Masters Running

April 2022 Masters' Miles (Read 26 times)

an amazing likeness

Welcome to the April 2022 monthly summary.  Here is the link to the March 2022 summary in which people ran, cycled, walked, racewalked and swam during the winds and weather of late winter and the coming spring.

Here in the upper right of the map the great greening of spring is underway as the high sun and longer days chase the frost out of the ground. Runs are a tour of spring activity...snowblowers idling being run out of gas in prep for storage, brown Christmas trees pulled from out back to the roadside to join piles of winter brush cleanup waiting to be hauled to the dump, covers coming off boats in anticipation of getting out to the moorings before Memorial Day...by late April the magnolia trees are hinting at their stunning show to come in May as buds start opening into white, pink & yellow bursts against the deep green of the background while at ground level daffodils emerge along fence posts as the nightly temps stay just enough above freezing to not kill them off.

Apparently down in Massachusetts they had a little event mid-April as bunch of people didn't realize they can just take the 'T' from Hopkinton to downtown and decided to run it...

Time to account for your masterly run, cycled, swum, walked, strolled or skipped April miles!

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

TammyinGP

Thank you Milktruck for the new monthly thread and the achievements compilation from March. As always, a great thread to read and participate in.

For April I had 138.8 miles and completed my 2nd 50K with a 2nd AG and a 2nd OA female award.

Tammy

pfriese

Thanks milktruck.

April running: 200.5 miles

I thought about stopping at 199 miles for the prime, but I really like crossing that 200 mile for the month threshold.

I also had 2 races in April:

Remember the Ten 5K - 23:51 2AG

Oklahoma City Memorial Half Marathon - 1:54:01 4AG

Paul

wildchild

Carolyn

Thanks, Milktruck!  I love your description of springtime!

I met all 3 of my monthly goals in April:

prime number, 157 miles

new-to-me trail:  Ridley Creek State Park in PA

at least a half marathon distance: 4 times, easy when you're training for and running a 50k!

First 50k of the year on April 30th at Cheyenne Mountain State Park.  Not speedy, but fun!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

Thanks for your keen observations, Milktruck.

April:

35 running miles

12.9 fitness walking

"Anytime you see the word "inflation" in the news, replace it with "record-breaking corporate profits" and you'll get what's happening."

47 run/walk miles - well that was disappointing

Thanks Andy!!

denise

Quickadder

Work got in the way until Tax Day and then DW wanted me to catch up with some of the honey-do list I'd been putting off.

41 miles.

Started running at age 60.

AG 60-64 PR - 5K 25:45, 10K 53:28, HM 1:57:39, Marathon 4:32:09

AG 65-69 PR - 5K 26:11, HM 2:02:39, Marathon 5:04:47

Upcoming race: Four on the 4th 7/4/24 maybe.

evanflein

Thanks, Milktruck! No running yet for me, and I've actually cut out walking (as exercise) because it aggravates my hip. BUT, I did do:

209.8 miles on the stationary bike

6 hours: 13 minutes strength training

SteveP

Thank you Milktruck.

124 miles

SteveP

coastwalker

Thanks for another most-excellent thread start, Milktruck.

I walked 124 miles in April (just like Steve). I hope to start gearing back up in May, but time will tell.

Thanks,

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Well, everyone wants to be like Steve

another 99 calculated FTHA miles for the two of us.

thanks, MT!

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Tramps

Thanks again, milktruck!

65.7 running miles

356 cycling miles

That's my second biggest month of cycling miles in my short cycling career.

Be safe. Be kind.

Joe618

Great intro and poetic description of early Spring, MT!  Thank you!!!      We are about 3 weeks late on spring temps here in Indiana, which means the corn and soybeans are late getting planted and that triggers stress all around. 

I ran a non-prime 153 miles for the month, which I was encouraged about. 

I ran 4 races on two weekends.

Carmel Marathon, (April 9) 4:54:32, 6 of 10 M65-69.    Disappointing and it settled the matter that I best plan on taking the T from Hopkinton to Boston next time I'm in Massachusetts, as I won't be running a certain, well-known route there.     

Green Street Mile (April 29), 8:14, 3 of 7, M60-69.   Unusual race...straightaway mile on a long, straight street in Urbana, Illinois.   Ran as hard as I absolutely could and was breathless at the end, yet could not get under 8 minutes.    A hard dose of reality...but reality it is.

Illinois 5K  (April 29) 28:49, 7 of 34 M65-69.    One hour after one-mile race.   Ran comfortably and enjoyed wearing my Purdue shirt to finish at the 50 yard line of U of Illinois stadium. 

Illinois Half Marathon (April 30)  2:14:47 12 of 25 M65-69.   Very windy out on the prairie, with rain added on from mile 11 to finish.   My sense of pace and enjoyment was like a roller coaster during the event.   Afterwards, looked at my splits and they were dead even.   I had targeted a 2:15 and met it.   Instructive moment to not listen to the emotional variability of the moment. 

No races in May, but a 50 mile event looms large on June 4. 

Thanks!!

Joe

________

I have nothing particularly clever or profound to add as a tag to each message...I just like to run.   

20.9 including a 3 mile long run.

moebo

Thanks, Milktruck!

107 running miles for me in April. Another prime!

Still no races, though.