Masters Running

Hey - It's Monday and I Can Still Walk! (Read 504 times)

Jlynne

Good morning Masters. Not a lot of time to post this morning, but I just wanted to congratulate a lot of you for your great race yesterday! Ribs (you rock, sir!), Slo, Bill and all of you who BQ'd ran so well. When I look at my time - 4:58:08 and think that y'all were an hour ahead of me, well I can only say I wish I could run like that. And Nono - your PW? Please! On virtually NO training? I think you did great.

Already thinking about how I could do this better the next time.Smile Have a great day everyone.

Jlynne, I am soooo happy to read this post.  YOU are the one who rawked this course.  To run a sub-5 hour Marathon on your first, with the training you were able to put into this is absolutely incredible!

It was a pleasure to meet you, if ever so briefly.  Very.Well.Done.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

PBJ

Marathon Iowa 2014

Quote from Spareribs:

3:58:36 chip time, a BQ.  My gun time was 4:02Tight lippedx.  I could have kept going at the finish; it went so well.

Yes!  The Saint and Long-Suffering will be commiserating in Boston!  (As will their not-so-better halfs).

So yesterday, Long-Suffering and I went on a road trip to Portland, Maine.  We left the kids at home for the longest time yet.  But PBJster #1 is 15, so we didn't expect any problems.  We got back home at around 4 pm, and all was well, except our dog Sophie had torn up half the backyard and caught a mole.  Great.  After a nice shower, I sat in my comfy chair to read my paper, and bang, fell asleep.  Had to be woken up for dinner at 5:30.  I fell asleep with a can of soda in my hand.  It never spilled.

Anyways, after 3 hours of working on company financial results last night, for some reason I slept through my alarm.  Didn't get up until 4am!  Only time for spinning this morning.  I'm such a slacker.

wildchild

Carolyn

But Joe, you didn't even tell us about your marathon yesterday!  C'mon!  You maniac!

Yay for Jeanne and all the other TCM finishers yesterday!  Now where are some pictures? And race reports?

It's really smoky here today - there's a wildfire on the other side of the divide so it's not a threat to us, but close enough for lots of smoke.  Yuck.  Don't know if it'll be clear enough for a run today or not.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Hey PBJ....get right back here young man! That's not much of a report on your marathon this weekend! I take it all went well in Portland? I could go look at the results, but do tell!

Rock on JLynne! You ran wonderfully well and it wasn't so long ago that you weren't sure about even running TCM at all. 

Peppy feeling 7.5 mile for me on a windy and grey Monday morning---about 8:00 pace and pushd the hills a bit. Wore gloves, but still in shorts for the time being.

Good day all and congratulations again to all the racers this weekend----I think we had all time zones covered by RA superstar masters!

Marathon Maniac #957

Wow!  A great running weekend, for sure!  Congratulations to all the racers!

No run for me today, instead I did the 43-minute Jackie Warner Power Circuit video.  When you take a couple weeks off the weight-training, you can definitely feel it.

Lots to do here, so off to work I go...

Happy Monday!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

King of PhotoShop

Jlynne, congrats to you on your first, and I just want to add that any time I read that someone is thinking about how they can do better next time, I know I am seeing a real marathoner.  What a job you did.

Congrats also to dg, who persevered through that course even though she was not prepared to race.  Very gutsy performance.

As for the adorable NoNo, I saw your post.  The battle is on.

Still smarting over losing to Breger!  He probably bored the competition to death.

Forgot to mention yesterday that at the 25 mile mark some guy was yelling and cheering "Go runners!"  I thought, "I know that voice." Sure enough, it was Al Franken.

Joey, thanks for the nice send-off and well wishes to us all the other day.

And PBJ, we don't care that you fell asleep with a soda can or that the dog caught a mole.  Tell us about the race!

I'm just about to go to the airport and fly out of Minn.  I will go for a walk with Lucy and then stretch this afternoon.  Spareribs

Yay Jlynne!   As an infrequent poster, I wasn't aware that this was your first!  You are now my official mentor as I have signed up for my first which will be in December.  And I am just hoping to finish, let alone do a sub 5 hour.  WTG!!!

Ojo

Already thinking about how I could do this better the next time.Smile

Congratulations on your first marathon!  I love how you are already thinking of another!

Sara

MM #2929

Mariposai

What a stellar racing weekend we have had in RAland.

From what I remember our stars were>>>>>(sorry if I forget anyone)

Jlynne, you so rock! Congrats on your first marathon! I am glad to read today that you are already thinking of the next one. That is the way to go!!!

Dg, you too darling. You finished your second marathon with very little training as well!

EGH3, 5 miler, 20th OA and 12th in AG.

Bregercito! way to go with that 3:56, is that a BQ for you?

Ojo, 4:13:56 at the Wineglass marathon with a 24 minutes PR

Blazing Cajun, 10K- a PR race by 6:54 minutes

The Saint- not sure of her time, but she ran her 10 miler much faster than expected.

Nono, 4:55 with very little training as well .

Francesca, 1AG in the Salmon Days 5k.

Enkephalin, 5k Salmon Days.

Tetsujin, 5k Salmon Days

WildChild, 5k- 1 AG with the last mile at 8:40 pace!

GreginND, a great finish at TCM.

Divechief, I have yet to hear how he did!

Aamos and Dan, also a great race for them.

PBJ ?????

SpareRibs, with a magnificent come back post heart surgery and a BQ!!!!!!! Speechless!

For me yesterday, 10 hilly miles. Today 4 easy recovery miles. 

Have a great one folks!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Jlynne... Congratulations you Marathoner!!  And what a great weekend for your first!  I like the thoughts about the next one already!

PBJ....typical

and Slo IS Fast

55° and a stiff breeze from the north. Walked the dogs for 2 miles and broke 13 min pace (12:55).
                        Then 5 miles in 42:14 (8:27, AHR 146)  (mid 8's and mid 140's is a sweet combo for me!)

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

PBJ

Marathon Iowa 2014

Oh, okay.  Let's keep it Mane minimalistic:

1:39 half, 3:18 whole.  75th place.  Bonked at mile 22.  Felt good until then.  Nice weather and course.

Best spectator quote - Big guy in a beach chair cheering the runners - "Go" with no inflection whatsoever.

You gotta love the down easters.

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

PBJ... are you a robot... another perfectly even split marathon!  WTG!! (chanting: sub 3 for #4)

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

CONGRATS, big enormous ones, to Jlynne and the entire crew.  It was a spectacular weekend!

The funniest sign I saw all weekend was.....0k, first I have to explain something. 

The TC Marathon folks put out a spectator's guide and in it is this section:

Favorite Cheers

Clap, shout, and show your support for participants—it’s always welcome. Save the

“You’re almost there!” cheer until the very end—a few miles is still a long way for someone

who has been running for hours. Here are some favorites.

• Keep smiling!

• You’re looking awesome!

• Running smooth!

• You can do it!

• Way to wheel!, or run!

• One stride at a time!

• Way to focus!

• Stay relaxed!

• Keep it up!

• Welcome to St. Paul!

(when appropriate)

• Way to go!

• You rock!

• Call out something

unique about a runner

(bib #, the color or a logo

on their shirt)

So the sign read as follows:  Welcome to St. Paul (if appropriate).

still grinning,

A            (and I beat RibsJoking)

Masters 2000 miles
                              Jlynne

Just had to make a comment after I read Amos' post. There was a guy who ran next to me for a few miles wearing a  garbage bag (don't know how he did this as it was around the 15 mile mark). The crowd kept yelling "go garbage bag guy!" It made me smile. The crowd support at that race was just incredible.

OK Amos, what WAS your time?!