Masters Running

Sundaily, 4.15.18 (Read 39 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Saturday's workouts:

Deeze (4.2 miles from work to the Boston finish line)

RunnKSA (5 EZ TM miles with the TV on)

Jlynne (30 min of weights/core with snowmageddon outside)

Bioguy (pre-wedding 3.5 mi mountain hike with DW, DD, SIL, BIL, SIL)

Holly (20.1 in and outside rainy miles [well, it was rainy outside]).

Tomwhite (40 min pool run with letters)

Henrun & Marj (walking & watching the Boston Athletic Association 5K in IRC)

Anzlo (21 miles with DW [who went 22] with some windage)

Spacityrunner (4 miles in near-IRC)

Stumpy (3.1 lake loop miles in 50° temps)

Evanflein (3.5 afternoon TM miles)

Mike (10 TM miles with too much snow outside)

Falconfixer (10K race in 45:13 for 7th OA and 1st AG)

Mariposai (2 hr, 10 mi PT test run)

Fatozzig (10 miles in the hilly Forest with 2 ladies)

Tet (25.09 miles in the Cottontail 12-Hr, plus add-on for total of 26.2 in "Rain/Rain/Rain")

SteveP (snowy run with Tag & Mia)

I can't believe all the snow Jlynne and Mike are getting in mid-April! I keep telling people the weather's been screwy ever since we put a man on the moon - never should'a done that!

Great racing by Falconfixer and Tet yesterday! Congrats, guys! Tet - that's a long way to go in the rain. Unfortunately, thousands of people will have to deal with that in Boston tomorrow.

Stay tough, Starr!

Keep up the good healing work, Evanflein, Mariposai, and Fatozzig

Thanks for the link and tip, Steve. I'll be sure to pass that on. Great pooch photos.

7.75 EZ RW miles this morning in 29° temps and a drizzle. At least I got it done before the sleet and freezing rain moved in. Still trying to figure out what I'm going to wear on feet tomorrow to keep them warm and dry in 4-5+ hours of work at the start of the marathon tomorrow, Maybe my rubber boots?

Have a greta Sunday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Jay - I too am so impressed by your "walking" paces.  Amazing!  Thanks for the recap too.

Love the pictures SteveP posted yesterday.  Good thing you don't have a white dog that likes to run away

Posie - 20 miles this week, wow, nice comeback!  Your PT works on Saturday?

Leslie - that sounds like a beautiful run in the forest and so great that you are able to run now!  And a plus to find a running partner matched to your abilities.

Tet - awesome marathon on the Cottontail run!  That sounds tough. I think you have posted pictures of it before, you with a walking stick and a goofy hat by some steps?

This sure is a tough time in my life but I'm going to make it.  It seems like he fell really hard and now he's just playing games, not really convicted that this is the right thing to do.  I have church, my faith, Celebrate Recovery, a therapist now family to reach out to (eventually) and Alanon, if I have the courage to go there.

I am anxious to dig out of this mess so I can go take pictures of the snow drifts!  See ya, have a great day.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

Good morning good people. Thanks for your recap Jay, and great workout this morning in less than ideal conditions. I hope you figure out how to stay warm and dry tomorrow - that's a long time to be outdoors in crappy weather!

You're on my prayer list Starr. Stay strong.

Speaking of crappy weather, this is day #2 of the April blizzard here. We've already gotten a couple of feet of snow and it's still coming down hard. By the time this system moves out of here tomorrow, the forecasters say we'll have 30 inches. It would be kind of pretty (well, that's an idiot using the glass half full/half empty theory) if the wind wasn't blowing 25-30 mph. A person can only do so much laundry and clean out so many closets!

I see another neighbor stuck in the street. Out to help her get down the road. Later...

mrrun

Carpy weather cancelled our delayed family Seder today (folks not driving on icy NH and ME roads), so we are forced (???) to attend Robin's part-ay!

See some of you soon,

marj

SteveP

Love the pictures SteveP posted yesterday.  Good thing you don't have a white dog that likes to run away

We used to get FIL’s Samoyed, “Angel”, (AKA the Evil White Thing) while they wintered in Alabama.  She she ran off whenever possible. I’d dye her green on St. Patrick’s Day. We went snowshoeing after a blizzard. When we stepped off a snowmobile trail, she sank fast and tried swimming in chest deep snow. Reluctantly, I let her off the leash so she could walk in my tracks. Sometimes she’d step on the back of my snowshoes and I’d face plant.

Good times.

SteveP

.......... I’d dye her green on St. Patrick’s Day. .........

..I Love It......

......also great RaceWalking jay

....and to mikeE//.......could be worse, there might be Snow Mosquitos

====================

.....pouring today,

and SNOW tonite

so 20-min bikeride before church,

and

hopefully two more this afternoon

.................Good Whatever You Can Do To Ya.......

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Mike E

MM #5615

Good morning!

Speaking of crappy weather, this is day #2 of the April blizzard here. We've already gotten a couple of feet of snow and it's still coming down hard. By the time this system moves out of here tomorrow, the forecasters say we'll have 30 inches.

I see another neighbor stuck in the street. Out to help her get down the road. Later...

I guess I shouldn't complain, then. We've only gotten about 14"...and, of course it is still snowing.  It's never ever going to stop snowing.

Yesterday, right after I got done with my 10 miles on the treadmill, I walked upstairs to take a shower and Debbie told me that she ordered a couple of pizzas and they were ready to be picked up...now!  I was not happy.  I went out and shoveled my truck out while the neighbor was across the street digging out another neighbor who was stuck trying to get out of his driveway.  I wanted to go help, too, but...I had a stupid pizza that was getting colder by the minute.  I jumped in the truck and went the other way.  By the time I got back home, the car was back in the driveway...I still feel guilty.

Since, I didn't have to go to church, this morning, I came downstairs to putz on the computer (entered all my passwords on an excel spreadsheet) and, while I was down here, another neighbor blew out my driveway!

Did I mention it's still snowing?  It's never ever going to stop snowing.

I feel really bad that I won't get to follow the Boston runners, tomorrow.  Last year, I swore I was going to take the day off this year but, with the new job, I don't think it's a good idea.

Okay--that's it, for now.  I'll check back in after I run later today....on the treadmill...because it's still snowing.  It's never ever going to stop snowing.

Mike E

MM #5615

....and to mikeE//.......could be worse, there might be Snow Mosquitos

Good point!

Mike E

MM #5615

https://youtu.be/gmiuhGwwbgk

I’ve never tried copying a link, before, so I hope this works.  Sorry for the language..

Henrun

3 miles in the cold with a few flakes falling (Sorry midwesterners). Slippery roads up north as Marj mentioned.

Hardy bunch here- saw many runners in shorts and long sleeved T’s.- of course, they’re young.

I’ve never tried copying a link, before, so I hope this works.  Sorry for the language..

Good news for me. The guy who's been coming to do our driveway with his big John Deere snow blower just called. His truck broke down and he won't be able to come today. Back out with the shovel...

Ha ha! That reminded me of this one

https://youtu.be/20VQuuqNvsc

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

Thanks, Jay.   Congratulations, tet!  Nice marathon.    Starr- Alanon would be a great idea.     The weather up north is ridiculous.  I feel sorry for the Boston runners.  I hate the cold, windy rainy days.

5.1 miles on the path.  My leg didn't do as well as yesterday.  It just sort of ties up- not pain, but not OK.  Thought it would do better since it did yesterday.   We have a company outing at the Sounds game (minor league baseball).  It's 49 degrees and gloomy.  Won't that be fun!  It's sort of a required performance for me, but I would back out if I could.  I try to be excited about minor league baseball, but I just can't get there.  It's a beautiful stadium and would be fun to just go and hang out and eat the food our company is providing on a nice spring day.  Well, that is not today.  I don't like being cold, so I can't imagine how many layers the t-shirt we've been given to wear will be under.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Carpy weather cancelled our delayed family Seder today (folks not driving on icy NH and ME roads), so we are forced (???) to attend Robin's part-ay!

See some of you soon,

marj

Bad news for them, good luck for us. Will be heading down shortly. Probably stop at the expo for a bit before hand.

3.98 miles this morning. 20 degrees colder than yesterday and 20 mph more breezy. A little snow spitting as I finished. Feel so bad for the back of the packers tomorrow. 5-6+ hours with rain a head wind AND rain. Brrr.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Anzlo

Tet, Falconfixer - Congrats on great event runs !

I offer my sympathies for those of you having horrible wintry weather conditions in April.  Whether you believe in climate change or not everybody pretty much has to agree the states (as well as other parts of the world) are having some pretty severe and sudden climate swings; drought to flood, severe heat to severe cold, excessive wind storms above normal, etc. ...

Not that it matters much but as noted in the summary DW and I did not actually run "together" and in fact did not even see each other during our runs Saturday morning.  DW had a really really good 22 miler and was quite excited about pinning down her "sweet spot" method for her run/walk ratios and technique.  She has been struggling with too fast at the start and tired legs at the end of long runs.  She was so up beat about it and the workout for her went so well she is now again flirting with the idea that a PR might occur in 3 weeks.  She isn't going after it, but it might just happen; she prefer I didn't run with her however.

I'm still staying locked in at easy run pace (heart rate long run average at 75% max or 65% HRR) depending on method of measurement which is producing a pace between 11:00 and 11:20 depending on weather and personal fatigue for the day.  So, I have no real expectations for the day other than to finish it as an extended long run.  It looks like I might run a 10K a couple weeks after the marathon as part of my follow up hemoglobin testing post marathon cycle with a short "race".  The idea that if a problem is going to show up a "hard tempo" 10K should show something without the risk associated with a marathon at it's "race tempo".  The next three weeks will be focused on not losing running fitness with a changeover to all running shorter distances instead of the run/walk I have been doing for everything given the above 10K addition.

Have a great Sunday and upcoming week folks !

65+ Bests: 5K-26:11, 10K-TBD, HM-TBD