Masters Running

Wednesday 10/11/23 (Read 35 times)

Good morning Masters! Jay must be in a meeting somewhere and didn't have time to start the daily. I can cover, but no recap from me!

I did have to mention to Steve though - that picture. Sometimes when I run on a treadmill, that's exactly how I feel!

RCG - wow. I'm glad you and your DGS weren't seriously hurt. Good job Babba, now take it easy for a while.

5.65 miles this morning, 45 degrees and no wind. Blinkly lights on for the whole deal since it's not even starting to get light here now until around 7:00 AM. I did have an eye-opener experience though. My return home through a residential area is on a busy street so I always hop on the sidewalk. As I was passing a house, I noticed a kitchen light go on. No shades, no blinds, but a totally naked man walking up to his fridge. He saw me and looked as shocked as I was to see him!! Put some clothes on buddy before you start your coffee and breakfast for the day! 

And with that happy picture in your head, have a great Wednesday!

Marathon Maniac #957

Jlynne -   So, how'd he look?   

I just scheduled DH and I for Covid and flu vaccines on Saturday.  Anyone notice any reaction to the booster these days?

I also sent off for absentee ballots for DH, DD and I.  We have two important issues on the ballot this time, one for reproductive rights and one for recreational marijuana, so DD might actually vote this time, as long as I make it as easy as possible for her.

7am appt at the dentist (just for an x-ray) so no time for a workout before work.  Maybe a bit of strength training after work.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Thanks, Jeanne.  Wow, RCG.  I had not seen your post yesterday.  What an ordeal.  I hope your knees are OK and that you recover from the cold or RSV or COVID or whatever we are calling it these days.

BTY-  let me know about the hearing aid choice.  I really think Ken needs them, but his doctor said he isn't quite there yet.  It all seems confusing.

4.5 miles this morning.  Cloudy, 52 degrees.  The solar panel folks are on Day 3 of trying to put the panels back up on the roof.  I've pretty much over the whole solar panel thing.

Steve- love the treadmill picture.

Holly- I had a business friend (female) who checked into a Miami airport hotel (nice one) and opened the door to her room and there was a naked man.  Hotel had given her the wrong room.  They sent her flowers and a fruit basket.  I asked her what he was like and she said "totally unacceptable!"

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Marathon Maniac #957

who checked into a Miami airport hotel (nice one) and opened the door to her room and there was a naked man.  Hotel had given her the wrong room.  They sent her flowers and a fruit basket.  

Hmmm, I wonder what they sent HIM....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

anneb

Ewww... and that would totally creep me out

Holly- I had a business friend (female) who checked into a Miami airport hotel (nice one) and opened the door to her room and there was a naked man.  Hotel had given her the wrong room.  They sent her flowers and a fruit basket.  I asked her what he was like and she said "totally unacceptable!"

Jeanne - good for you getting up early all the time! I've not accepted the dark yet and I'm struggling to get up much before 7. I keep saying... next week I'll start getting up at 6, and then next week is now and nope.

The H had to get up to be at an all day event at Soldier Field (took 1.5 hours with horrendous traffic - maybe 15 miles away). Our windows were delivered this morning - 18! Of course its going to start raining today, through Monday AM, so likely not happening this week.

Otherwise our project is moving along (week 8). Tiling (takes a while), vanity being delivered tomorrow. Bedroom detail work ongoing (refinished HW, now trim work/paint because entry was modified). We had these giant mirrors on a wall that we're finally rid of (DH didn't want to do it because we had no idea what the wall would be like under). I think we probably have another week to 3 for everything to be wrapped. We have been sleeping in our guest room for a week (queen bed in there for the 3 of us) and guessing we have another week or so of that. It's too small for us w/the 70 lb dog (but that is our fault, of course). All of the furniture is stacked in my office. That's getting old... but soon enough!

So far, I just walked the dog and am now working. I will have to try to get in some kind of workout today. Hopefully before it starts raining...

Anne

lamerunner2

Jlynne -   So, how'd he look?   

I just scheduled DH and I for Covid and flu vaccines on Saturday.  Anyone notice any reaction to the booster these days?

I also sent off for absentee ballots for DH, DD and I.  We have two important issues on the ballot this time, one for reproductive rights and one for recreational marijuana, so DD might actually vote this time, as long as I make it as easy as possible for her.

7am appt at the dentist (just for an x-ray) so no time for a workout before work.  Maybe a bit of strength training after work.

Holly, I had the reformulated flu and Covid shots last week, both in the same arm.  I noticed effects a little more than last year.  Very sore arm and fatigue for about a day.  I made a strategic error in my choice of arm.  I write left handed but do most other things right handed, so I chose my left arm. What I forgot was there was an all day deposition the next day and I would be taking notes for 6 or more hours.  Oops.

Probably mostly a rest day today.  The old legs are tired.  Maybe a walk later.

TammyinGP

Good Morning!

Hope you aren't too sore RCG and your GS is okay also. What a terrible thing to have happened!  

Quick post this morning, as I'm only working half day and then off until Tuesday. And I have a few things I really want to get done and have off my plate, and off my mind, while I take some time off.

DH left bright and early this morning for Bakersfield for 5 days. Actually it wasn't bright but it was early. he was up at 4:30   I never did really fall back asleep so I am sure I'll be tired early tonight.

3.2 miles yesterday after work. Very rainy day today but it may dry out this afternoon.  Poor Leslie and Shorty - been camping in rain pretty much since they started their vacation. A few dry times here and there, but a lot of rain.

Later gaters!

Tammy

Marathon Maniac #957

Holly, I had the reformulated flu and Covid shots last week, both in the same arm.  I noticed effects a little more than last year.  Very sore arm and fatigue for about a day. 

Good to know, thanks!

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

Holly,

In an ideal world you would separate the jabs by a week or two. But that is unrealistic for busy people.

I would recommend one jab in the left and one in the right. If you have any sort of local reaction, you'd know which vaccine caused it.

But if you choose to have both in one arm, choose your dominant arm. Because you will move that around more and that is good for dissipating the vaccine.

Since I tested positive for covid19 on 06 September. I am good for 60 days. I might skip the booster until next year.

I got my flu shot last week.

I tested negative for covid19 yesterday. Only tested because my sister was curious.

I don't think I have RSV because my lungs feel okay.

It is probably a regular adenovirus/rhino virus?

A cold vs sinus infection because I have horrible post nasal drainage!

Enough of my whining!

Today we took GS 2 to the park. And he didn't poop in his pants! He actually went to the washroom at the ball fields! He was surprised he didn't have any skidmarks!

"Anytime you see the word "inflation" in the news, replace it with "record-breaking corporate profits" and you'll get what's happening."

Tramps

Thanks, Jlynne.  We're not on a road, are surrounded by trees, and can't see a neighbor from our house but I still insist on closing the blinds at night.   Did I mention already that every time you refer to Candyland, this song pops in to my head?

Speaking of good music...if you like a new twist on old-style (50s and 60s) country, Charlie Crockett's your guy. Everything he's put out over nearly a decade is worth a listen. He has a new live album (recorded at the Ryman) and, as a limited-time promo has posted a great video of that concert on YouTube. Hard to beat, if this is your cup of tea.

anne--that sounds like a lot. I'll be you'll be glad when it's over.

Enjoyed watching the Penguins get beat in their opener last night.   It'll be a mostly-dreary--and likely playoff-less---year for my Caps as they did little to improve their geriatric team in the off-season but it'll still be interesting to watch how the few youngsters up from the minors develop.

Picture-perfect day here. Sunny blue skies, a touch of coolness to the air but neither too cold nor too warm. Today's ride turned out to be exactly 22.22 miles.

Be safe. Be kind.

Mike E

MM #5615

Today we took GS 2 to the park. And he didn't poop in his pants! He actually went to the washroom at the ball fields! He was surprised he didn't have any skidmarks!

I’m alway surprised, too…

I’m always surprised, too…

Jlynne - that is hysterical!! My dh won't even leave the bedroom without shorts or jeans over his boxers!! Cracks me up because we only have males in this house and I think it would be ok for him to be seen in boxers LOL

I have been sleeping like crazy on my days off!! I'm talking 8-9 hours of sleep (with a bathroom break of course) Guess my body is telling me it needs a little more than the usual 6-7 - I feel good either way!!,

45 minute PowerZone endurance ride, 10 min low impact where Matt did this class alternating high cadence with low cadence for the 10 min, 5 min cool-down ride then a barre class and some stretching.

Still waiting for the guy doing an exterior and interior detail on my car to call me and say it's done -- I'm getting a little nervous.

denise

moebo

One other unfortunate thing is that we never expected him to be interested in owning a house and it's likely that in an effort to declutter our house the last few years, I've disposed of some tools and material that might have been useful to him. Oh well...

Roch, you sound just like my SO. He has many many many tools and tons and tons of associated supplies, and every time he gets rid of something he has regrets because he thinks he (or someone else) might need it someday. I think he realizes he could just buy whatever he needs (which is what I would do), but already having it on hand is so much more appealing to him. The other day we we at a local building supply place and he noticed they were giving away various slabs of stone for free. We ended up with a very heavy truck on the way out...

Thanks, Jlynne.  We're not on a road, are surrounded by trees, and can't see a neighbor from our house but I still insist on closing the blinds at night.    

I am also surrounded by trees with no close neighbors. I never close my bedroom blinds!

RCG, that story was pretty scary, but glad you and you DGS had a happy ending! I hope your knees are okay now.

The weather forecast is trending slightly better for my race on Sunday, probably because I got my disposable raincoats yesterday.

I am hoping that trend will continue!

3.7 easy miles for me this morning. I am thinking one more short jaunt tomorrow, and that will be it until Sunday.

Charlie Crockett is great!  I have his music.

Holly- I know timing is a pain, but I could never get two vaccines at once.  You are a small person, too.  If you can wait a week between, I would do so.  That's what Vanderbilt recommends.  That way, if you have a reaction, you know which one was the culprit.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

I hadn't even thought about the body weight making a difference Karen.  Good point!

I was listening to a cardiologist speak on the radio about this. He said he always separates his vaccines by two weeks in case he has a complication.

Oh!

And Jeanne! Hilarious!!!

If I would have seen that nakedness? I would have cracked up!

Sounds like you both responded correctly

Since there was only a crescent moon, I guess you were greeted by the crack of dawn...

(No connection with DNaff)

"Anytime you see the word "inflation" in the news, replace it with "record-breaking corporate profits" and you'll get what's happening."