Masters Running

Sunday runs and fun...like dancing all night... (Read 450 times)

wow - only on page 1 still? mariposai -- so fun!! sounds like you had a wonderful time!! holly -- you are crazy and smart!! i so admire your dedication!! (nono) - hope your ankle feels better erika - OUCHIE - sciatica truly is a pain in the butt!! tim - you arent just crazy and smart - you are certifiable WinkWink (just wish i could go that distance) bill - great long run!! jlynne - you can do it!! you can do it!! (sending you some mojo!) Smile (dg) - hope your palm and knee don't hurt now mary - nice long run ribs - nice run in IRC weird weekend for me -- no run friday - worked 3p -7am -- slept lousy during the day saturday so went out for a 30 minute hot sweaty 90 degree run then went back in to work for 7p-7a ........... so now trying to wake up with a cup of lousy coffee and contemplating a workout or run before church at 5p.............. mta - seems i bumped us to page 2 Blush

denise

CNY, I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. My thoughts are with his family and friends. evan, I hope your diagnosis of sciatica leads to treatment that resolves the problem. ribs, congrats to riblet and Lucy. enke, sorry to hear about your ear infection and your dad's broken hip. Healing vibes to both of you. Tramps, that was a nice 10K with PR in spite of 6 days off and on a hot day. Nice long runs for roch, Tall, buehrle, eliz, fatozzig, wild, bike, breger, Holly (including a real early start), dg (with wipe out - I hope there are no serious after effects), and hopeful. This morning, it was about 40°, there was some wind, and a few sprinkles. It was one of those days that felt hard from the start and didn't get better. I got in 6 miles in about 1:00:30 for a 10:05 pace. A good day and good runs for all. TomS
        retch my way through a brutally hot and humid 10K. back to work.
        Sounds like the 5k I did today in just under 21 minutes....a solid minute and three-quarters slower than last year. But, with WU and WD I got in 40 for the week, something I haven't managed to do in a while now. Back to the shop: Must make room for a Powermatic 20" planer which I got a fire-sale price on. ^^^A little shop talk for Tramps. Congrats on the 10k PR. Walt
          Holly S. if I get to vote, I am going with your DH! Big grin On the other hand I can imagine getting up at 3am to get in a long run so . . . Confused tetsujin209 lol! stumpy77 95 days . . . that is all! Your timbo beating record is toast! I am already past 80 days. Tongue Great day here in CT today! I just flew in from TX and for once the weather in the NE wins! (Editor: Boy your arms must be tired. Big grin Twocat: Roll eyes )

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

xor

9.9 miles this morning. I'm supposed to do 4-6 this afternoon. We'll see. Overcast and cool (but dry!) at my house today. Time to chase dogs.

Rest day for me. Legs are tight and I am tired after yesterda'ys LR. Great runs by everyone. This morning I supported and cheered on friends and individuals I coach at my Thursday speed sessions. 3 PR's so I guess I am helping. Now for some more rest to be able to handle another big training week. Tall

Recent Best times: None recently

Twocat! your arms must be tired....whew! I am so glad you are here and hanging in there. I have a schedule conflict on the day of the Ironhorse race so I won't be running it this year. It wouldn't be right anyway without you---rematch in 2010, okay? Good description for the day as greasy----Ribs----I am just back after watching the kiddo play a baseball game and it hit 88º before the first pitch. This was after a run with an embedded 5k race earlier today at a nearby park (10 am). The race was in support of adenoid cystic cancer and one of the running Js rounded us all up to hit the roads (her 34 yr. old cousin is in the midst of chemo for this and walked the course at 16 minute pace). Anyway----it was good to see where I was and establish a baseline. I ran 3 miles easy as a wu and then the race in 22:11 1/7 in the 40-49 category and a 2 mile cool down to get back to the walkers. I wanted to hold 7:00 pace, but it was too hot and hilly for that today (last mile was straight up). It didn't feel great and it didn't feel awful either. Like you Walt, it wasn't quite the 20:58 I ran last year at this time, but I'll get there and lower. Nice dancing and running today---even in the weird weather or after feeling off. Holly is as crazy as the rest of us....up early running through wild temperatures and humidity, collecting blisters and odd injuries. It's gotten to the point in my house where my husband will say: What's on tap today? running to Boston? (85 miles away).

Marathon Maniac #957

Halllar – yup, me too. About 9-9:30 pm and I’m in bed. Even on the weekends, unless we have a social event, because I know I’ll still wake up by 5:00. Tramps – not just a PR, but in your “most-hated” conditions – great job! Dg – ouch! I hope you’re okay. Tetsujin – good to know… Wink CNYrunner – congratulations on your AG win! So, I got up before 3:30am, ran 20 miles, showered and ate, and then we went: to church, to the bank, to Waffle House, to Wal-Mart, to the Christmas Tree Store, to Target, to JC Penney, then back to the church where we waited an hour for DS’s late bus from his retreat. I missed my nap. Angry But, having just had a cup of coffee, and fortified by the awareness of the bottle of white wine chilling for later, I’m ready to tackle dinner prep. Tongue Deez4boyz – my day is still not as strenuous as your 15-hour shifts in the maternity ward, though – phew!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mariposai

holly up at 3:30Shocked. Great LR today gf. Three weeks post A marathon could be the culprit of your tired body and legs...be careful there...remember you are still recovering. Timbo, I have never line danced, but I am sure it is fun. 4 easy miles under blue sky. Garden planting mode around here. I have the lettuce, spinach and basil on the ground.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

xor

Any day that includes a stop at Waffle House is a good day.

We had family in town over the last few days and sent them on their way this morning with a big waffle breakfast. I was up before 5 so that I could get in my 5 mile run and shower before anyone else got up. After the house emptied out around 10, we hit the plant store, had lunch, and now I've been gardening all afternoon. After a short break, I've got to head back out there. Don't want to waste this summer weather. But I'll be in bed by 9 tonight, after staying up late chatting with my sister the last two nights.

aka Mrs. WillRunForBeer, MD, USA

Marathoning, the triumph of desire over reason

C NYrunner nearly missed that AG win! Good thing Holly S. noticed! Anyway congratulations! As to the rematch I will be there! (Ok, I really hope I will be there! Smile)

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

xor

....and there was my 4.5 miles for this afternoon. More specifically, I ran 3 miles before I was flagged down by an elderly lady in her front yard. She needed "manly assistance" (her words) to get the nozzle off her hose. I complied. She told me that she had lived in that house for 52 years. Then I got the 10 minute lesson on all the neighbors. Which was fine and sweet, although it isn't my neighborhood so I can't do much with the knowledge. But it seemed to make her happy to share. Then I finished the other 1.5. So a little less than 15 for the day. All easy miles. Is a good day, yes indeed.

Lopez - I'm a total blank on your Bowie reference.... "Manly assistance" eh? Well, I managed to fix my leaking drain pipe in the kitchen wall all by myself!! (after about two weeks and several failed attempts). It made my day. Smile Holly, geesh, I'd still be at the waffle house with my head on my plate, syrup in my hair and snoozing away....zzzzz. Don't know how you do it.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

xor

Our man Bowie once was in a movie called Labyrinth from 1986. Believe me, you do not want him in your ear.