Masters Running

Master Runners Introductions! (Read 228 times)

SteveP

Welcome Kcam.

I'm Steve.  People call me SteveP.

60 year old accelerated hiking.

Just a hair south of Traverse City Michigan.

SteveP

JerryBZA

Runs with the pack

I just joined this group and the Senior Masters group. Tried some of the Facebook groups and they just aren't what I'm looking for.

Been on Running Ahead for at least 15 years. Ran my first race, 5 miles, in 1985 at the Journal Jog, in Reno. My most recent race was the Surf City Half Marathon in February of 2022.

Have lived and run in Northern Nevada, Minnesota, Wisconsin and now living in Anaheim Hills, CA. Wife, and two grown kids. Trying to stay healthy and fit at age 66 without being injured, it's not easy!

TammyinGP

Hi Jerry!  It's nice to have you here. Please feel free to pop into our daily thread if you haven't done so yet - that's where the majority of chatter takes place.

Tammy

MastersTube

Censored because of personal advertising
          Sees-the-Ground

barefootin'

Back from outer space.

This has always been a great site and community. All my miles on foot and bike are here for 15 years.

Started running in 2009.  Ran way too much in 2012, and ended up with 5 years of Epstein-Barr.  Every time I put much effort in, got hit with chronic fatigue.  Took a year or two off of everything.

Got into city/gravel cycling a couple years ago. My circle now includes a few serious runners, and my immune system is not being a PITA. My goal is to run as many miles as I bike. Getting back there gradually.  It's awesome to review my past build up from years ago on this site.

Bill Wagnon / stl

I look my best blurry!

We started running about the same time.  I have been away for some time but I am trying to come back to my roots on RunningAhead.  Good luck with increasing your miles!