Nashville ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

core work (Read 419 times)

The Thunder

Psshhh...you guys. I NEVER do any sit-ups or core work and my abs are....wait....where the fuck are my abs?! Crap...maybe I should do some sit-ups.

1 Hip and 2 Hamstring reconstructions later…

Oh Mighty Wing

i only think it will be good because after my last 2 races my mid-section was sore... otherwise I really wouldn't care you forget I don't exercise.

Lazy idiot

i only think it will be good because after my last 2 races my mid-section was sore... otherwise I really wouldn't care you forget I don't exercise.
        Running is exercise.

Tick tock

Oh Mighty Wing

Running is exercise.
          people keep telling me that and I just don't believe it.

Lazy idiot

people keep telling me that and I just don't believe it.
            For real? Why not?

Tick tock

Oh Mighty Wing

For real? Why not?
              yeah for real - i don't consider it exercise. I don't really know - I guess because to me exercises are activities you do with the goal of getting in shape or losing weight. I don't really identify with people who talk to me about exercising - like when my mom called to tell me she got on the treadmill to walk because she wants to start exercising - I mean I figured out she wanted me to be proud of her and that she was putting us in the same cool people category, but I didn't really identify with that - like i couldn't quite get it or something. I don't run to live a more healthy lifestyle, to lose weight, to get in shape. There is something else that drives me and my running - it's a deeper and darker, than what I think of when i think of exercising. I can honestly tell you I don't like to exercise.

Lazy idiot

Yeah, I suppose it depends on your personal thoughts toward (and definition of) exercise.

Tick tock

- it's a deeper and darker, than what I think of when i think of exercising. .
                  I can totally relate to that. I have friends who say, "It's great that you exercise every day," and my first thought is always, "I don't exercise. I run." "Exercise" brings to mind lots of overly-energetic chicks in flashy workout gear spinning to the oldies or something.

Oh Mighty Wing

I can totally relate to that. I have friends who say, "It's great that you exercise every day," and my first thought is always, "I don't exercise. I run." "Exercise" brings to mind lots of overly-energetic chicks in flashy workout gear spinning to the oldies or something.
                    EXACTLY!!!!
                      You mean legwarmers and headbands? Yea. Same here.

S&M Collector

"Exercise" brings to mind lots of overly-energetic chicks in flashy workout gear spinning to the oldies or something.
                        Hey now. I resemble that generalization. Wink Dont't forget about the Zumba and Chisel classes. Those are good ones too.
                        Come across any cool medals lately?
                          Hey now. I resemble that generalization. Wink .
                          Now, now, Casa. I would never generalize you as an overly-energetic chick in flashy gear. Your energy levels seem fairly normal.

Lazy idiot

Yeah, I get this, too. But in my own head I still think of running as a form of exercise. That's not why I do it, though.

Tick tock

When I first started running I thought of it as exercising. NOW it's in my blood. I need it just like I need food and when I don't get to run I'm hell on wheels!! Embarrassed

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Why is it sideways?

Exorcising.