Masters Running

Toosday's Daily, 10.17.17 (Read 38 times)

wildchild

Carolyn

Jeanne, if a 10:01 pace is your new normal, how fast did you run before?  That sounds pretty speedy to me!  My runs are never that fast, except the downhill portions!

Beautiful day here, and I ran 11.5 miles on the dirt roads around my neighborhood.  I went a bit farther than I intended, because I got a bit turned around in a neighborhood I don't usually run in, where all the streets have similar names and loop around and interconnect.  I took East Dory Way instead of North Dory Way, and made a big loop, coming out back where I'd already been...  oh well, it's all good.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Falconfixer

Hey y'all, apologies for the delayed absence....which is likely to continue for about 10 to 12 more days.....I'm a "full time" reservist and our drill weekend was last weekend.

Today I slept in a bit (so I missed the 40s) but got out at lunch and ran to the base track.  There I did 6 x 800m intervals at a decent pace.  Total of 8.5 miles, overall sub 8 pace.  Works for me!  After work I taught spin.

Hopefully back tomorrow.

Have a great night everyone!

metalmancpa

I'm not even thinking taper. Ran a slow and easy 8.3 miles at a 9:07 pace. Running. My time.

Mariposai

Howdie you all. Is it Wednesday in Australia yet?

metalmancpa, are you tapering for a race? Taperboy can teach you a few tricks about tapering, right tetsujin?

How are the weekend racers recovering? Erika, how was the flight back home?

Wildchild, birthday sistahh, I always enjoy reading your running post in the the woods.

Running for my mariposa wing, yesterday was 7.5 miles meandering through the harvested apple orchards. Today I took my gym bag to the office in hopes to get out for a short run, but my quads are barking at me from the brutal hike I had with my DH on Sunday. All is good. The point to be out, enjoy nature and be happy.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

How are the weekend racers recovering? Erika, how was the flight back home? 

Recovery is fine, no soreness or ouchie bits, just feel tired. That could be the time change as much as anything. Flights home were flawless as is typical for Alaska Airlines. There's a reason I rarely fly anything else.

It's 8:37 here and normally I'd be almost getting a second wind, but tonight I'm feeling every minute of our time change and it sure feels like 12:37! Will go to bed soon because we need to get up early anyway tomorrow. Got in a 4.6 mile easy run tonight at the very end of the work day. Paths were wet but not bad until I got to parts that are normally shady, then there was a bit of slippage. Temps were in the low 30's and the best part? NO WIND!!!  Tomorrow I'll try to get out earlier but my runs this week are in recovery mode just because I'm tired.