eligible. Sorry, only running and walking numbers are counted. Figuring out a way to incorporate cross-training numbers would cause my head to explode. The deadline is midnight EST on the 2nd of the new month. The numbers are tallied and posted (usually on the 3rd) in a simple analysis that includes various awards, serious and silly. No matter how few or how many miles you have, please post! Every mile is an accomplishment.
                      Hi Tramps, I was just checking over my log for 2007. I only joined this site in mid-December, so I don't have a "history" here, but here are my answers to your questions. Before I respond, let me say that I am/was NOT a CR habitue. But I -am- qualified to respond, as I'm 56 years of age, and have been running since I turned 40: 1. Total miles for December, 2007: 100.26 -- NOT a PR 2. Two Race PRs this year: Half-Marathon (2:01:45) and 10K (55:32). 3. Total miles for 2007 = 1,049.52. Also not a PR (ran 1,180 miles last year). I was hampered this year by Morton's Neuroma, basically a pinched nerve in my left foot. Apparently I have TWO pinched nerves, since as I've been getting treated for one, another has made itself known. The podiatrist was quite confused by the ultrasound until we started exploring (and getting injections). Besides my 2008 goal of 2,008 kilometers (1248 miles), I hope to run pain-free for the first time in three years! Happy New Year, everyone!

I'll have days when I don't think I can run a marathon. I'll have a lifetime to know that I did.

HermosaBoy

December 222.3 2007 -- 2700.2 a new PR over 2006 -- 2160.9 Also, PR'd at all distances from the mile through the marathon. It was a GRETA year!!! Big grin Big grin Big grin

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

PJH

Hi Tramps! Thanks for pulling this together! Dec - 204.0 2007 - 2148.0 ... a PR year in the four that I've been running ...by far! In fact, this may be the best year that I ever run. Lots of PRs, but the highlight was my sub 4-hour marathon in September which helped qualify me for Boston in 2008. I get tired just thinking about the great year of running that I've had! Smile PJ
                          PBJ

Marathon Iowa 2014

Hey Tramps - you're the best for doing this! Okay - December 2007 - 201 miles. 2007 total - 2,845 miles - a PR. Total miles since I've been tracking (6/1/03) - 11,830. Also, PBJster #2 ran 49 miles in 2007 - a PR for my nine year old girl! One racing PR in 2007 - 2:59Tight lippedx at Hartford in October (and a major award - must be Italian).
                            CassadAAmius

Tramps, thanks a million for all the effort you have put into these threads. You're the best. What will you do with all your free time at the beginning of each month? This has been a frustrating, injury-ridden year. Didn't come close to the 2400+ miles I ran in 2006. Blew out my AT in August going for a sub-5:00 mile and am still trying to fix it. December: 19.5 miles running 39,100 yards swimming (22.2 miles) Totals for the year: 1145 miles, almost all before 8/17 110.1 miles swimming (huge PR), almost all after 8/17 26.5 hours on the elliptical Maybe the equivalent of ~1800 miles if you convert it all to running. Masters PRs this year at 400m (61.3), 1500m (4:40) and the mile (5:05). Did my first triathlon. The 1500m was my first race with an age-graded score above 80 in over 20 years. Wishing everyone healthy and fleet-footed miles in 2008.
                              evanflein

Adding my thanks to Tramps for having done this for so long. Hope someone can pick it up without too much trouble... December running: 156.2 mostly frosty, nippy miles 2007 total: 1910.8 for a hugh PR over 2006 (1050.7) No race PR's in December, but 2007 saw a PR in every distance for me from the one mile (6:38 ) to the marathon (Seattle 3:49:50), and four Boston Qualifying times. No real injuries and an ever-patient spouse... this was a great year. I can only hope 2008 is as good (but sekritly hoping for even better!).