Nashville ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

core work (Read 419 times)

Every day?!? Do you get up 20 min earlier or go to sleep 20 min later? Actually I am trying to figure out how to fit this in, but all I can think of is less sleep. I guess we could give up on the 30 minutes in front of the TV we use to wind down in the evening. Hmm. Maybe do it while watching TV...

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

2-3 times is more than enough. Yes you can do it 7 days a week but why??? I just started back doing core work and I do it after my weight session. You can always do it right after you wake up or right before heading to bed. Doesn't take much effort.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

2-3 times is more than enough. Yes you can do it 7 days a week but why???
        Because I want to.

Doesn't take much effort.
          Exactly.

Why is it sideways?

Plus, she can't sleep so why not do some sit-ups.
              Plus, she can't sleep so why not do some sit-ups.
              That too.

Because I want to.
                well we already know you're ocd Wink

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

well we already know you're ocd Wink
                  She says this as if the rest of us aren't.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

She says this as if the rest of us aren't.
                    shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Oh Mighty Wing

so its official - I need to put at least a little core work into my life. So during my race and last night my knee hurt (but my claves didn't!) and I did lots of stretching/icing/sticking so on and so forth. It feels better today BUT my quads are sore - particularly up at my hip and more crazily my ride side is sore - like I did a crazy core workout - but I didn't... so i'm thinking I need to get over it and do core-work... I might be asking for help on stuff soon... (really I just wanted to complain...)
                          You know, 100 sit-ups 4-5 times a week is really all you need. There's lots of other fancy schmancy stuff you can do for your core, but sit-ups is always a good basic. Planks are also simple and really effective. I know a lot of runners say you don't need any core work, but I've always found that it helps.

Why is it sideways?

It's simple, really. If you wanna be hard-core you have to have a hard-core.

Oh Mighty Wing

It's simple, really. If you wanna be hard-core you have to have a hard-core.
                              you are very witty. Tongue Thanks Tanya! Big grin
                                Planks are guuud.