Masters Running

Marathons in 2011 (Read 699 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

Just curious - what do you folks have planned as far as next year's marathons?  I'm still not sure what I want to do with next year....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

evanflein

Equinox in September for sure, just haven't decided on the ultra or regular yet.

No Boston...

I don't have anything else planned, but would like to pick up another couple of states. Newport would be fun for Oregon.

It would be fun to plan another "reunion" type of marathon weekend if we could find the ideal combination of time and location!

Maniac 505

currently,  mostly local races.  Mount Desert Island for sure in October,   ET midnight marathon if the tentative date on the web page doesn't change.  Rock and roll Seattle,  Tacoma,  Wenatchee,  Maybe Coeur D' alene  Idaho for another new state.   

All subject to change.

lamerunner

Boston again, just for fun and it is close. Not sure beyond  that   I would like to find one somewhere different, combine some travel with a marathon. I am turning 50 early in the year so it miust be an excuse for something... 

Early in the year, down here, maybe Miami or A1A.

Bayshore is very likely (with breger1 resort/party possibilities!)

Chicago maybe, but DW really wants to go to Maine so Mount Desert island is probable.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Prince of Fatness

I may have sworn off marathons.  Or maybe I will take one more stab at it and then swear them off.  Fall of 2011 would be the earliest attempt if there is one.

Not at it at all. 

PBJ

Marathon Iowa 2014

I'm going to need some new states.  So far I've hit New England, New York, and Ohio.  I should head west (or south).

If I do one, it will definitely be Fall 2011.  I'll be interested to hear lame's experience with OBX.  That's one I could definitely talk my hubby into attending with me. 

Once a runner . . .

Slo

The only one on my radar right now is Green Bay. May 15th 2011

I'd like to do a fall one too but I really haven't given any consideration to any particular one yet.

evanflein

PBJ! Come North!!!! Smile

Dave, when is Coeur D' Alene? I need that state but want to do it with someone. That's ex-husband territory (farther south) and I'd like to get it over and done with sooner rather than later.

Byll, when is Bayshore?

(yes, I could look all these up, but it's more fun to ask you guys)

Byll, when is Bayshore?

Roll eyes        Bayshore is May 28th, 2011.  Memorial Day weekend.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Marathon Maniac #957

I keep hearing about OBX - but what is OBX?

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Maniac 505

PBJ! Come North!!!! Smile

Dave, when is Coeur D' Alene? I need that state but want to do it with someone. 

May 29th

Coeur D'Alene marathon

jfa

OBX= Outer Banks Marathon.

Spring marathon either NJ or Steamtown. if I BQ, I'll run NYC in the fall. If not, another BQ attempt somewhere with a faster course.

Franc59

Half Fanatic #36

Planning lots of stuff but not many marathons.

CHICAGO!!! meeting up some Italian runners friends coming in for the race, and sort of a homecoming, I used to live there.