Masters Running

New Years Eve and New Shoes..............ohboyohboy (Read 35 times)

gott'em

h

haven't bought New Shoes in 10-years........Hoka Bondi-5's

=========

soooooooo

3-30 min HH on Greenway this week

AND

5-40-min PoolRuns

............Wishing You all a Happy New Years

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

..it was Worth The Wait.....

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

We runners are easily amused, aren't we?  Happy New Years to you and all that follow. And enjoy those shoes,TW, you've earned them.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Henrun

Went out for my morning walk and saw hordes of runners beginning Boston Marathon training. The season has begun!

TW-wear those shoes well. I also bought new shoes yesterday although I haven't really started running yet. TheNew Balance outlet has a  big sale. I couldn't resist.

Happy New Year all !

Wow - what a coincidence! I'm also headed out to buy new shoes today. DH bought me a couple of books for Christmas (one the third in a series about Eleanore Roosevelt - very excited) and told me to go get some new running gear as part of my gift. You don't have to twist my arm! I've been wearing the Saucony Triumph's but didn't like the changes they made to the last model, but the NEW models are out so I'm thinking I may have to give them another chance. It's been great running outside the last week - temps around 19° and mostly clear streets. After reading Erika's post yesterday about running in 12 inches, I won't complain any more.

Trying to catch up after a week of family/guests. We also saw Manchester By the Sea. As most have mentioned, a really dark movie but the acting was phenomenal  and I hope Casey Affleck wins the Academy Award. Today we're going to see Fences with Denzel Washington.  It looks good, but another heavy movie...

6 miles this morning, thinking about some changes (I don't like the word resolution - it makes me feel bad if I don't stay with them) I'd like to make for next year. DS#2, who suffers with depression and I had a good talk last night. He wants to start running and get in better shape. Pretty excited about that, and I offered to sponsor his first pair of running shoes

Starr - good luck with Lon's appointment. Tom - enjoy those new Hokas! Hi Kevin! Hi Henry!

Hoping to make it until at least 11:00 tonight so I can watch the ball "drop" in NYC. Happy New Year my good virtual friends!

Happy New Year Tom, Stumpy, Henrun , Jlynne and all that follow. Wishing everyone an injury free and PR filled 2017!

Easy 5 for me this frosty end to the year, totaled 1380 this year.

Be safe and run happy!

Clark

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Congratulations on the new shoes tw!  They look pretty cool.

I just got back from the high school cross country alumni run.  I think we had 17 runners, there, this year. It was a whole lot of fun.  After the run, we always go out to breakfast...nobody wanted to leave.  I love watching all the kids get back together and talk about the "old times"...some of them just graduated last year.

Okay--gotta go--see ya!

coastwalker

Hi everyone.

Good luck with the new shoes, TW, Henrun, and Jlynne - a great way to start the new year! And Jlynne, good for you for sponsoring DS#2's running shoes.

Good runs & walks, TW, Henrun, Jlynne and Clark.

Cool CC alum reunion, Mike!

I walked 5.2 mi. this morning, and even mixed in just a little very easy running. We'll see how that worked. I have to go another 5+ today to reach a milestone for the year, and haven't decided if I will or not. We also have a 5K tomorrow that I am doing with my BIL and niece. I haven't decided if I will walk, run, or a little of both. I won't be competitive either way, but it'll still be fun.

Happy, healthy, injury-free New Year to you all!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

mrrun

Have a happy, healthy New Year everyone - posters and lurkers in new shoes and old!

Ran 5 this morning, one way, so took T home and into the wind.  Jlynne - As much as I enjoyed volume 3, I think  vols 1 &2 were more interesting, but that could have been because I also read the new book about Eleanor & Hick.

Marj

tomwhiteJlynne and Dave59  congratulations on the new shoes.

Jlynne there is some evidence that running helps people overcome depression. I hope it is true and works for your DS.

runr_nut amen to that!

Mike E I hope they leave in time for school next semester!

coastwalker just be careful about those hamstrings!

Holly S. if anyone deserves a bonus at your office, it sure seems like you do! I hope you get it.

enkephalin your legs deserve to be tired.

pfriese no rule against running in the wind. So long as there was no rain you are in the clear. 

evanflein that is a lot of snow. Ugh! Glad it is not here in CT. We got lucky, the snow line was north and east of us. Those poor souls got dumped on!

StarrRuns that is a lot of TV you have lined up there! Have fun binge watching

Last night my DW and I had dinner with some friends in NYC. The husband's daughter's boyfriend is the Chef de cuisine there. The restaurant has been a huge success, on some lists it is a top 20 restaurant in NYC. It was very good. After dinner we got a mini tour of the kitchen. Very neat to see. Of course, that also meant we got home really late. By the time I woke up, my plan to run with the local Joggers Club was dead and gone. So I went off for 7 miles on my own. DW and her friend ran 6. Then my DW kept me company while I went out to get my bib for next week's initial race (10k) in the Boston Buildup race series that is held across the towns in my area. The races start at 10k and then go to 15k, 20k, 25k and end with a 30k. I also picked up my t-shirt. Each year the shirts come with some funny saying. Last year was "It has to be better. Right?" That was in response to the brutal weather during the prior season's races. This year it is "Make winter great!" Guy running the series has a pretty good sense of humor.

Happy new year everyone!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

TammyinGP

nice new shoes! nothing like the feeling of new cushy runs to put a little sproink in your step.

Got in a run this morning. 4 miles at a local trail system with a friend, then another 1.2 with the dogs when I got home.  That gives me a whopping 372 for the year. pathetic. 

time to find my 2017 running journal and get ready to use it starting tomorrow. Tomorrow might be a snow run though if the forecasters are right.

not much planned for tonight. going over to my neighbors for a New York New Years Eve gathering. which means it's over at 9:00 pm. lol. that's the NY twist to it since none of us want to stay awake til midnight.  

Happy New Years!

Tammy

Is there some sort of New Year / New Shoes tradition in this group that I didn't know about? Nice shoes, TW!! Let us know how they work for you.

No major workout for me today, but we did drive out to pick up my bib for tomorrow's 5K and ate lunch at a nearby popular Mexican place (we're counting it as our New Year's Eve dinner out). And we did manage to get in a long, brisk walk when we got back home.

Like I said, I'm not getting new shoes, but I did have to buy a new printer today and will probably have to buy a new GPS for the car if our previous one doesn't turn up within a couple of weeks (long story).

Here's hoping that 2017 will be less rocky for all...

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

Marathon Maniac #957

Howdy folks!

Nice shoes!

Erika - that is a lot of snow!

Twocat - on my way out yesterday, the boss gave me an envelope with $300 in it.  Not huge, but still welcome!

High winds today gave me a reason to wimp out on my LR.  I decided to go tomorrow instead, so today was just 6 easy-paced miles.

Nothing going on here tonight.  I was planning on watching a movie with DH, but after receiving another "you are a terrible mother" lecture over issues with DD, I will head upstairs and watch something on my own.  Another failure for me for 2016.  This year has been a struggle in many ways, but I still have many blessings to count, so I need to focus on them.

On to 2017!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

C-R

Nice shoes. My wife now says that my son and I are shoe obsessed. We have officially taken over the mud room.

Got me one of these. Hope it helps with the shoe smells from mine and sons.

Hang in there Holly. I watched the tension with my SIL and MIL when she was in HS. They are as close as can be now.

I finally figured out my running rhythm to stay off DL. Glad to see 2016 in the rear view mirror and get back at it in '17.

Happy and Safe New Year everyone.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

evanflein

Ha, Jlynne, there's no way I ran in 12+" of snow! We got that much, but I went out only after the graders had cleared our roads. Still a little soft and rough in spots, but runnable.

{{Holly}} sorry you are still dealing with his outbursts like that. I was so hoping he learned how bad that is for your soul.

tomwhite, I hope you like those shoes. I was going to look into the Hoka cushion shoes that Aamos wore during Green Bay. My feet were so beat up after that and hers were fine, so I was interested. Can't remember the model name though.

Nice to see C-R stop by!

I got in 5.2 miles this afternoon. We had so much drifting last night from the high winds, our driveway was full of drifts and birch branches. I wasn't going to test my luck so just did the treadmill. After all night and morning with no power outage, we had one power blip when I was about half way through. Pretty sure I was right around 2.8 miles when it hit, so just needed another 2.4 miles. I actually go by time, and that equates to 45 minutes. Gets me to just over 185 miles for the month, the most since June.