Nashville ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

HTFU (Read 609 times)

Lazy idiot

Nice work, Tony. You too Drew. You guys are turning up the snark dial pretty quick. Let's hope the running can keep up.
    I wasn't trying to be snarky (this time). I was trying to be encouraging. Perhaps I'm a multitasker.

Tick tock

I used to think this was true (for me). Looking forward to meeting you in a few weeks, Tony. Big grin
      Thanks Drew. My deal is that I have my son part of the week, so I usually don't run on those days. I'm definitely not complaining because I fought for what I got in regards to custody. You know, I just realized that your HM RR I commented on was a year old. Someone else commented on it and bumped it to the top, so I thought it was recent. Still it sounds like it was a good race even though it's a year old.

Lazy idiot

Thanks Drew. My deal is that I have my son part of the week, so I usually don't run on those days. I'm definitely not complaining because I fought for what I got in regards to custody. You know, I just realized that your HM RR I commented on was a year old. Someone else commented on it and bumped it to the top, so I thought it was recent. Still it sounds like it was a good race even though it's a year old.
        1) I thought I remembered that you had your son part of the week. No worries, dude. We all do what we do given our own circumstances, goals, etc. I don't run nearly as much (or as fast) as many of the people on this board, but I run for me and not them. I'm glad for you (and your son) that you get to spend time together. Coming from a divorced family, it would have been nice to have more time with my dad growing up. Big grin 2) That report resurfaced last week. I think half of the people that commented had no idea, and the other half were enjoying their little joke. It was a good race, but I've learned a lot since then (like how to run 2 min/mile slower). Wink

Tick tock

Why is it sideways?

I wasn't trying to be snarky (this time). I was trying to be encouraging. Perhaps I'm a multitasker.
          That's the little dirty secret of elitist prick-ism. To the uninitiated it sounds like we're being a bunch of snobby bastards. But once you understand, you realize that we tell ourselves the same shit that we're telling other people: you don't run hard enough, you don't run long enough, you're not tough enough. So, it's a form of encouragement, a sign of respect--treating the other as we treat ourselves. Snark = Encouragement.

Lazy idiot

Got it. I've been a prick for a long time, but still nowhere near being elite. I'll practice the lingo in front of the bedroom mirror.

Tick tock

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

That's the little dirty secret of elitist prick-ism. To the uninitiated it sounds like we're being a bunch of snobby bastards. But once you understand, you realize that we tell ourselves the same shit that we're telling other people: you don't run hard enough, you don't run long enough, you're not tough enough. So, it's a form of encouragement, a sign of respect--treating the other as we treat ourselves. Snark = Encouragement.
              Dumbass.

Why is it sideways?

Nice work, Tony. You too Drew. You guys are turning up the snark dial pretty quick. Let's hope the running can keep up.
                  Thanks Jeff. I'm much better at snark and talking about running than actual running. Big grin

The Thunder

By the way Thunder. I'm beating you so far Tongue
                    I have more miles then you do this month. So I'm beating you. Tongue

1 Hip and 2 Hamstring reconstructions later…

The Thunder

1 Hip and 2 Hamstring reconstructions later…

I have more miles then you do this month. So I'm beating you. Tongue
                        Pipe down, children. I have more monthly miles than either one of you.

Pipe down, children. I have more monthly miles than either one of you.
                          I'm ahead of you for the week too. I'm awesome - admit it.
                            And if you can run 52 miles tomorrow, you'll be more awesome than me on both fronts!

Why is it sideways?

I.
                                And if you can run 52 miles tomorrow, you'll be more awesome than me on both fronts!
                                Geez - you HAD to look beyond the surface, didn't you? Tongue