Masters Running

Friday 12/15 Daily (Read 40 times)

Since coastwalker picked the door number 3 option of not including my treadmill run from yesterday in the roundup I figured I would take advantage of the dateline and start the daily before he (or you or anyone else that typically posts in the daily) was living through Friday. I did 7 miles on the TM this morning. As mrrun suggested, the pollution levels are so high they are encouraging people to spend as little time outside as possible.

I have been pretty tied up at a conference here in Beijing. I have been reading the daily, but my internet service is limited and posting with my cell is doubly difficult here. I am doing this post on my laptop before the morning sessions start. Today I head home as tetsujin209 noted. I leave at 5:00pm today (Friday) and arrive at 5:40pm on Friday.  With a bit of hustle I could get in two runs for the day!

deez4boyz I sure hope things work out for your DS. You are such a wonderful person, there is no justice in your going through this.

stumpy77 your DW and mine could have a stress out party! Mine is terrific at it too.  Boy do I wish it were otherwise.

Holly S. congratulations to your DD!

tetsujin209 your post made me think of a variant of Green Eggs and Ham.  I will not run in minus ten. I will not run in plus 110. I will not run here or there. I will not run anywhere!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

metalmancpa

Well since it's 12:20AM I can honestly say I haven't run yet today. Yesterday I decided not to run just because. I'll go to bed now and worry about running when I wake up in 5 hours.

Twocat - Sounds like my asthma wouldn't enjoy Beijing.

coastwalker

Mornin' Twocat, Metalmancpa and everyone still to come online.

I sure can't touch these two for early/late/far away postings! I hope Metalman slept well, and for more than 5 hours.

Thursday’s workouts:
        Twocat (7 TM miles, wherever he is/was, and whatever day he is on)
        RunnerKSA (2.1 tired TM morning miles + 3 post work TM miles)
        Tramps (4.5 miles)
        Stumpy (3.1 lake loop miles in 23° temps)
        Jlynne (30 TM minutes at the Y + 1 hr on the elliptical + weights)
        Quickadder (5AM run with DD in mid-40s temps - 7.8 miles at 10:14 pace)
        Holly (4.5 TM miles)
        Tomwhite (40 min X-bike)
        C-R (early run in 45° temps)
        Wildchild (3 round-the-block miles in new snow and screw shoes)
        Surly Bill (20K at 8:02 pace on the Bay trail in mid 60s temps)
        Falconfixer (7 post-work miles at 8:15 pace)
        Deeze (5.1 miles with the morning crew)
        Evanflein (5.2 miles in colder/better footing)

My first and last comment on health insurance is that it has been broken since long before the ACA, and the insurance companies are as much (if not more) to blame as the providers, and Congress hasn't and has no idea about how to fix it. DW and I are on Medicare, so it is a easier/cheaper - until it comes to shoe shopping... OK - done.

Fatozig, I hope your foot issue is short-term, and I’m very glad that you are backing off till you figure it out.

I got out at J o'clock for 6.2 RW miles in refreshing 12° temps, with just a sliver of the moon still rising in the east. I continued the technique improvements that I started working on yesterday, and felt very fluid this morning. I have to keep working on this stuff till I can get it into my muscle and mental (there's the problem) memory.

Have a greta Friday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Tramps

No run today but I did notice this for all you WaWa fans.

Be safe. Be kind.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

I got out at J o'clock for 6.2 RW miles in refreshing 12° temps, with just a sliver of the moon still rising in the east. I continued the technique improvements that I started working on yesterday, and felt very fluid this morning. I have to keep working on this stuff till I can get it into my muscle and mental (there's the problem) memory.

Have a greta Friday!

Jay

Somehow, fluid and 12° do not seem to go together.

I managed to get my clock an hour fast yet again.  Not sure how--either I'm losing it or someone in the house is screwing with me.  Anyway, by the time I realized I was up at running time, it was too late to.  Oh well, got to work early agian.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

C-R

Isn't it Saturday over there Twocat. Sorry about the AQ. I realize we have environmental issues to tend here in the US but compared to some other locations in the world we are light years ahead.

Nice work Jay. technique is so important in RW and regular running. I learned that the hard way.

Early 3.2 this morning for me. I may do a double today.

Kiddo comes back from first semester of college today. Will be good to have her home for a bit.

Cheers and good luck all you crazy winter racers this weekend.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

WaWa is my happy place!  None in Tennessee, but I'm in PA and Florida often enough to get my fix.  I asked my son for a WaWa truck pez dispenser for Christmas, but not sure he will show up with it.

3.2 miles outside in the cold gloom, but it was good to be out in the fresh air.  Of course, if I so desire, I can have fresh air for my treadmill runs.  All I have to do is open the windows.   Not quite the same, somehow.     Taylor Swift on the iPod.

1.6 miles after work on the treadmill.  4.8 for the day.

Yesterday's legal work involved someone who eats dogs.  That's all I can say about that, except both my boss and I realized that whenever we think we've heard it all, we haven't......

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Yesterday's legal work involved someone who eats dogs.  That's all I can say about that, except both my boss and I realized that whenever we think we've heard it all, we haven't......

Not even going to comment on this! Ewww.....

Come home so you can breath again Twocat!

Have fun with your DD while she's home C-R

Thanks for your recap Jay. Nice RW this morning in "brisk" temps!

Well, we got another couple of inches of snow overnight. It was tricky going at 5:00 AM because the plows hadn't come through and it was hard to get traction and watch for slippery spots in the dark. 4.2 miles in 16° with a 10 mph wind out of the NW. Then some cross training with the shovel. Off to ring the bell for the Salvation Army for an hour or two.

Have a great Friday everyone!

Dave59

Hello folks. I have been distracted by a big software update I have to do this weekend so I haven't been around. My unconscious mind is so focused on the task that I am not to be trusted on any other activity. I am almost walking into walls around home.

But now I have almost all the prep work done and there isn't anything left to do but worry about everything that can go wrong. So I have time to check in here.

I have been squeezing in a few miles most days in my effort to get to 100 miles this month.  This morning was 4 miles in the park.

metalmancpa

I dropped the truck off for service. I ran 6.5 miles home, 8:48/mile pace. It was 12 degrees, but I dress accordingly and was actually quite comfortable after I warmed up in the first mile. The balaclava really helps the asthma. Me? Ninja?

TammyinGP

I think I might be needing one of those balaclava's for my early morning Sunday trail run. I think the plan is 13 or 14 mile at a place called Collings Mountain. Very near where leg 1 of the Wild Rogue Relay started for those in my van 1. 

just a very short 2.5 miles at the track last night. It was so bitterly cold - by my standards. The fog never lifted out of here yesterday, so despite being 50 and sunny in Medford, it was only 30 in Grants Pass, but that fog made it feel much colder. 

and no run tonight. Going to my bosses Hannukah party - which means he's serving up latke's, there'll be lotsa music (he's also a musician and has mostly musician friends that hang at his place) and of course, lotsa drinking at his parties too. 

Cheers!

Tammy

Tramps

Ninja selfie!

Great example of cultural relativity.  Dog/cat consumption is still common in some places. And, of course, most of us eat cows without hesitation but among Hindus in India...

Meant to say thanks for your empathetic health insurance horror stories yesterday. The collection was striking. It really is a remarkable mess, isn't it?  I've long been a single-payer advocate but that's a topic for another day.  I am not going to enter the "marketplace" today; it just makes no sense for me. We're still mulling 1) no insurance, 2) a healthshare alternative, or 3) COBRA, none of which requires a decision today.

Have a great weekend.

Be safe. Be kind.

^^^^ yeah, but not so much in middle Tennessee.  It's legal in Tennessee, though.  In 6 states it is not, as I now know.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Henrun

We’re spending a long weekend in Brooklyn Heights with Marj’s DB for Hanukkah. This very chilly morning (low 20’s) we went for a 2 mile run with the Manhattan skyline in our background. Hope to do the Brooklyn Bridge tomorrow. Lots of latkes and good libations this weekend and good family fun.

metalmancpa's got the Right Idea,

I've run with a balaclava for many years, and the air gets about 20-degrees warmer

=========

..bitter cold today........ankle was niggly so I moved it inside

20-min HeavyHands

and

40-min on x-bike with resistance

.............good Running to ya.......

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....