Masters Running

Saturday May 23 Holiday Weekend Runs (Read 408 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Morning!

7.35 easy paced miles (ave 9:55) for me today.  Legs felt very stiff and tired, and I was SO glad that today is not LR day.  Hopefully I will find some sproink for that tomorrow.

Time for some serious house-cleaning this morning, followed by DD’s end-of-season soccer party, then off to the waterpark on its opening day.  Putting on a swim suit and going out in public - yikes!  I talked DH into the Saturday night church service, so I won’t have to get up at 3:33 am tomorrow to get my 20-miler in.  (yay!)

Good luck to the racers!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Hill Runner

Good morning Holly,

Great weather here this morning.

10.17 miles of hills @ 8:53 pace. Our community Dam project is nearly completed and I ran across the dirt this morning ...the pavement isn't finished yet. This was the first time in months that I've been able to go across it...Things are getting back to normal. 

Good luck to all the racers this weekend and good running everyone.

Upcoming Races:

Boston Marathon, Boston,MA 04/15/13
      Grandfather Mountain Marathon,Boone NC 07/14/13
      Thunder Road Marathon, Charlotte NC 11/13

Great runs Holly and Peter.

Feeling a bit groggy but about to sit down with the Saturday paper and a pot of coffee. That should help Very Happy

Very easy day planned...and even a nap so I get my sleep today ahead of tomorrow's marathon. 4;30 wake up call tomorrow.

Also have to get all my gear stuff together, chip on shoe, bibs, supplies, gel, body glide, etc.....after run stuff. non stop.

Good luck to all racers.
        Tall

Recent Best times: None recently

Slo

Morning People,

Nice Runs.....Good Luck Tall !

A very sucky run fro me last night. Planned on a 20 min tempo.....I took off for my warm up and just felt like I had bricks on my feet and huffin and puffin like I was on the final yd's of a 5k. I know that hammering the bike for 24 hard @ss miles the night before (with 9 miles of running that morning) had nothing to do with it.....at 2.3 miles I stopped, looked at the route in front of me and debated with myself.

I won......I took off...a 7:11 pace.....lasted 10 mins......overall I trudged thru 8 miles of one of the most crappy runs I ever had.......just because.....it was for the mental game. The body had nothing to gain. I just had to show who's who when it came to the boss.

This moring a very nice recovery run. 3.8 miles at a crusie pace of 8:27.........nice.

Wishing everyone a GREAT Memorial day weekend. To those fallin in our defense......a moment of silence.

busiman

Running out of mistakes!

Good morning all,

Tall - Good luck tomorrow, you're set to have a great race!

I hope all the boomers enjoy their race this weekend.

Taper is done for me and time to drive up to Vermont and kick it in gear tomorrow.  Wouldn't you know, the perfect weather forecast took away my last excuse for not going all out :-P

Enjoy!

-2009 running goals - sub-3 after Boston (probably VCM), 3 PRs, 2009 miles for the year, and no untreated injuries
            also on Twitter

Renee the dog

Busiman, Tall & Bill,

Best wishes for fantastic races this weekend!

Up at 5:30 to get Renee and I out before the crowds and do our 2 little recovery-paced miles. Easy enough, then woke the fam, and headed off island  by 7 a.m. for a quick trip to Lowes & Walmart.  We had breakfast at a bagel and coffee shop.  Got back, and cleaned the home theater carpet.    All done by 9:59 a.m. That's my kind of morning.

Now to open my to-do list for today!  I sure hope we get a little beach time in today, 'cause the rest of the weekend doesn't look so good.

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Weather has changed for Ottawa (where do these weather people go to get accredited!) ...heat and humidity on the rise significantly.

7am weather will be 59F already compared to the mid 40's.Ugh....it could be a sauna out there...fingers crossed for a change...

Tall starting to overthink...

Recent Best times: None recently

King of PhotoShop

Good luck to Tall and Busiman.  Frank it's good you are getting that nap.  You had me concerned you were coming down with something the other day and that is not good news.  But you are a tough one and should have a good day.

Just when I thought my back felt a bit better, I yawned in the middle of the night and you know how when you yawn your back muscles all flex?  It was just enought to give me a jabbing pain and send me back to where I was on Thursday.  So another rest day for me.  I had hoped to do 5 today for a 40 mile week, but will settle for 35.  Spareribs

Tramps

Just a quick pop in to say good luck to all the weekend racers...Byll..Tall...Busiman!  

5 miles of treadmill "hills" yesterday

5 miles of easy running today.

(Hmmm...things look different around here.)

Be safe. Be kind.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

13th day in a row of running for me.  I'm enjoying it.  This morning was just 3.0 miles at 11:07 pace.  Over 25 miles for the week - first time in a few months.

Good luck to those of you racing this weekened!  I may do a 5k on Monday with a friend, more for the charity than the racing aspect.  It's in Scarborough, Maine, close to the water and fairly flat. 

munchkn883

Six walking miles with no pain!!  Now if I can just make it through the rest of the day without pain.
                          Good morning all. 10.5 miles 2:03:25 along ways off my best 83 min and change.  But with only 125 miles or so for the year you cannot expect much right.  Moved some top soil for the wife this morning, for garden, after I got back from the back roads of Genesys hospital, the dirt roads are some much easier on my knees.  I am heading to Sam's Club and will hopefully have most of my Econ paper done by this evening.  Run long Run fast
                          wildchild

Carolyn

I found a great new trail last night!  What a treat!  I was running in a state park that's about halfway home from work, still down in the flatlands but right up against the mountains. I've only run there maybe 5 times and I'm still learning the park.  I was running on a dirt road and tried a side trail off into the woods, and found a lovely single track dirt path along the creek.  The leaves are all out so it was wonderful and woodsy and green, and the creek is running high because of all the snowmelt so it bubbled along noisily.  I ran a sproinky 5 miles at avg 10:10 pace. Gotta love these flat trails!

I found a camera on the trail that I thought might belong to a group of people on horseback I'd just passed going the other way, so I turned around and tried to catch them, but no luck. Either I run way slower than horses walk, or they turned down a different trail.   But it did make my running faster!  I rolled my right ankle at about mile 3 but it felt OK to keep running, so I did, and the last two miles were the fastest, at 10:01 each.  I ended up leaving the camera with the entrance station guard. 

I iced my ankle last night and it's not swollen at all but it's kinda sore this morning so I might have to take a day off.

Good luck to the mighty racers this weekend!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

evanflein

Hang in there, Tall and don't overstress it. Get that nap.

Last day of high school soccer today. At yesterday's game, DS1 got a goal! Not a usual thing for a center-defense player... It was pretty exciting. He said he just saw the opportunity, didn't have a clear pass to anyone on his team (not a good thing) and was able to follow the ball all the way up. Coach said, "whatever works" and they won 8 to 0. Poor team from the airforce base. They really didn't stand a chance. Today is final game against cross town rival. We'd love to win, but would be delighted with a tie, or at least not too wide a spread.

Got a text from Bill this morning. 3:58 final time, which he's happy with but not the BQ he'd been hoping for. Sort of ran out of gas after 18 miles or so. I'll let him tell the full story...

Yard and garden work on tap for today. Probably won't get anything planted till next weekend though.

I like the new look -- I wonder if I'll ever need a ∑ for any of my posts?

5.1 miles, 46:26, 9:04/mi, AHR 140 (72% MHR)

Too bad Bill didn't BQ, but hopefully he had fun in any case.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com