Masters Running

Bayshore meet up ... (Read 682 times)

So who's in for an Italian dinner at "Auntie Pasta's" the night before the Bayshore Marathon - Friday night May 28?

Reply and let me know if you'd like to meet/eat and tell me how many people. Get your numbers in and I'll see about reservations.

I'll start out ... DW and I will have 6 of us. Who else?

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Dave59

Looks like a nice place.  I'm not running Bayshore, but I live just a few hours away.  Keep an eye out for a guy looking through the window, drooling. 

dg.

hey Bill....   I've been thinking about this.     Have not been sure I'd even make it there but now I think that I will.   I managed 4 yesterday, although it's backfiring a little today.   But I hope in 3 weeks I can at least shuffle through 6.

The restaurant 's online menu looks really good but more than I'd want.... I had been thinking about the pasta dinner which I did last year.   Depending on timing, I was considering doing that & then joining you at the restaurant depending on timing of course, for a glass of wine or something.      Well, I just called the restuarant.   They do offer soup & salad for dinner, which is what I'd wondered about.     But one problem...  even right now, they're only taking a reservation for a group at 3 in the afternoon, or at 7:30 in the evening (or later).    !!!    They'll take walkins but she said during the peak time it can be a 2 hour wait.   eek. 

I hope our all waiting to get back to you doesn''t end up keeping the Reger clan from going... I remember you really liked it last year.      The pasta dinner really was good, but not the same thing. 

I was wondering... any plans for after the race?   Anybody sticking around town for lunch or anything?  

Dave59, do you think you'll show up? 

SteveP you're still running, aren't you?   What are your plans?

Deb, dang ...

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Dave59

I doubt I'll be around.  It takes a few hours to get up there and I'll probably be cutting the lawn or babysitting the grand kid.  Plus, the next weekend is when I go to Deadwood, SD for my running event.  Tough to get away 2 weekends in a row right now.

dg.

Dave, too bad.   Yeah, I know about the few hours!

Byll, Sad.    Think you might go to Bayshore's pasta dinner?   I just booked my hotel.   omg.   There were basicallly 2 choices, (I'd forgotten it was also Memorial Day weekend)    & one had some of the worst reviews I've ever read!   So, for what I just signed up for I'd better save few pennies on my dinner.  

Are you going to TC by yourself, DG?

dg.

I am.    Are your DD's & families coming this year?   It will be fun to see the kids a year older.       maybe before the day you can remind me of everyone's name.... my memory is not what it used to be.   as far as I can remember.  (ha)
                    PM sent dg.

SteveP

SteveP you're still running, aren't you?   What are your plans?

I am registered for the full.. I may see if I can switch to the 1/2...I can finish the full, but I'm not sure if I can get done in 5 hours...A Co worker and her kids have trained for a 5K since last winter...I told her I'd run her first race with here...It's the Friday before the Bayshore....I think I can make dinner at Anti Pasta's...It's a nice place.

SteveP

Reservations at "Auntie Pastas" is all set. (Actually in "Zio's" within Auntie Pastas - more of a sports bar than a stuffy restaurant.)

Table for 12 or 13 at 6:00 PM on Friday May 28. Here's who I have so far:

Me 6
                        MS 1
                        dAAve 5

dg. Maybe 1, maybe stopping by late

Anyone else?  Let me know and I'll see about adjusting things.

Bill

--------------------

Traverse City Caterers & Restaurants - Auntie Pasta's Italian Cafe

www.auntiepastas-zios.com

cquaint yourself with Traverse City's BEST Italian restaurant. Auntie Pasta's Italian Cafe' and Zio's Pizza Pub have been voted by the readers of the Northern Express Magazine for several years in a row as having the "The Best Pasta in Traverse City!!"

dg.

Reservations at "Auntie Pastas" is all set. (Actually in "Zio's" within Auntie Pastas - more of a sports bar than a stuffy restaurant.)

Table for 12 or 13 at 6:00 PM on Friday May 28. Here's who I have so far:

Me 6
                          MS 1
                          dAAve 5

dg. Maybe 1, maybe stopping by late

Anyone else?  Let me know and I'll see about adjusting things.

Bill

--------------------

Traverse City Caterers & Restaurants - Auntie Pasta's Italian Cafe

www.auntiepastas-zios.com

cquaint yourself with Traverse City's BEST Italian restaurant. Auntie Pasta's Italian Cafe' and Zio's Pizza Pub have been voted by the readers of the Northern Express Magazine for several years in a row as having the "The Best Pasta in Traverse City!!"

thanks for the update bill!   glad you got one.   what about MarkGuy?  he's listed on Ilene's thread.  

SteveP

So who's in for an Italian dinner at "Auntie Pasta's" the night before the Bayshore Marathon - Friday night May 28?

If it's not too late, I'd like to get in on the action.

SteveP

dg.

well ok since everyone is going to be there, I will too.   Except, Bill, if it can't be adjusted Steve can have my spot.   He did say he wanted to & I was wishy washy.   

thought I'd ask again, any plans for later?   Not sure quite what my timing will be.

No problem, Steve, Dg, and MarkGuy.  Everyone who mentioned an interest anywhere (RA, KR, FB) is in.  I will call the restaurant later today and increase the number of people.

I'll update the numbers after that.

Bill