Nashville ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Summer of Malmo (Read 504 times)

Why is it sideways?

Lazy idiot

Dammit!

Tick tock

The King of Beasts

I am in.

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

Why is it sideways?

So, apparently the Vandy track is going to be resurfaced this summer, starting soon. Any other ideas for tracks?
          Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Harding Academy track, corner of Highway 70 and Carnavon Parkway.

Meh, $5 is $5...

Heh, I was wondering when that would go down.  I remember hearing back in Feb. that this was the reason Vandy was not bothering with keeping the barriers up in lanes 1-4.  XC style at Percy Warner is the best.  There are a few tracks in the Green Hills area, but  there always is something going on at Hillsboro or Harpeth in the afternoon...I think there's at least one more, but I'm not familiar with it.  You also have to deal with Green Hills traffic which is the suck any time after 1 pm. 

Why is it sideways?

Vaughn's Gap is a good idea, especially for tempos. Hillwood High is close enough for me to run to, so that would be an option, too. Plus, it's going out West End instead of Harding, which is better.

The King of Beasts

Hillwood would be good, I hate that place with a passion, which would help in the event of intervals.

"As a dreamer of dreams and a travelin' man I have chalked up many a mile. Read dozens of books about heroes and crooks, And I've learned much from both of their styles." ~ Jimmy Buffett

"I don't see much sense in that," said Rabbit. "No," said Pooh humbly, "there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way."”

Why is it sideways?

Hillwood would be good, I hate that place with a passion, which would help in the event of intervals.

Excellent.

Brentwood Academy and Brentwood High school have always been open when I've wanted to run. Both are on Granny White just south of OHB.
                        Where's Hillwood exactly?

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

The Thunder

Vaughn's Gap is a good idea, especially for tempos. Hillwood High is close enough for me to run to, so that would be an option, too. Plus, it's going out West End instead of Harding, which is better.

This would get us ready for the Striders XC meets in August...which will get us ready to run a few real XC meets there unattached in the fall.  I like it.

1 Hip and 2 Hamstring reconstructions later…

Why is it sideways?

Brentwood Academy and Brentwood High school have always been open when I've wanted to run. Both are on Granny White just south of OHB.

Too far for me. Especially at 5pm.

As for Vaughn's Gap: maybe. I like the idea of the track, personally, because people can share workouts easier and there is more of a feel of camaraderie when a big group shows up at the track. Folks can also see what others are doing, and 12-16 x 200 would be a bitch on a field.

Meh, $5 is $5...

This would get us ready for the Striders XC meets in August...which will get us ready to run a few real XC meets there unattached in the fall.  I like it.

I assume you mean some of the Vandy and Belmont meets?  If so, where do you sign up?  It's been far too long since I was in a XC race.

Why is it sideways?

Okay, here's what I'm thinking.

We meet at the Vandy Track until it is closed for resurfacing. I think chances are good we can get out there on Monday the first and Thursday the 4th. After that, I'm gone until mid-July. If the group wants to continue there are several options.

The MBA track is available starting in July. I think this will give us a good place to meet, centrally located, nice track. Folks could even meet at the Vandy track and jog over.

For the month of June, those interested in keeping things going while I'm gone have lots of options. The first and best is to keep meeting at Vandy until the track is resurfaced. My contacts tell me that the start date hasn't yet been set. Maybe it will be open all June.

Another option would be to move to Centennial Park, run tempos there and set out some markers for the faster stuff on the grass. Not a bad option.

Another possibility would be the Harding Academy track at Carnavon and Harding.

Another possibility would be to meet at Vaughn's Gap for the month of June for less organized tempo/fartlek stuff (a kind of pre-summer of Malmo summor of Malmo).

We could talk about all this on Monday. All this is a long-winded way of saying that I'll be at the Vandy track on Monday and Thursday of next week. And probably at the MBA track starting in mid-July.