Masters Running

Saturday Daily - Run for fun (Read 643 times)

Slo

Walt......Congrats on the PR and Sub 19.....and that's well under 19:00 !

Next week will be my first attempt at a new 5K PR.......It'll also be my last 5K in this age bracket.  My 3 sisters, brother and 2 bro-in-laws will all be running too.

CNY......hows the road rash healing?

love the rhymes Vista and Tom!

Bill, nice run inspite of h/h.

Wannabe - {{{{{{healing hugs to DS}}}}}}}}} .  I know what you mean about no running club nearby.  It's usually just me and my ipod.

Nono - glad the achilles is better.  How cool is it to just " run to the beach."

Slo - that' s my kind of run in H and H!

Tetsujin - great picture.  Love to examine everyone's arches.  What's with barefoot Ted though....did he have you wash his feet before the pix?

Sarge - your job around the hood beat by 10K race time by 3 minutes!

CNY and Walt - WTG on your wins!  Awesome times.

I did the Alabama A&M 10K this morning.  Never had done it before, as I WORK there and know about the hills.  But, it was FREE, so I decided to give it a try.  Well, I have obviously not acclimated myself to this new heat and humidity and it was a shocker to find  that we had to run up the steepest hill TWICE.  Run would be a euphamism for what most of us did.  My time was dismal; 1:03:50 but, I ended up w/ a $20 gift certificate for Fleet feet as I was the only one in my AG!

Nice, poetic start, vista.  Also, neat Burma Shave responses, tomw.

wannabe, that was a cute picture you posted of your daughter the other day.  Unfortunately, the one you posted of your son was not cute.  That had to be a terrible experience for him and you.  I'm glad it's no worse than it is.  Walt, your latest table is a beauty, and it's big.  Tall, it's great to hear from you and that you've done some intervals.  Good job on the racing for CNY (with son and almost sub 20), Walt (PR and sub 19), and fussy (AG win).

Nice long run for breger.

This morning, it was in the low to mid 70s, with a light wind and some humidity.  My legs felt dead from the start and my breathing was harder than usual but it didn't get worse as I continued.  I got in 8 miles, including a couple of hills I usually avoid, in enough under 1:21 for a 10:06 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

I look my best blurry!

Ok I got my notepad out while I read everyone's post.  Here goes!

Sarge-maybe I'll make the trip someday.  I'll bring dreamless along if he behaves.

I like the bare feet.  Going to the beach in 3 weeks and I am going to give it another try!

Wowsa  CNY and Walt!  I hope to be chasing you soon. 

Slo-Hand - Good luck next week.  Interested to hear your race week training plan.

fussyrunner - Thanks for all those hugs!! I'll gladly pass them along.  

Tom - are you CRAZY in real life or just RA life?

mta - I ran 6 miles and felt pretty darn good.  Sleep does wonders!

He is getting more colorful.  A smile only a mother could love!  He is laughing and making jokes now.  His sister still can't bear to look at him though.  

Renee the dog

His sister still can't bear to look at him though.  

My prediction is your girls won't be marrying boxers, then.

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Foot still sore...

But wait! There's more

Ran a 10K race

At a pretty good pace

8:50 miles

Made me finish with smiles

A new PR for me

I'm as happy as can be

This is a race that's really nice

Now, I'm off to find some ice.....

Slo

Wannabe.......No race week plans......Just run. I might do some intervals early in the week just to blow out some cob webs. I haven't been training specifically for a 5K but feel that my fitness is about as high as it ever has been.

I will train specifically for a 5K PR late this fall

What I can tell you for sure is that next Saturday I will take myself into the deepest darkest depths of my soul and I will endure the pain like I have never before...........personal reasons.......which I may or may not share here some day.......just not now.

And speaking of pain.......I've had my nose broke so many times.....everytime I see your sons picture I have flashbacks.

Kimmie

Ran an easy 4 miles in the massive heat.  Well, I don't know if you can call it easy, since it was 95 degrees, but glad I got something in, regardless.

Long runs will have to move to Sundays from now on, since swim team has started for my girls.  I don't like missing seeing them swimming.

We have time trials this morning and I was a timer.  I love to see the little ones swim.  My youngest is 6 years old.... they're all cutie pies.

Looks like some good running going on here. although I confess that I have to go back and read some more....

Have a good one all!

Way to go JLynne! nice racing and now go baby that foot so you can keep at it.

fussyrunner...nothing dismal at all about your race and a prize is a prize the way I see it. Well done!

Blazin' Walt! You deserve your own Atta Boy line since you would have had half a table or at least a stool finished by the time I hit the finish tape. Congrats on the sub 19:00 by far!

Slo---thanks for asking about the road rash. Scabs all gone and just very raw but new skin on my elbows. All fine and I even ran down the pothole road that spanked me and made it fine. Hope the journey to the depths next week won't be too painful and you get the result you want. Dig!

Anybody catch the NCAA T&F Championships? Great, great finish in the women's mile relay by Oregon.

Lots of great performances throughout the event.

Way too many races, PR's sub-this sub-that, AG awards, prizes, and HILLS to keep straight in my pea sized brain.  Congratulations to all of you!!  (I did complete an EVIL level sudoku yesterday, a personal PR, but I guess that is not running related, unless it is crosstraining for late race math).

4 miles, about 62F, gorgeous sunshine, much less humidity than earlier in the week and I was feeling better too (cold almost gone) so the run was really enjoyable.  No iPOD.  I think I'm onto something.  I bought a new fanny pack which doesn't bounce around and is just the right size for my stuff, further adding to my running contentment.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Marathon Maniac #957

Fly by post as I get the house ready for dinner guests.

Tet – those are some fine-looking runners feet!

Wannabee - ouch!  your poor DS!

14 easy-paced (ave 10:21) miles for me today in 75° and 97%.  It was pushing it to go this far, my legs were pretty tired for the last few miles, but we’re having friends over for dinner tonight and going to a concert afterward, so there will be some extra eating and drinking involved, and I wanted to burn some extra calories.

My MIL is visiting from California for a week, so I’ve been busy this week doing extra housecleaning.  I love her to pieces, and she certainly wouldn’t care about dust, but she’s never seen our house and we wanted her first look to be seeing it at its best. 

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Breger1 said "Dark Eyes Natasha pulled my along to a few 8:20's"

Enke said in response "Pulled your what along?  Sorry, couldn't resist."

Enke, me thinks you've been watching that Swiss Stability Ball video too much.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Wannabe - OUCH!  I missed the post that described what happened, but from the bits and pieces I've put together it has something to do w/ boxing and a trampoline????

Holly - dinner guests, MIL, and you did 14 miles??? And this is the day after your ultra?  Are you superwoman or what?  Guess that's why you weigh 114 and I don't.

Sweet 14 Holly. You are amazing.

Raining really hard now and perfect for some World Cup watching and then switched over to track. Fell asleep to it last night and just watched the Men's 400 meter hurdles---gorgeous form on some of them and SteveP!!!

Click this link! Some shoes for your next race----note the name on the heel.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v285/jbrebels/batman2.jpg

I think Shawn "Batman" Jackson needs to loan you some kicks!

Super Granny is napping next to me on the couch, if I didn't have to go fetch the kiddo from a b-day party, I would do the same....

Yeah! Enke....good running.