Masters Running

Saturday, 30 May Runs, etc. (Read 382 times)

Morning!

Looks like a beautiful day out.....we've been pretty overcast all week.

Found this blog of Jeff's in the racing forum:

The Logic of Long Distance

Interesting reading from a thoughtful, and fast, runner.

7.5-8.5 for me today, later. 5k trail race tomorrow.

Good runs to you all.

Walt

Renee the dog

Morning Walt and everyone to come later!

4.5 mi this morning without Renee. Up to the boardwalk and back.  Heading down to the ocean in a few minutes to do a 5 min swim (it just turned 60º F in Atlantic City part of the ocean yesterday!!!).  I am waiting until there's guard coverage 'cause well, I almost drowned myself once in really cold water, so I'm trying to remember that  life lesson.  

Though in thinking about it, the temp was probably way less than 60ºF as it was Easter in the Poconos in a spring fed lake.  So this should be a walk in the park. LOL

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Marathon Maniac #957

Good morning!

Nono - 60 degrees?  Yikes!

16 mile wave run for me today, with miles 3, 5, 7, 9 and 11 at 8:42, 8:06, 8:10, 8:11, 8:39 (target paces were 8:45 and 8:15).  I was going to stop at 14, but threw in a couple extra because I made a cheesecake last night and expect to be eating too much of it today. 

Taper time….

Good luck to the weekend racers!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Awesome runs Walt, Nono and Holly.  Holly, are you tapering for another marathon??? 

5.9 on a beautiful foggy 59 degree morning in Southern TN. This weather is too good to be true for this time of year.

I could have and should have gone further,

but I'm still feeling the effects of the 10K race on Monday and wanted to save up some energy to 

attack some more shrubs today.

Nono - I can't even get in up to my waist in the Nags Head water in July!  And I grew up in New

England, swimming in Maine waters.  Funny how we change...

Happy Saturday!!!

Helen

Hill Runner

Nice running this morning all

10.12 miles of hills @ 8:52 pace. I've got some yard work & chores but after that I'm jumping in the pool....75-80F water temps...perfect!

Enjoy a sunny weekend

Upcoming Races:

Boston Marathon, Boston,MA 04/15/13
            Grandfather Mountain Marathon,Boone NC 07/14/13
            Thunder Road Marathon, Charlotte NC 11/13

Walt thanks for that article hook up,  I love that  type of deep thinking reading 

Holly you are running great right now 

Slept in a little this morning,  it felt soo goood  

5 miles around the neighborhood in 9:05 pace w/DW  

Marathon training continues tomorrow with a very hilly 12.8 miles planned forecast is 52F & sunny        

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Our HS conference track meet today is at the high school closest to our house, even closer than OUR school!  So I went to watch DS and his team run the 4x800 at 9 am.  The conference record was 8:11.  His team was hoping to break 8:00.  I didn't think they could do it, but they did, in 7:58!  And their fastest boy didn't even set a PR.  DS ran his leg in 2:00, a PR.  The other boys did 1:57, 2:00, and 2:01.  So they broke the conference record and their school record.  Now he can unwind at home for awhile.  His 3200 is at 3:30 this afternoon.  He will be racing the boy with the fastest time in the state right now.

Now I need to get my act together and go for a run!

Tramps

Nice running, folks.

Walt--good luck tomorrow!

Stay afloat, Nono!

Holly-nice wave run (I luv cheesecake.)

Teresa--congrats on DS's race!

As with fussy and others, it was IRC weather today.  About 70F but much drier after a front moved through overnight.  I did 8.6 hilly miles and felt good.  I'll go long tomorrow but will do a flatter course so I don't overdo it.

Have a good weekend!

Be safe. Be kind.

SteveP

Thanks for getting us started Walt.

Have fun Nono. The Atlantic side is sweet. Brisk, but sweet.

The dog and I put in 3.08 miles today.

SteveP

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

0300-0420

Walked with Mamaruns, her shift for the Relay for Life was from 0200-0400.  The high school is only 2 miles from home, so I went and walked her second hour with her. 

Relay for Life is a cancer research fundraiser.  Luminaries honoring loved ones lit the track.  It was beautiful and sad and hopeful.

"Anytime you see the word "inflation" in the news, replace it with "record-breaking corporate profits" and you'll get what's happening."

Mariposai

Paced a friend on her first 5k run this morning. The goal was to sub 30. We finished at 29:43. Proud of this friend who is taking up running and already racing her first K, with only 3 months of running.
                        Total miles for Ultrapoise: 5 miles, nice and easy.

go racers gooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holly, you are going to nail your first ultra. Is that next week???

Got to start running in the middle of the day to start preparing for the Seattle Rock and Rock...

Rock on king

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Marathon Maniac #957

Holly, are you tapering for another marathon??? 

Next weekend I have a 50K trail race.  (yep, Ultraposie, it's next Saturday)  I signed up for it last month on a whim when I ran across news of it on a local running site.  I've played it very low-key here because I've never run a trail race, let alone a 50K, and if I find that finishing it might endanger my running the Seattle R&R marathon 3 weeks later, I might cut it short at 23.7 miles.  (meaning, if I trip over too many tree roots and do too many crash landings) I have asked for and received some good advice from some of our ultra/trail runners, and the folks I talked to seemed confident that I will not have a problem with this.  I am both excited and nervous. 

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Our HS conference track meet today is at the high school closest to our house, even closer than OUR school!  So I went to watch DS and his team run the 4x800 at 9 am.  The conference record was 8:11.  His team was hoping to break 8:00.  I didn't think they could do it, but they did, in 7:58!  And their fastest boy didn't even set a PR.  DS ran his leg in 2:00, a PR.  The other boys did 1:57, 2:00, and 2:01.  So they broke the conference record and their school record.  Now he can unwind at home for awhile.  His 3200 is at 3:30 this afternoon.  He will be racing the boy with the fastest time in the state right now.

Now I need to get my act together and go for a run!

Tell DS congrats on the record .

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

munchkn883

Great 10 mile walk this morning.  No pain...just a little twinging right now. 

Beginner all over again

I keep going out 3 days a week.

My Log shows my graph's climbing so I may declare a 30% cutback next 2 or 3 runs "just in case" for no shin/calf injury.

Did Jog 40sec, walk 60 seconds, which is an increase for me.

Did this routine 2 days ago with HR in 160s

Today, in the higher 130s.

So I learned to keep on jogging without going out so hard I suppose.

Believe it or not that 16 mpm pace is Fast-fast-fast for This Beginner

Type: Jog 40sec /Walk
                                Distance: 2.89 miles
                                Duration: 47:38.83
                                Pace: 16:30 / mile

Happy Running !