Masters Running

December and 2015 Masters Miles (Read 52 times)

Mike E

MM #5615

Thanks wild!

2015 was an okay year, I guess.  I didn't set any PR's or win any races but, I still had a fun time trying.  I did two marathons and competed in the National Senior Games.  I think I did 1 5K early on and I did 2 half marathons.  Like, SubDood said, I got to do a cool down after one of those half marathons with him.  I still don't know why I don't make a point of getting together with that guy more often.  In the other half marathon, I met Jlynne! I wish I could have spent more time at that one.

Anyway...

DEC: 245

2015: 2076 

Thanks to all of you for your support and encouragement!

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Not a bad year, other than a a bigger lull than I might have liked this fall.  Things are getting better with my new training plan that involves 5 days running instead of 4.  I'm going to claim a double prime for both Dec. and the year--79 miles month and 797 miles for the year.  I cheated on the pace bunny by changing from 1000 miles to 800 in mid-November, but still came out JUST short.  All better next year, right.

Only 3 races this year--2-5k and a 25K trail race.  Shape up Somerville was one of several RA meetups, including Robin's Partay, Dg's and Enke's east coast tours (not together).  Always so much fun to meet any and all of this group IRL.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

What an impressive year Bob had!!

I achieved both my goals for 2015:

1. Reach 5 years of running everyday - done 10/18 and now at1962 days avg 8.5 miles per day

2. Run 4000 miles in 2015 - done with 4046 miles total

Bonuses:

Ran my first 100 mile week (twice)

Ran my first 400 mile month (Oct)

December: 300.7 miles

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

WOW!!  You guys (and gals) never cease to amaze me!! Your monthly mileage and year end totals are so impressive!!

Had a rough start to the year with minimal running due to heel/foot pain, but did a lot of cross-training to get ready for my 1st half Iron triathlon then my 2nd one a couple months later!!  My running highlights were Reach the Beach with some of our RA friends and traveling to Dublin to run the marathon with some of my MVS friends!!

Dec  -  77.3

2015 -  620.8

If I can stay injury free in 2016 I would like to chase that 1000 mile pace bunny I've heard mention of -- where do I find him/her????

denise

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

If I can stay injury free in 2016 I would like to chase that 1000 mile pace bunny I've heard mention of -- where do I find him/her????

On your summary page, pick Widgets and drag "GOALS" onto the page.  you can make it anything you want.  I'm trying for the 1000, too.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Thanks Stumpy!! Between you and Leslie I am starting to understand the widgets a little better - FINALLY!!

denise

wildchild

Carolyn

I ended 2015 with 2003 miles (a prime!).  It came right down to the wire, and I had to run 14.2 miles on December 31 to catch the 2000 mile pace bunny.   Only 72.1 miles in December - the lowest month all year, but with our inaugural trip in the new Sprinter van plus family vacation in Mexico, it's all good.

2015 was a good running year for me.  Races included two trail marathons, a 50k, a 50 miler, and my first 100k.  Also a couple of shorter races: 6 mile and 8 mile trail races, and my first relay (Wild West Relay). Looking forward to 2016!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Sayhey! MM#130

Heh-heh, clearly you have no idea how much fun we are having (and what goes on) in those indecent Boston corrals.......

Probably my worst year ever for marathons, as ultras fully took over. 3:10 at Boston was my best. Fortunately I still have December 2014's 2:59 to seed me in a decent corral at Boston 2016. But I'll need a good one sometime for 2017... 

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

Sayhey! MM#130

I think around 290 for December; 3374 for the year.

Just one marathon in December, 18 for the year and a bunch of shorter races.

Highlight was the RA reunion in Charleyboy, hanging with folks and meeting Tag, Avenger Doggie.

2nd highlight was doing the Tennessee two-step (Blister in the Sun marathon/Flying Monkey) and learning how cool is Nashville.

And I am soooo getting ready for that Somerville rematch in 2016.....let's get more RAers to it, stumpy!

I am so not crazy enough to do ultras.

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

BlazinCajun

bhearn is a tall robot - Dang!

..Started it off setting a big CR at my first 24-hour over New Year's 2014/2015, 139.5 miles. Alas, not quite enough to make the US 24-hour team (needed 145).

100M trail PR, 18:31, at Umstead.

Training focus for most of the year was Spartathlon 153M. I ran 29:35, top American male. My dream race was sub-30.

First sub-7 50M, 6:55 at Autumn Leaves...

...Finished with 2,600 miles for the year, 250 for December.

Andrew
                      ------------------
                      God, my Lord, is my strength;
                      he makes my feet swift as those of hinds
                      and enables me to go upon the heights.
                      Hb 3:19

BlazinCajun

perchcreek is a robot as well - awesome job!

So is AamosY - nice work!

Andrew
                        ------------------
                        God, my Lord, is my strength;
                        he makes my feet swift as those of hinds
                        and enables me to go upon the heights.
                        Hb 3:19

bhearn

I am so not crazy enough to do ultras.

52 races in 2015, including 18 marathons... no, you're not crazy at all...

King of PhotoShop

1,415 miles for the year for me. Slowing down!

Nice going Perch, Aamos and Bob Hearn.

Spareribs

#artbydmcbride

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/1000MileClub

Here it is!

oh and I ran 2060 miles in 2015

171 miles in December

Runners run

98.4 miles for December

1193.4 YTD which took 19 days and 20 hours to run (love that report option Eric )

This getting old thing is not fun, though I did do 2 half marathons, 2 10ks and 4 5ks.  Cripes! Aamos runs that much in a weekend!

Thanks Carolyn - hoping for better totals in 2016.