Masters Running

Sunday's Daily, 11.26.17 (Read 42 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Saturday’s workouts:
    RunnerKSA (6.8 flat path morning miles in 50° temps, with a cold)
    Quickadder (14.3 miles, including 5+ with the 6AM group, 5 with the 7AM group, and 4.3 solo)
    Falconfixer (8+ progressive miles with friends)
    Pfriese (11.9 morning miles with the Saturday group around the city reservoir)
    Catwhoorg (11 rolling hill miles +8X5 sets of park pull-ups.
    Bioguy (EZ 6 miles, fatigued for no particular reason)
    Tomwhite (60 min treks in temps in the 50s)
    Holly (15 miles in 46° temps on tired legs)
    Deeze (5.1 miles with the Sole Sisters, with some ketchup, and still some foot pain)
    Marj & Henrun (run/walks at 2 local state parks in mid-50s temps)
    Twocat (16 morning miles, not on a TM)
    Fatozzig (1 hr of morning core/ST, with agility ladder)
    Wildchild (16.5 morning trail miles, including 7.5 with a group)

C-R (sub-23 at the Footlocker Midwest)

StarrRuns (2.5 EZ miles in 63° temps)

Evanflein (7.1 TM miles with 3 Planet Money podcasts)

I’m impressed with how many of you (except Twocat ) do group runs. Must be tough to find the right group, but nice when you do.

Twocat, DW and I are like you and your DW when it comes to tossing stuff: DW rarely wants to toss anything - I’m not so reluctant. You sure have some interesting/different health issues. But as long as you stay healthy, it’s all good…

Welcome back, Starr. Sounds like you've been busy on all fronts.

-10 to -18 is bit chilly, Evanflein.

Our shopping yesterday was confined to our favorite dive for breakfast, Trader Joe’s, the local grocery store, and Ace Hardware (for some outdoor Christmas lights). I finally stained the 4th/last side of the new shed, and spent about 3.5 hours moving more leaves to the back of the property. I was jelly by the time I finished.

I didn't get out till 4:45 this morning, and went 13.8 RW miles in very windy but mild 46° temps. I did OK, given how tired my legs were at the end of the day yesterday, but I wasn't quick by any stretch 'o the imagination.

Have a greta Sunday! Be patient and safe if you are traveling today.

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

C-R

Morning Jay. Love me some Trader Joe's but its a pain to shop at ours (getting there, parking, ect.)

Ran 8.1 on trails thins morning in 28 degrees. No trips and falls today. It always amazes me how warmer it is in the trees as opposed to the roads. Very still and sunny this morning. Quite calming.

Well lots of house and regular work to do today.

Have a good one.

Cheers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Good long RW, Jay!

I love Trader Joe's, too, but they have been showing up a lot lately in my legal reporters with recalls on food items that have strange things in them- such as glass pieces.  Gives me a little pause and the frequency seems to have increased.

4.3 tired miles.  It was clear blue sky again.  It's been SO nice to not have gloomy weather.  A week ago I was on the Monkey course!   I ran by the new, massive Lifetime Athletic club that just opened not far from my house.  It would be a little tempting if I was a gym person.  It has a bar, office work areas, several pools and apparently, really great facilities all the way around.  It's also pretty expensive.  We have a good enough gym at work for what I need and my husband belongs to Prairie Life, which is nice and has a senior discount.  No such discount at the new Lifetime.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Henrun

TJ is not far from us. However, their quality seems to have detiorated,, IMHO. We tend to get only a few staples there. Fortunately we have a high quality fruit and veggie store nearby and a good supermarket.

Did a windy 3 miles on the Charles in shorts. Not bad for late November.

Quickadder

7.1 easy trail miles with DD this morning bringing me to my highest weekly mileage ever at 43 miles.

Our Saturday group is a purely informal set up. We have an e-mail list that our oldest member (75) maintains. Thursday morning he circulates any details he’s received  such as ‘Joe will start at 6.00 and plans 15’, ‘Jim and Pat are running a HM in Houston’, ‘Jenny and I will start at 7.00 and RW 5 miles’. Other members will add additional information or just turn up on the day.

There are several different groups locally, a couple of which are organized from local running stores. I tried two of the other groups before settling on my current group. One ran a 5K route at 11-14 minute per mile pace, the other 6+ miles at sub-8 pace (like falconfixer’s group!). The current group consists mainly of people looking to do long runs at around 9-11 minute pace.

Started running at age 60.

AG 60-64 PR - 5K 25:45, 10K 53:28, HM 1:57:39, Marathon 4:32:09

AG 65-69 PR - 5K 26:11, HM 2:02:39, Marathon 5:04:47

TammyinGP

I never did get a chance to run yesterday. my whole day just got away from me and I was too busy to squeeze in a run. Which is too bad, because it was dry and partly sunny. Today is a sloppy mess out there. but I'm below goal for the week right now so have to get in at least 5 miles at some point. if this rain doesn't let up by early afternoon (or even just light rain is fine), I may have to go to gym and run TM. It's pretty heavy rain right now and that's just no fun.

Tammy

Marathon Maniac #957

7.1 easy trail miles with DD this morning bringing me to my highest weekly mileage ever at 43 miles.

Sweet!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Marathon Maniac #957

(or even just light rain is fine)

I don't know about that, we may need Twocat to weigh in on the exact wording of the rule...

6 slow and easy miles for me today in a sunny 29 degrees.

Then I ventured near the mall area to get some errands done, and found it was not that busy today.

The boss announced that we are all to decorate our office doors in a door-decorating contest, with a prize going to the best door.  The theme is "Favorite Christmas Movies."   My first thought was, "When will I find the time?"    However, since my door is the only one readily visible to incoming clients, I should make an effort.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

bioguy

Hey all

8 miles of the Galloway variety- run/walk. Was tired yesterday and felt better today.

Lovely dinner in Baltimore at youngest daughter's house yesterday.

Today I have the back to work anxiety creeping in. I teach high school science and have a really full plate between number of different classes I teach (and thus have to prepare for) and one really miserable group of unpleasant 10th graders that make me consider leaving for a private school. Not the worst group I've ever had, but something about their group dynamic really grates on my nerves.

Tailwinds!

mrrun

It's pretty heavy rain right now and that's just no fun.

does that mean that tet is running in the rain?

evanflein

Seattle weather is 55° and rain/showers with wind picking up this afternoon. Tet should be happy as a clam at high tide. Smile

Bioguy, I don't have a group of toublesome 10th graders and I also have the "don't want to" feeling about going back to work. I love these extended weekends, but it always kind of puts a damper on Sunday to know what's coming next.

I wish we had a Trader Joe's here, or Whole Foods, but nope. We have Fred Meyer and Safeway. Oh I guess we have Walmart but I don't shop there. So, our choices are kind of limited. One of our fun things to do in Anchorage is go to Costco. How sad is that?

Another chilly day here. It's -15° in town now, maybe -5° here, but it's clear and sunny (well it will be when the sun is up) and looks like it's going to be a beautiful day. I need about 11 miles to hit my 40 mile goal for the week, just not sure where I want to run them. Getting very tired of the treadmill in the garage....

Seattle weather is 55° and rain/showers with wind picking up this afternoon. Tet should be happy as a clam at high tide. Smile

...and we know how Happy Clams can get.....

==========

50's here

......overdid it yesterday,

so dropped the extra 5-min per hour

60-min

................good Running to ya.....

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Rule is pretty clear, "No running in the rain!"© There is no "light rain" exception. Rain is rain. Play checkers or something.

No running for me today, an hour on the elliptical instead. I am hoping to get up early enough to go to the track tomorrow (likely will not happen) before I have to catch a train for a meeting in southern Manhattan. I have no idea why I let myself get talked into doing it. I am nearly 100% sure nothing will come of it and it will have all been a waste of time. Well there is optimism for you!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Marathon Maniac #957

Rule is pretty clear, "No running in the rain!"© There is no "light rain" exception. Rain is rain. Play checkers or something.

TammyinGP

I guess I like to live on the edge and be a rule breaker!   If TwoCat ever came out to visit me, I think I might force him to run in the light rain just so he can experience the joy. 

Tammy