Masters Running

40/40 Thread for Week Ending 5/2/10 (Read 798 times)

Kimmie

Kimmie  Free Pass  Boston Marathon

I did not check in here last week, but it turns out I didn't need a free pass, since I ran that relay last weekend.

So, for me, I ran the Marathon on Monday- no running Tuesday and Wednesday- easy, short on Thursday and the relay over the weekend... ended up with 43 miles total for the week,   Smile

I'm taking one more week to just run "whatever I want"  which may end up being only about 25 miles this week and then week it's back to it.

usandtoto-2@msn.com

Thanks Holly,

Tapering this week (yes, a real taper) for the Colorado Marathon.

Mon:  6 miles - flew to San Diego for the week, 7.0 miles fairly easy

Tues:  8 miles w/ strides - 9.0 miles w/ 10 x 30 sec strides

Wed:  6 miles - 7.0 miles, wonderful recovery run, overall pace was about 25 seconds faster per mile than my usual recovery pace with the same HR of 140.  Not sure why it was like that but, I went with it..

Thurs:  9 miles w/ 3x1600 - 9.0 miles w/ 3x 1 mile (6:44 ave pace) with 3 x1/2 mile (8:20 ave pace). 

Fri:  6 miles - 6.0 miles at a nice and easy pace.  Flew home

Sat: 7 miles - 8.0 miles including 4 miles at MP with 5 x 45 second strides randomly thrown in.

Sun: 13 miles - 14.0 miles, including 8 miles at MP, hilly route (+ - 650 ft), pushed the pace this morning, (7:40 overall) with Ave HR 153 and Max of 170. 

Total: 60.0 miles

Marathon Maniac #530 Mike (My Indian name is "Runs for Beer")

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

61 miles for the week.

Next week's plan is to run.  Minimum of 7 miles per day and 55-60 for the week.  May be hard, Nashville is underwater.

pfriese

Thanks Holly,

I ran OKC Memorial Marathon last Sunday. Also, I'll be needing one of those free passes this week.

M: rest day

T: 5 miles easy running

W: 8 miles easy running

Th: rest day

F: rest day

Sa: 5K race with wu/cd

Su: 17.1 miles running,

--------------------------------------------------------------

Total: 34.3

Paul

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Next week's plan is to run.  Minimum of 7 miles per day and 55-60 for the week.

Then again, maybe not.  My house was severely trashed by the storm.  Big trouble.  Criminy.

Oh no Trent! I am so sorry...everyone safe though?
              Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

All safe.  We are out of town.  Great pics and videos on weather channel.    My place.
                  Yeesh...I just looked at the photos you posted on FB. I am so glad you are all safe, but I know there are tough days ahead with the clean-up.

MM #7877

43 miles this week. 17 out 18 weeks of 40 or more miles in 2010.

Philippians 4:13.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey