Masters Running

Happy Sunday Masters - A good day for runs, workouts, or what not (Read 291 times)

Marathon Maniac #3309

Good Morning Everyone (smiles) I let some Roadie Friends of mine talk me into Cycling 100 miles today from home (Indiana) to Greenville Oh and back....seems like I haven't done that forever. But should be a good day with some good friends (these dudes are fast too, so will be fun).... I already can feel my butt hurting, considering I don't ride much (ouch) Will check back in when I get back home this afternoon. Oh Yeah, 13 easy - hot and sweaty miles running yesterday at about 9:00 pace....felt good. Hope everyone has a Blessed Day Today, and also hope everyone had a good 4th yesterday. Karin, how did your 4 mile race go (maybe I better go back and see if you talked about it yesterday) So happy to see you running strong again Dear. Holly, hope your party wasn't a complete washout yesterday! TimBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Eegads Tim.  A nice 100 miler just for the heck of it?  You are amazing.

A nice and easy 3 mile recovery run this morning at 10:15 pace.  The legs were quite tired beforehand (probably from the swimming on Friday) and feel great now.  Recovery accomplished.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Marathon Maniac #957

Good Morning!

Be careful, Tim.  Try not to be a rocket.

Lots of party clean-up to do this morning, which will be followed by a trip to Waffle House, so I may not get out for a run.  Possibly I’ll go bike riding with DD later. 

We had a fabulous time last night with family and friends, in spite of the light rain all afternoon and evening.  We had maybe 18 kids among the partygoers, and the piñata was a hilarious event, with DH pulling the piñata up and down on the rope while blindfolded kids tried to find it with the bat.  All the kids got at least 2 whacks before it finally burst into a shower of candy.  We set up canopies and played cornhole in the driveway, had a balloon toss for the kids, and the fireworks were a huge success.  Feeling surprisingly good today, considering the late night and beer consumption.

Hope the rest of you had safe and fun festivities too!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

"older but not dead yet"

Ran 5 miles - every step of the way. Felt like I did when I was 5 years younger physically and 30 years ago mentally but reality is brutal and takes no prisoners!

So, I've decided to use the following Age/Weight Handicap Calculator: http://academic.udayton.edu/PaulVand...calculator.htm and lo and behold! I ran an adjusted 21 min. 5K (within my 5 mile run) at 61 yrs. of age and 230 lbs.

"Now that's what I'm talking about!" Like the good ole days when I could roll out of bed and run 7 min. miles all day long!

Have a wonderful day folks and a happy post birthday to all you 4th of July babies.

Alex (finally feeling good about my running)
          Seeking the interface between the cerebral and the visceral.

a trip to Waffle House, so I may not get out for a run.

Scattered, smothered, covered, chopped and topped? I'd be out-euphorically-for a week. They don't have no stinkin' Waffle Houses up this way. Prbably a good thing.

Got in form B'klyn last night, and woke this morning to IRC's.....it was in the high fifties when I started. 10.3 easy miles in an hour and half...It's nice to get back on the rural roads up my way.  Walt.

dg.

'morning!

quick post, on my way out the door but i've gotten out of the habit of morning posting & I don't like that.

Holly, glad it turned out so well!

Tim, wow.

Alex, that's great.

Byll, nice recovery.  thought about you this morning... only 73F & 60%H here & I still thought it was hot.

morning Walt.

10.02 miles, 10:31 average pace, (Nono... that is my tpl for today's run.  funny how that works out)  9:18 max.  164 ahr, 178 max.

the end.

:-)

Slo

A trip to the waffle house would definitly take me off the road......at least for a couple of hours !

I got in 16.29 miles at an 8:17 pace.  Legs felt remarkably strong. A nice stretch afterwards and I feel like I could do it again.....but I won't be trying to find out !

Trying to get all my chores knocked out so I can spend the rest of the loungeing !

Happy runs all !

Henrun

went out for short reservoir runs this morning

Alex, that age grading is suspiciously low henrun ran a 3:37 and I ran a 3:47. he did that in his 40's and I in my dreams

have wonderful runs and remainder of the hollyday everyone! marj

Greetings!

Holly, the party sounded perfect---fun, family and friends---wonderful! Alex, you made me grin---a big confidence booster for sure and Marj and Henrun cracked me up too. There's a weekly race series around here that posts the age graded results and the crowd gets bigger each week (crowd of masters and seniors that is). Love it. Nice biking Tim or I hope it will be. Good on ya! The 4 mile race yesterday went well.

Today's run instructions included: "Run the first part holding back the pace---to the point that you are frustrated and want to call and yell at me (Coach), relax, quiet torso, arms back and forth--not across your body K, look ahead and think about form and don't look at your watch. Once you get to 10-12 miles pick it up slightly----don't worry about splits, this is a run by feel long run and I want you to feel as if you can run for miles and miles--- light on your feet, don't slouch, shoulders down. If you have music make sure it's at least 160 bpms in this last part. Do not run for more than 3 hours."

Phew! lots to think about about there.  What a gorgeous day----I did as instructed and ran 20.5 miles at 8:42 pace (2:58)---consumed one sleeve of Clifshot blocks, 20oz. of very berry Nuun water and I felt really good the whole way.

Came home and made the kiddo spray my legs with the garden hose...AAAAAhhh. Then a Goldilocks moment as I had steel cut oats going in the rice cooker on the porridge setting to be all ready at the end of my run. Just right! chocolate milk, oatmeal and blueberries and on with the day.

Hi dg!

Hi tselbs! Just because you are so good to mention others and there you are each day---covering good miles and doing well.

Holly, Waffle Houses are one of the things I like about traveling through Ohio. Where do they get those waitresses from?

Good run this morning, Deb. Nice conditions, weren't they?

Tim, I'll be biking to Greenville next weekend, but the one that's in Michigan (probably one in every Midwestern state).

I did a similar path-trail loop this morning to the one I did a week or so ago, but 10 degrees cooler and much less humidity. It showed, too, as I felt really strong and averaged 9:18 for the 6.4-mile total (about half asphalt, half rolling two-track trail). Good thing I sprayed down, too, as the sunny, weedy glades had a fresh crop of flying insects to help me keep my pace up.

I could get hooked on this trail running that I've been doing more of lately...

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

wildchild, nice picture on Fri.  Yesterday, the positive thoughts were appreciated, especially those SLO posted from his tri buddy and that ribs posted from Lou Gehrig.  CNY, nice job in your 4 mile race. 

Nice long runs for breger, buehrle, holly, fatozzig, bike, dg, SLO, and CNY.

This morning, it was in the high 50s and calm but with humidity.  I did 5 miles in about 48 minutes for a 9:37 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

Renee the dog

Up with the birds at 5 a.m.  Ran 2 with Renee, then changed to trail shoes and did 5 more mi on the beach.  Found a dead stingray.  First time I ever saw that. 

We have a full house this weekend, so once I got back, I've been busy 'till now.  Just deciding between nap and the beach. Used to be I could combine those, but with little kids, I'm always on lifeguard duty. 

Have a great Sunday, all!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

wildchild

Carolyn

I think I'm getting used to the humidity here in NJ - my runs are getting easier. Another 5.6 miles around Moorestown, mostly on the woods trail. Heading home early tomorrow morning - looking forward to the cool dry air, but not the altitude!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Another Jersey girl checking in - not as permanent a Jersey girl as nono, nor as temporary as wildchild, but I am haning out here in the Garden State until Wednesday this time.

Was so sorry to not have internet access yesterday.  Really wanted to wish everyone a happy 4th and to especially thank SLO & Ribs for the inspirational words.  (I can read the boards on the iPhone, but still haven't figured out how to post from it and the library was closed for the holiday.)  I had the carpiest of runs yesterday.  I kept telling myself that one carpy run wasn't the end of the world, but reading those posts helped me to put it in a better perspective. 

Got up and out by 6:15 this morning and my run was much more pleasant, too.    Didn't have to dodge quite so many clueless tourists on bikes on the boardwalk and it wasn't nearly as hot.  Hit the bay for a nice 1-1/4 hour paddle, watching a sailboat race during most of it.

Time now to post this weekend's runs, check out email, and head home for a little R&R on the porch.  Have a good week, everyone.

Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

CNYrunner with my memory I would be lucky to make it to the first mile before I forgot all the instructions beyond go easy the first, err, the first, the first, . . . how many miles was that?  Then do what? 

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/