Masters Running

Wednesday thanks to all of our veterans on their day runs (Read 485 times)

Slo

too bad, Slo.   though I read that 'TYR Jammies'.  ;-)

I had to go back and look to see what I wrote cause sometime I wear my "Jammie" bottoms to the Y.

Does anyone else find it odd that cubit is a linear measurement?

Thanks veterans!

Normal routine for newborns is no sleep.

Steady rain for today's run, about 47°, not entirely pleasant, but now in the books: 9.1 miles, 1:13:34, 8:03/mi, AHR 158 (81% MHR)

Sounds like the rain was a little harder further south of me.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Run the race God set B4U

Yes Thanks Veterans!!!!  Just got back from inside, we prayed at the flag pole at work today  Smile   I did do 3.1 miles this morning and it's a beautiful day here in AR!!!
        5K's (11), Half Marathon (1), Relay Marathon (1), 15K's (2)

Marathon Maniac #957

Tina - good to see you jumping in!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Run the race God set B4U

Thanks Holly for calling a newbie out   Smile   Just kidding.....lol...you will get used to my silliness, everyone else does  Smile  Glad to post with this awesome group, I'm flattered  Smile
            5K's (11), Half Marathon (1), Relay Marathon (1), 15K's (2)

Marathon Maniac #957

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Franc59

Half Fanatic #36

Back at work after running a very small local Veterans Day Half Marathon.  Good training run, ended up yet again at my usual pace, 1:47ish... My running friend  finished first woman, no surprise there, I still managed to end up 3rd . Perfect running weather, even a bit of sunshine, tons of food at the end: a big pot of hot chocolate the best part of it all!! not to mention all the Maniac and Fanatic friends out there, no better way to celebrate.

A good Veterans Day to all.

Francesca 

dg.

Francesca, way to go!  I like your usual pace.  Smile.     It's good to have you posting more again, won't bug you too much about this 1/2 half RR.   ;-)

Tina it's good to see you posting too!  I remember you visited the newbie thread for a little while.  I almost posted on your speed thread, but I don't have it yet.   

Where's Liz?  

dg.

I had to go back and look to see what I wrote cause sometime I wear my "Jammie" bottoms to the Y.

Big grin

Mariposai

Hey, this is so great...we have two new posters here...hurray!!! t-bone and Tinaz welcome to our RAworld. You will love it here.

I dropped off the car to the tire center to get new snow tires and then I went off for a relaxing, timeless 6 miles run.

My gratitude to all the Veterans! Thanks to their sacrifice we all enjoy the freedom we have here in this country.

More NYC pictures are being posted on Facebook for those who would like to see it.

Great race Francesca.  1:47 is very good.

Making Ethiopian lentils, injera and vegetables right now...dinner anyone?

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Jlynne, that's great news!  We felt very strongly that our baby should sleep in another room, but this is definitely a special case!  I would absolutely have him right next to my bed for awhile.

4.1 miles with my friend.  No improvement in how my runs are feeling, but I will keep trucking.  My sweet RP said she will make sure of that!

My SIL, 57, was diagnosed this week with a very rare type of tumor (chordoma) on her spine at her neck.  They found it accidentally when they were examining her for surgery after she shattered her elbow.  Average survival time is 7 years.  We're all in shock - she's the eldest of 5 siblings (DH was second).  A very strong, wonderful lady.  The only chordoma treatment center is in Boston, where she lives!  She's only a couple of hours away, so I will go down in February when she has her two-day surgery (they have to remove the tumor one day and rebuild her spine the next).  She'll have 5 weeks of radiation before and after the surgery.  The hospital stay will be two weeks.  Her three boys are all in their 20s, and one lives at home.  Her husband is useless (I'm not being critical, it's just a fact and he would be the first to admit it!) - I'm hoping he can pull himself together and surprise all of us.

So appreciate every day with your families!  Life is precious.

Welcome TinaZ !!

A nice tempo run for me as I start on my quest for some speed leading up to my 8k. 

3.5 miles in 30 minutes  for a 8:40 overall pace.10 minutes easy followed by a slow ramp up to 7:00 over 15 minutes then  a ramp down to  9:00 for the final 5 minutes or so.  I  will stretch this out every other Wed. , up to an hour  by the end of the year. Next  Wed. will be 400 intervals I am kinda excited about that also.

Good runs to everyone

Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

SteveP

.He looks great, though that's from a proud grandma's perspective!

Have a great day everyone.

We're fond of proud grandparnts around here.

Mary, there's craft show in Bear Lake in December. They also have two races that Saturday. You can display your work and bring home hardware for two events.

Sometimes I call my grandson's name (Noah) in a Bill Cosby voice.

Tina...I frown on silliness.

(((((Teresa's SIL)))))

Saturday is the anniversary of Tag's first race and I can't find his cape. Ugh.

SteveP

Mariposai

I am so sorry to hear about your sister in law teresa. Life is so fragil, isn't it. Situations like this reminds us to grab opportunities to celebrate life every time they come our way...one just never knows.

Lovely drive to work tonight. I followed the Columbia Rive all the way from my house to the Hospital, just lovely. I think I am almost ready for my presentation on Friday.  Today I got great hints from an expert on Power Point usage that I can't wait to implement.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

also want to shout out a THANK YOU to all our veterans and people currently serving our country with special thoughts going to those at Fort Hood........

i too thought Slo was at the pool in his "jammies"

Holly - thanks for asking about my son - he is definitely doing much better - working and looking good - hope it lasts and he keeps taking his meds and staying away from the drinking

welcome to our new members - TinaZ and t-bone

francesca - amazing!!  great time at your usual pace!!

((Teresa and family)) so hard - life is truly a precious gift - if i can do anything to help you out when you are in boston please give me a ring -- i'll send you my cell phone number

WRFB - great run in tough weather!!

Posai - glad you're back running and cooking!!  if you come east again PLEASE come to boston!!  still wishing i could have made it to NY when you were there!!

my left ankle is a little cranky still from sunday and from the ridiculously busy night we had at work last night but i felt great getting out for a little run tonight while dinner was in the oven - nothing as fancy as posai's but it was nice to come home and have it mostly ready.

3.5 miles in 344:43 - with my avg pace 10:09/1st mile 9:54 2nd mile/9:46 last 1.5 miles - didnt really look at my Garmin much except when i knew i was approaching mile markers and wanted to press the lap button

i have a ? for Garmin users ----- if i set my garmin to beep every mile when i download it will it automatically show my mile splits or do i still have to press the lap button each mile?

denise