Nashville ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Saturday August 2nd (Read 509 times)

JakeKnight

Not to hijack, Trent, but can I run/take walk breaks with you guys at B2B tomorrow morning?
    I'm assuming you're looking for a GETM here. In case you're for real ... um, yeah. If you run with us, you won't have much choice. There shall be walking.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
    -----------------------------

JakeKnight

holy crap you people are making me nervous. Seriously, I'm not a good runner - I'm slow, I take walk breaks if I have too and believe me with your hills I'll have too. I worry about injuring myself again.
      I guarantee after "running" with us, you'll look back at this post and laaaaaaaaugh. We know how to do slow. Trust me.

Lazy idiot

Oh. We NEVER take walk breaks. Right JK?
        I didn't take a walk break, I took break breaks. Waiting for Cletus... yeah, that's it.

Tick tock

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Skipped services. I'm going to Hell. Except we don't believe in Hell. Now I'm going to see the Dark Knight. With a flask. JK, 12:30 at the Bellevue 8. Wanna come? Bring drink.

Oh Mighty Wing

i'm excited! And I'm bringing a camera!
            JakeKnight

Skipped services. I'm going to Hell. Except we don't believe in Hell. Now I'm going to see the Dark Knight. With a flask. JK, 12:30 at the Bellevue 8. Wanna come? Bring drink.
              Guess I shoulda read this sooner. Sad. And you should be running.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

4 drinks. good flick. 2 1/2 buckets of popcorn.

S&M Collector

4 drinks. good flick. 2 1/2 buckets of popcorn.
                  I'm going to see the 3:30 IMAX showing tomorrow....with flask, I suspect and the largest popcorn I can get.
                  Come across any cool medals lately?
                    Things I would like to say about this thread: 1) JK is a dick. 2) Even though JK is a Dick, he has a point. 3) His point is: I will of course mock anyone who walks, but only because it pleases me that I never have to walk. 4) Even though he has a point, I wouldn't mock Shan. I like her. 5) I would ask if I could run B2B with you guys, but you all suck and run slow and walk and stuff. Maybe Tanyas going and i'll run with her. She doesn't walk. 6) JK- you've ran the 11.2 with me ONE time. I have since learned how to run "easy". Back then I wouldn't touch a 9 minute pace. Mikey taught me that it was okay...if you don't remember this, see one of the many threads on how I Qualified for Boston by running lots of easy miles. 7) Finally...no...Shan would not beat me in "the" race. And that's not me being mean...that's just me being me and stating fact. I have to say it because my brain is too competitive. I like Shan. You are the one who beats me in races. And the only one. Besides faster people. I still would like to maintain that you are not faster than me...that you are just better at racing Wink 8) Trent and Casa...you guys sucks. I've seen the Dark Knight 3 times already, and you're just now seeing it for the first time. Disclaimer: This is not a list

Oh Mighty Wing

Candice - in order for you to beat me you have to actually enter. LOL And Thank you for attempting to not mock me!
                        Candice - in order for you to beat me you have to actually enter. LOL And Thank you for attempting to not mock me!
                        Good comeback. Coach says no. Doesn't mean I won't be out there running. I'll do some sort of volunteering again though, but screw getting stuck at the finish line food table again. That made me so nervous sitting there pulling for Jeff to be the first one out of the woods for almost 3 hours (sorry MJ). Plus I wanted to eat all the food. Nobody was watching me. Anyway... I mock everyone. It's honestly part of my charm. Actually, no, i'm much nicer in person to people I don't know well...I have a representative. My representative doesn't get online much.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Yep. Saw the Dark Knight for the first time today. Because: 1. I have a life that occupies all my time and includes family, spouse, 7 day a week job, running, other hobbies. 2. To go see a movie, I need to be able to take my kiddos* OR convince my wife that, although I am already out for 1-3 hours per day running, it is okay for me to run off another few hours to watch a movie. 3. There are loads of good movies out there right now vying for my time, money and attention. What you got? * Turns out, I could have taken the kids to DN, it ain't that bad.
                            Yep. Saw the Dark Knight for the first time today. Because: 1. I have a life that occupies all my time and includes family, spouse, 7 day a week job, running, other hobbies. 2. To go see a movie, I need to be able to take my kiddos* OR convince my wife that, although I am already out for 1-3 hours per day running, it is okay for me to run off another few hours to watch a movie. 3. There are loads of good movies out there right now vying for my time, money and attention. What you got? * Turns out, I could have taken the kids to DN, it ain't that bad.
                            Well I didn't know if you had little Nancy kids or if they were tough.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

As I said, they could handle this movie. EVERYBODY out there told me otherwise. They were all wrong.
                              JakeKnight

Things I would like to say about this thread: 1) JK is a dick.
                                Yes. But I prefer prick. Same basic idea.
                                2) Even though JK is a Dick, he has a point.
                                Did I? I forget. I'll take your word for it.
                                3) His point is: I will of course mock anyone who walks, but only because it pleases me that I never have to walk.
                                Ah - was that my point? You're right. I did have a point. And my young padawan, there is a difference between "have" to walk and choose to walk. All the difference in the world. When understand that difference you do, behind me not you may be. (Brief aside: shut up, Tanya.)
                                4) Even though he has a point, I wouldn't mock Shan. I like her.
                                Methinks you will.
                                5) I would ask if I could run B2B with you guys, but you all suck and run slow and walk and stuff. Maybe Tanyas going and i'll run with her. She doesn't walk.
                                Sadly she does not walk. Especially at the wrong times to not be walking. We will be walking much. Then again, I'll run more this week than you will in a month. Perhaps if you exerted yourself a bit, you'd enjoy a stroll now and then, too. Heck, if I ran as little as you, I'd avoid walking, too.
                                6) JK- you've ran the 11.2 with me ONE time. I have since learned how to run "easy". Back then I wouldn't touch a 9 minute pace. Mikey taught me that it was okay...if you don't remember this, see one of the many threads on how I Qualified for Boston by running lots of easy miles.
                                Yes, I remember that day fondly as the day we instituted the "no chicks" rule. Trent keeps breaking it, but that's his fault. And yes, I remember - also fondly - the endless discussions about why oh why won't Candice pay attention to what every runner on the planet already knows? Now if only I could run that much slower than me and still qualify for Boston. That'd be sweet.
                                7) Finally...no...Shan would not beat me in "the" race. And that's not me being mean...that's just me being me and stating fact. I have to say it because my brain is too competitive. I like Shan. You are the one who beats me in races. And the only one. Besides faster people. I still would like to maintain that you are not faster than me...that you are just better at racing
                                Perhaps you just suck? And while I realize your intellectual limitations are almost crippling, I think most readers would understand that I was offering up the collective "you." Not referring to Shanhas, but to the general principle that "you'll run with Candice, she'll run too fast and mock you, then you'll beat her pasty skinny ass anyway." Just nod your head and pretend you're not blond.
                                8) Trent and Casa...you guys sucks. I've seen the Dark Knight 3 times already, and you're just now seeing it for the first time.
                                Shouldn't you be seeing obscure independent films with French subtitles that symbolically explore the angst-ridden internal struggle at the soul of man? Superhero flicks should be beneath you, shouldn't they? But, yes, Trent and Casa suck. Especially Trent. Although I reportedly am sharing his eyebrows.
                                This is not a list
                                That was a list.