Masters Running

Sunday August 16 Master Runs and Workouts ... (Read 423 times)

dg.

I really feel like part of the group because I also started out this morning feeling like carp.  Wink   Was waiting for it to go away but can't really say it did.   well, & then I had salmon for lunch.(really).  sounds fishy to me.  68F to start, 94% H, 78F to finish.   plan was 13 miles, 7 @ base pace, rest 6 progression to HM pace.  I sort of did that.  13.15 miles, 10:12 was average, -- not including breaks & water stops.  9:07 max. 166 ahr, 179 max.  My base pace doesn't line up with my shorter distance paces.  meant to do them at about 10:34.  I am really bad at targeting paces.  Miles were 10:36, 10:18, 10:11, 10:13, 10:34, 10:19, 10:14, 10:01, 10:13, 9:57, 10:09, 9:50, 9:44. fwiw.    Way fewer stops than last week, but not stellar.  I was kind of discouraged out there today.

Holly, can I borrow your shoutouts?      heh, while we're at it, can I borrow your run???  

Great comeback run, Tramps. I thought that your earlier posted runs were a little sluggish, but you seem to have found your form again.

Slo- take it easy on yourself-I think you're in fine shape.

13.1 "tempo" or "negative progression" miles this morning at the NYC 1/2 marathon-it was too hot for me to try anything faster (I did do the first 4 miles at a little under 7 m/m, but quickly realized that today was not the day for that)...1:37:35, 7:26/mile.

Before and after the race, I got to meet up with CNY runner...who is not only swift-of-foot, but very nice, to boot. She also had a good run, despite the heat (I'll let he do her own RR)....It's nice to meet cyber-buddies.

Now to resume the lotus position in front of the air conditioner.

Walt

Tramps great run!

Surprise party update:  Total success!  DW did not have a clue! 

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Well, that was awful. 

Actually it didn't go so bad at all, though I was definitely NOT looking forward to part 2 of the double LR.  Once the golf was over I decided "now or never".  I had already held off on having my normal Sunday brewskys.  AND everyone else had BLT's and I wanted to wait til after.  AND (last but not least) it was hawt at 85° and 59%.  AND I hate running late.

Ughhh.

But after feeling understandably tight the first few miles I finished off 7 miles in 1:05 in a groove at a pretty fair average clip (9:16).

21 miles total for the day in a total of 3:13.

Running a double to make the 21 miles was definitely easier than 21 all at once.  I certainly didn't feel that dead, hanging on last few miles that some of those 20 milers feel like.

Still don't like running late ...

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

17 miles on Sunday morning.  Started at Green Lake, Seattle's crowded runner/walker mecca. Headed down to the Burke-Gilman trail, a railes-to-trails conversion for 14 miles along Lake Washington.  Beautiful day, good run. Despite an ice bath, I'm a little stiff this morning.