Masters Running

Wednesday 4/3/19 (Read 45 times)

Mariposai

Tamster, 10 minutes is better than none.

Nice run Twocat.

RunnerKSA, my DH is also an introvert, much like your DH. He has enjoyed his retirement tremendously. I am too because it is magnificent to see him so relaxed and making daily life happen as it come. Now,my social butterfly wings would go crazy without the constant contact with people and activities. It is a good thing that I  have about 6 more years before I retire so I can craft a solid plan of post retirement plan, just that my DH had before he retired.

For me, today I was up by 4am due to menopause issues. I opted to get up and start working from home, which was a good decision since I was able to finally finish a report that I have been procrastinating. Then off to the office where I enjoyed hours of deep connection with those in need for affordable housing aka front desk duty (I sent the front end staff to a much needed training on motivational interviewing) thus leaving me to be the front clerk for the day. I really enjoyed being in the mud and now I have a few potential grant opportunities we can pursue to bring help to those in need because of my front desk duty.  A great day and empowering day I may say.

After work, I was gifted with 5 miles. Knee behaved, for which I am happy.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

TammyinGP

10 miles Mariposai 

Tammy

evanflein

Yeah, I'm really glad there's people out there like Mariposai who love their jobs and feel an over-riding sense of purpose in what they do. Sort of balances out those of us who are burned out and just hanging on.

Blustery cold wind out there today, as predicted. So I just ran 5.5 on the treadmill while I had some chicken on "time bake" in the oven on the convection bake setting. Ended up perfectly, so that's a success. Only 99.7 miles behind the pace bunny. I'll take care of that rabbit this summer.