Masters Running

40/40 Thread for week ending 1/13 (Read 834 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

For those who don't know, this is the 40/40 thread, for those who are age 40 and over who run (or try to run) 40 mpw or more. Okay, here's what I have for last week's totals (week ending 1/6): Runwun - 88 -- Glad you found us – welcome. Rasmussenmp - 70 -- Nice 22-miler to top off the week Twocat - 59.2 -- Happy as a clam with his table (sorry Twocat – I’m lost with your table instructions). CNYrunner - 54.4 -- Got her Boston Marathon card – woohoo! Perch - 52.3 -- Nice way to start the year PJH - 50.8 -- Nice midweek tempo run. Holly - 49 -- With a nice midweek MLR. Ptsmantua - 46.5 -- Glad you found us, and that you’re feeling better. Evenflein - 45.8 -- Styling on her new treadmill. Breger - 45 -- Excellent 10k race and PR, fast guy! PeterNC 40.5 -- He’s back! Ho-hum is good, better than no-run. Way5yom - 32 -- Tapering and tired - you’ll do fine. Pfriese - 28.6 -- Taper time as well. Tramps - 26.5 -- First interval workout SirWalksalot - 22 -- Free pass this week, my fren..Smile If I missed anyone, or got the numbers wrong, just let me know. So, here's the plan for me this week: Mon: weights and abs Tues: 9.05 mile hill workout Wed: 7.2 miles w/10 x 100m striders Thurs: weights and abs Fri: 8 miles w/3@MP with CNYrunner Smile Sat: 7.2 miles Sun: 14.35 w/4@MP Total: 45.8 miles

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Thanks Holly! I sure hope your Friday 1/11 plans change... Smile Here's my plan for the week: 1/7 4 mile shakeout run weights and abs----4.2 miles at 9:15 pace 1/8 1 mile WU, 6 miles at MP 7:50-7:55, 1 mile warm-down 8 miles in 1:02/miles 2-7 at 7:38-7:50 pace 1/9 12 miles at 8:30 pace weights and abs 12 miles in 1:41 weights and abs 1/10 OFF 3 miles at 12 minute pace 1/11 6-8 miles? 8 magical miles with Holly 1/12 20 miles with last 4 miles as progression, 8:40, 8:20, 8:00, 7:40 weights and abs 20 miles in 2:54 with last 4 in progression mode weights and abs 1/13 8 mile recovery run at 9:00 minute pace 8 miles in 1:12.32 ---9 min. pace Total 58 another week down 63 miles CNYrunner

Marathon Maniac #957

Whoops! I meant to change that. Keep in mind that my MP is your recovery pace... Big grin

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

As always nice of you to do this Holly.
          DayPlanActualCommentary
          Monday1111.25Good fast paced hill run.
          Tuesday99.46Lactate threshold run if all goes well. It did!
          Wednesday1414.14Phenomenally beautiful day out today!
          Thursday55.23
          Friday00
          Saturday1818.88Another stunning day weather wise! Long run of the week DONE! Yea! Cool
          Sunday56.21
          Total6265.19

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

evanflein

First week of taper... so probably won't do 40 this week but here goes...
            DayPlanActualCommentary
            MondayXT Day15.1 miles60 minutes on stationary bike
            Tuesday5 miles5.1 milesMiles 3 and 4 @ MP (8:34)
            Wednesday6 miles0Rest Day popped up early!
            Thursday5 miles8.52 @ 9:05, 4 @ 8:34, 2.5 @ 8:49, plus core/weights
            FridayRest Day!4 milestook rest day Wed, so did Thurs run today... Confused
            Saturday6 miles7 miles1 @ 8:49, 4 @ 8:34, 1 @ 8:49, 1 @ 8:57, plus 30 min. weights (supersets)
            Sunday12 miles11.17 milesHuh, I said I'd do 12? Hmmm, did 11.17 with last 4.17 at MP
            Total running 35.77, first week of "taper" and next week will be much less...
            PJH

Actuals for the week ... building mileage with some speedwork
              DayPlanActualCommentary
              Monday8.09.1Easy pace - chest cold made it a little more difficult
              Tuesday9.09.9Ez pace @ 9:53 ... running in shorts!
              Wednesday9-100Head & chest cold put damper on running
              Thursday9.08.825 mins or3.2 mi tempo/lactate @7:59 ... felt really good
              Friday00Rest day
              Saturday15.015.7Ez pace @9:51 ... tough run, body was tired
              Sunday5.09.5Ez@9:50 ... nice run following Sat
              Total55.053.0Happy with the week considering the chest cold I've had
              Thanks Holly! Nice job! PJ
                Getting off to a slightly better start M---6.83, about an hour, slow run T---0 Wed---14, 2:17, Th---0 Fri--0 Sat--10.13, 1:23:00, tempo-ish run Sun--10.13, 1:24:00, booooooooo creepy same pace monster
                  Week beginning January 6, 2008 Week 0 of Pfitz (24 week/55 mpw) Schedule Mesocycle 4, Taper and Race Goal Race - Chevron Houston Marathon, January 13, 2008 Weeks to Goal Race - 1 E Pace - 9:26 - 11:12 (1-2 minutes slower than MP) LR pace - 8:26 - 9:12 (110%-120% of MP) MLR pace - 8:26 - 9:12 (110%-120% of MP) GA - 9:00 (Getting in the miles) MP - 7:40 (Based on current VDOT), revised 7:48 Tempo - 7:13 - 7:24 (15K - 1/2 Marathon pace), revised 7:30 VO2Max – 6:46 (5K race pace) Monday Rest – Complete, 5 Easy Recovery miles, legs still feel dead. Tuesday 6 Easy recovery miles – Complete, Rest. Wednesday Dress rehearsal 7 miles with 2 at MP – Thursday Rest – Friday 5 Recovery plus speed miles with 6X100 strides – Saturday 4 Easy recovery miles – Sunday Race 26.2 – Weekly Mileage Plan – 48 miles. Weekly Mileage Actual – This week’s goal – Race week, what else can I say. Weekly Summary –
                  pfriese

Holly, thanks for the 40/40 thread tallies and comments. Testing out this table stuff to stave off taper madness.
                    DayPlanActualCommentary
                    Monday5 miles5.6 milesNice and easy at 9:24/mile pace
                    Tuesday5 miles5.2 milesEZPZ @ 9:32/mile pace
                    Wednesdayrest dayrest day
                    Thursdayrest dayrest daytravel day to Florida
                    Fridayrest daylotsa walkingA little walking at WDW
                    Saturday13.1 miles13.1 milesWalt Disney World Half-Marathon
                    Sunday26.2 miles26.2 milesWalt Disney World Marathon
                    Total~50 miles50.1 milesShould be a Goofy week
                    Paul
                      By the way, this Table stuff is just standard HTML coding for Tables. It's weird, but it works. (Showing my "geekness" here ...) Blush I'm planning on getting in a 15 miler on Sunday, the longest run in a long while. But with the Miami HM coming up soon, I need to get the endurance back up.
                      DayPlanActualComments
                      MondayPlanned Rest Day0 milesDid it!
                      Tuesday11 miles easy10.75 miles easy (9:05)HR a little high from the 10K race
                      Wednesday7 miles with 4x800m intervals7 miles with 3 miles at tempo paceTempo miles at 7:47, 7:52, and 7:34. Last "cool down" mile at 8:09???? What happened there?
                      Thursday5 miles recovery5 milesRecovery 9:17 min/mile pace
                      Friday6 miles recovery8 miles GAGA 8:57 min/mile
                      Saturday5 miles easy4.25 miles
                      Sunday15 miles easy16.25 miles9:04 min/mile pace. Avg HR 137!!!
                      Totals:50ish51.25 milesI need a nap (and a beer)
                      Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Thanks Holly Plan is for mileage building.
                        DayPlan Actual Comments
                        MondayRest/X-Train3 miMagical Healing Miles for Tory @AHR135
                        Tuesday8 mi GA w/ 10 x100m strides 8.2 mi@8:05 with Strides AHR 159
                        Wednesday13 mi m-LR13 mi@ 8:52 AHR 151 with nice big hills
                        Thursday3 mi Recovery+Xtrain4 mi@AHR 145 w/ 3x100m strides + Xtrain: ham curls, planks and lunges
                        Friday8 mi GA8.2 mi@8:04 pace, AHR163, bit high, bit muggy
                        Saturday5 mi recovery5 mi@9:46 AHR 142
                        Sunday14 mi m-LR15 mi@8:16 AHR 155 very strong run with 325ft climb in second half
                        Totals:5456.4and feeling GREAT!
                        Awkward but thanks breeger.

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

How do you guys do the Tables?

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

PJH

How do you guys do the Tables?
                            Twocat provided a description of this in the 40/40 thread for weekending 1/6. I'm not sure whether he developed the code himself or pulled it from somewhere. There's some other commentary further on in that thread as well since I was having trouble with the table at first. Erika and Bill seemed to get it okay. It's not easy getting started, but once you get the hang of it, it works okay. As Erika said, it does look weird. Now I just copy the table and "code" from week to week. Even that's probably not the right thing to do, but it works! Now that I think about it, you could probably just copy one of ours and go from there. Holly - a table might be neat for your summary as well ...easier to read. PJ

Marathon Maniac #957

Holly - a table might be neat for your summary as well ...easier to read. PJ
                              I thought of that, but I do the tally in a Word document, where I can enter the information as I get it, and at the end of the week, with a couple of clicks, I can sort the rows by descending # of miles. This is my limited technical knowledge of tables. Smile

Holly it might be possible to write a macro to take the information in your Word table and convert it to the HTML code this forum requires. If I can get a copy of your template I can see what I can do for you. But, just so you know, it may take me some time to get to it. Now if I can only figure out how to send you my email address without posting it here. Confused If somebody reading this does sleuth it down, and I admit it is not hard to do please do not show off by posting it here for all to see!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/