Nashville ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Jellyfish (Read 722 times)

Oh Mighty Wing

Thanks for answering!! That makes a lot of sense. Even just with singles for me I had to be very good about taking "recovery runs" once a week. Your thoughts seem to just be a more advanced version of mine - which is nice to know! Smile I wonder if that's where people get in trouble with upping their running to every day - they don't plan recovery/low intensity days. So what do you think is the difference at the moment?

Why is it sideways?

Are you asking about how I got injured? I blame Trent for that and his silly marathon. Well, that and my silly idea to run the 2nd half of it fast so I could break 3 hours even though my longest run before the thing was 14 miles (once) and I'd only been running for 7 weeks and despite the fast that I had a few niggles in that same quad going into the race and that I had been avoiding hills almost entirely before the race because I wanted to avoid aggravating my achilles. And then there was the bright idea of running an interval workout even though it was hurting to test and see whether my quad would hold up when I knew darn well that I should be taking it easy. In short, I hurt my quad because I didn't listen to my body and got greedy with my training and racing. It didn't have anything to do with running every day. The good thing is that it's not a "real" injury like my achilles was. It's just one of those ordinary things that runners work through in the course of getting in shape and I'm not worried that it's going to affect my training in any major way.

Oh Mighty Wing

We all get overly excited it's part of life. I also think it's hard when it feels good and you have a supportive group pushing you! And you are right - good thing it's just a little thing.

Why is it sideways?

We all get overly excited it's part of life.
          Ha! You wouldn't know anything about that now would you.

Oh Mighty Wing

Ha! You wouldn't know anything about that now would you.
            who me??? excited??? no... Big grin Believe it or not I work very hard and not letting my excitement push me too fast too soon - it's not easy, but I try!

Why is it sideways?

who me??? excited??? no... Big grin Believe it or not I work very hard and not letting my excitement push me too fast too soon - it's not easy, but I try!
              ! Wink

Oh Mighty Wing

! Wink
                haha my new years resolution - allow only 1 ! per post!! (dammit i'm already losing)

Why is it sideways?

Nice workout the other day! Why 0.56 miles?

Oh Mighty Wing

Nice workout the other day! Why 0.56 miles?
                    Thanks!!! It was my first speed workout EVER! yeah I thought that was weird too... I was on our track doing 800's. I started and stopped in the same place - oh wait - could it be that I was in the outer lanes on the track?? The winter track kids were doing intervals outside that day since it was warm out and to stay out of their way I ran on the outside.

Why is it sideways?

Yep--lane 8, I presume?

Oh Mighty Wing

Yep--lane 8, I presume?
                        yup! that was me!!

Why is it sideways?

yup! that was me!!
                          Sweet. Anyhow--good run. You got some much faster races in you. MTA: FYI: lane 1 is 400m, all the other lanes are longer... MTA2: You continue to break your new years resolution pretty outrageously.

Oh Mighty Wing

Thanks!! And hey - you must be feeling much better! That is some big speedy mileage your putting up compared to your last 2 weeks. It is very cool to watch. I think I'm gonna need a new NY's resolution!

Why is it sideways?

I'm getting there. Yeah--it seems like a mileage jump but it's really just continuing what I had going before the leg was bothering me. I still have just a hint of a twinge down in the quad but it's definitely on the mend.

Oh Mighty Wing

I'm getting there. Yeah--it seems like a mileage jump but it's really just continuing what I had going before the leg was bothering me. I still have just a hint of a twinge down in the quad but it's definitely on the mend.
                                yeah when I got back 3 weeks I saw that. Guess I was just imagining it looking more symmetrical if that makes sense. Glad the quad is on the mend!! Nice to have you running again - you are a lot less cantankerous. Wink