Masters Running

Thursday Oct 1 Master Runs and Workouts (Is my Summer about over?) (Read 187 times)

This morning was a breath of fresh air (so to speak).  We got a bit of a weather break (74° and 64%) and I felt terrific this morning for the 1st time in a while.  Maybe this long H&H summer is nearing an end.

3.5 recovery paced miles that ended up with the last 2.5 miles at 9:24 pace.  Avg HR 124.

Tinman wants me to run my 20 mile LR on Saturday at MP plus a minute which is right about what I ran those last few miles at today.  Kewl.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Slo

I wasn't sure who's to post on.

No run to report anyway.

This morning was a breath of fresh air (so to speak).  We got a bit of a weather break (74° and 64%)

A bit of a weather break up here this morning too, Bill! 32° and a killing frost in some areas. Pretty darn cold for the first of October, even in Wisconsin! Nice pace this  morning and glad you're ready for that last long one at MP. Tinman  has trained you well.

Slo - what can I say? Hang in there friend - hopefully that shin will heal quickly.

5.5 miles at a 9:45 pace. Gloves AND vest this morning. Brrrrr! 5 minutes of jumping rope and some ab work after that.

Too much Packer/VIking hype this week. I'll be glad when Monday night is over.

Have a good day, good people.

Marathon Maniac #957

Hmmm, dual universes......WonderTwin Powers, Activate!

Blazincajun – welcome!  I remember you from before.

{{{Wildchild}}}

Mariposai – I have sorely missed srlopez as well.  Do you know - why did he leave us?

PDR – perfection in marathon weather – I’m keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Francesca – very kewl that you will be in Boston!  Not that I’m surprised....

Fatozzig – I agree with you about litigation – not the type of paralegal I’d like to work as.

39° this morning, so I wore long pants and gloves for the first time since early spring.  I firmly believe that I run slower in long pants.  I don’t know why, but somehow once the temperature drops below 40° it always seems that, for the same perceived effort, my paces are slower.  Thigh friction slowing me down?       But no, even in long pants my thighs don’t actually rub together.  Could it be that I’m not able to process the oxygen in colder air as easily?  Anyone else notice this?

The FIRST plan called for 5 miles @ 7:59, but I just didn’t have it today (darn long pants).

10 miles, including 5 miles @ 8:12 in the middle.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."