Masters Running

PR, albeit a small one! (Read 243 times)

Ran my 2nd Tom King 1/2 in Nashville today. I told myself last night that even though rain was predicted, it couldn't POSSIBLY be as bad as last year, when it poured, lightninged, and thundered. Roll eyes However, I neglected the other variable, the temperature. This year it was about 41 degrees as opposed to last year's 50 something. But this year, for whatever reason... better training, more experience, who knows? I made it in 2:18:03, as compared to last year's 2:22. So I'm feeling good. And more importantly I FELT good the entire race...Ok, my legs were numb after mile 9, but once I entered the Titans stadium I was able to put on a burst and show off for my only onlookers, my DD and SIL. If I knew how to post a picture on this site, I would as my SIL got one of me on the jumbotron, crossing the finish line. Big grin
      wooooohoooo nice job Helen!! congrats on a great race and a 4 minute PR is a GREAT PR!!Big grin

denise

fussy, any PR is good and four minutes is a significant PR. It sounds like you enjoyed the experience which is great. Maybe you could get some help in posting that picture. Congratulations. TomS

Marathon Maniac #957

Congratulations on your PR! And in less than ideal conditions, too! I'd love to see the photo. To post a photo, I upload my photo to flickr.com, then right click on the picture, copy and past the "properties" into a post, putting brackets on each side of it that read [img] and [/img], but instead of using the [ ] type of bracket, use the <> brackets.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

King of PhotoShop

Four minutes is significant at that distance. Never sell yourself short. We're all happy for you. Nice going. Spareribs
              OK now you can drop fussy from your name you're just a runner Big grin Great finish & on the JUMBOTRON Cool I've finished races in stadiums several times & it is awesome! Congrats

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

huskydon

Congratulations! Great running! I read the title and was thinking a few seconds, but wow! a four minute PR, you should be very pleased and proud. Like the others have said, you are making very good progress. I am happy that you could get a picture of you crossing the finish line - I hope you can share it with us sometime.

Renee the dog

To PR with numb legs by that much impresses the heck out of me! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Smile

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Hey Fussy--Nothing small about a 4 minute PR!! Also pretty neat to be on a Jumbotron on top of it.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

evanflein

Helen, that's great news, and I hope you figure out how to post a picture because we'd all love to see it! Congratulations on the PR, and remember, any PR is a good PR!
                      coastwalker

Hi FR, A burst of speed for the fans at the finish and a 4-minute PR are FANTASTIC! Congratulations on a greta race, despite the less-than-ideal weather, and numb legs at mile 9. Well done!! Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

PJH

Very nice race, fussyrunner! Very cool when races end in a stadium like that. Continued great running! PJ
                            Congratulations!! Nice PR in yucky weather. That must be a cool cool picture, we'd all love to see it.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

lswife

Congrats on a terrific run! And your picture on the jumbotron - can't get much cooler than that.
                                Picuture on a jumbo tron at a race! Wow I have never seen anything like that at a HM. Very cool. BTW, nice job on the PR too!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/