Masters Running

12/26 Happy Day After Christmas - Runs And Such (Read 376 times)

Marathon Maniac #3309

Here at work on this Friday, when I imagine a lot of folk don't have to work today...but just one day, then the weekend will be here. My new foot doctor told me to come back and see him, when my AT has been pain free for at least 5 days, which it has. Wish me luck today, with some hopefully good news Smile I imagine I am at least a couple of weeks away from running / jogging, but still have the broken toes issue to deal with too. Erika, I forgot to mention...I loved the picture you posted the other day when you were a youngster, very very cute! Hope all that were / are sick, get better real soon! TGIF, and have a great day. T Bo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Good morning Tim. Hoping you get some positive news! I ran 7 miles this morning in unseasonably warm temps. Took it easy and ran the 7 miles in 1:05. Didn't have any desire to push it so just cruised. Enjoy all those after-Xmas sales and return lines everyone! Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

The Jogger

Morning Tim and Bill Sounds like things are heading in the right direction Tim, Bil nice way to start Boxing Day. I'm still not running, the ankle is on the mend so might try out my inov-8's tomorrow as the weight is piling on. Good Runs All Roy
          Good luck, Tim. Broken bones in the feet can take forever to heal. It's going to be 50 deg. today. No tights! Yay! Good runs all. Tim C.

"I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead..." J. Buffett There are two rules in life: 1.) Don't sweat the small stuff 2.) It's ALL small stuff

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Nice hearing from you Roy! GL Tim! Nice 7 Byll I got up early again on this day off to beat the traffic and have the roads alone, car free. So out the door at 4:30 for a nice hilly 14 miles in 1:52:53 (8:03 pace AHR 156). This is a hugh PR for this hilly route, mainly due to really attacking the hills. It was a nice clear 35F. Just perfect! Enjoy the day and hope you don't have to return stuff Smile

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Morning! Tim – good luck! You should ask Perch to e-mail you his plan for return to running after injury. It’s a good plan, and eases you back with run/walk intervals. RunninginDC/Liz – those interview questions you were talking about….do you think you could e-mail them to me at hollys4874 at yahoo dot come? 7.75 sluggish miles for me today in a pleasant 28 degrees. All that fueling yesterday, and yet I just felt stiff and tired today…maybe from 8+ hours standing in the kitchen cooking and then cleaning up. I think maybe standing uses different muscles than running. DH is still pretty sick today, and I’m still keeping my fingers crossed that I don’t get it. The kids and I are off now to take Daisy for her shots and maybe to exchange some Hannah Montana pajamas for a bigger size if the lines aren’t too long…DD is growing fast…

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

5 miles tempo in my new Sugo running skirt. 44:53, 8:58 pace. I didn't set out for a tempo run particularly, but I felt a little speedy, and just a bit cold at the start so I wanted to get moving. We've got the day off, so I'll be catching up on some stuff around the house, and might just go to the fabric store to investigate a new project. That is guaranteed me-time, as no one around here can bear the thought of going into JoAnn Fabric with me. Have a great day everyone, especially those of you in healing-mode.

aka Mrs. WillRunForBeer, MD, USA

Marathoning, the triumph of desire over reason

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Happy Boxing Day to you, Roy (and Mrs. Roy, Woody, and all our Canadian friends) Good to see you back again. Guess I missed the ankle injury. Glad to hear you're almost back. Out for a late Friday run on a gorgeous, brisk day. 20 degrees but bright blue sky and sun. Everything melted enough yesterday that the sidewalks and roads were almost completely clear. 5.2 miles in just over 47 minutes. The first half must have been better than I thought, because it sure didn't feel like 9 minute miles on the last stretch. Smile Tim--I think you have the true spirit of Christmas in you and are nice enough to share. Holly--hope you stay healthy, since the universal truth is that moms don't get sick days, even when they are Wink Have a great day and great runs, wherever they may be. Kevin

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Hill Runner

Good morning, Just a short nothing run for me this morning...get the blood pumping a little. 4.05 miles of hills @ 8:47 pace this morning... 44F and overcast, another nice morning to run. Enjoy the gift today.

Upcoming Races:

Boston Marathon, Boston,MA 04/15/13
                    Grandfather Mountain Marathon,Boone NC 07/14/13
                    Thunder Road Marathon, Charlotte NC 11/13

6 miles with T...8:47 pace... Good Cruisin' Bill Great 14 Perch... Nice to see you Roy...hope you had a Merry Christmas... I got Wii Fit for Christmas...I'm learning yoga poses with it...
                      Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
                      anachrotech

Sounds good Tim. Another in a series of 2 mile runs today. Another pair of new shoes - Asics Foundation. I don't think today was a good day to try out the shoes though. Too much of everything yesterday made for a difficult run anyway. These shoes seem better for me than the Brooks. I'll have another go tomorrow. If these shoes don't work then I'll consider going back to the Gel Evolution - bursitis be d@mned. Good runs all.

Marathon Maniac #3309

Thanks Holly, but Twocat Emailed me his in depth recovery plan from his serious bout with AT also. But would love to see Steve's plan as well if he wants to Email it to me. biketm42 at webtv dot net Nice runs today already Smile T Bo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Good morning everyone! I got to sleep in until 6:20 this morning -- bliss. I almost went back to sleep but quick calculation told me I'd already slept more than 8 hours and that I was burning daylight! Smile (Well the sun didn't rise until 7:27 this morning, but you get the idea). I tried my hand at running by feel again, and again went a bit too fast. Sigh. I was shooting for 8:20-8:30/mi and ended up maybe 15-20 seconds faster than that. It's all good though. I just need more practice. Actually I didn't spend much time thinking about pace at all -- I just ran -- at least I didn't end up 20 seconds slower than it felt. 10.2 miles, 1:22:47, 8:07/mi, AHR 150 It seems I broke 7000 miles lifetime with this run today. I've been pretty lucky to avoid any longterm injuries so far (knock woody).

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

It seems I broke 7000 miles lifetime with this run today. I've been pretty lucky to avoid any longterm injuries so far (knock woody).
                              Very nice....congrats!
                              Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                              Henrun

4 fast miles with Marj (who kept doing hill repeats while I plodded along). Day off tomorrow while we have our family Hannukah party (postponed from last Saturday's snowstorm). 21 more miles to hit 1300 this year.