Nashville ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

HTFU (Read 609 times)

Tanya...if you wanna wait until Sunday, you can join me for my pointless 20 miler Big grin
    I'm afraid you've surpassed me in your long run pace...And your race paces if you disregard My Favorite Calculator. Plus, I have to do it Saturday due to plans Sun. a.m. Are you running the 10-miler?

No, i'm doing off season bike training with Stephen.

The Thunder

BUUUURN. Sweet. I knew you'd get an ego from that.
        Pssshhh...I was just playin'. I really don't have an ego, it's all for show. To cover up my inadequacies.

1 Hip and 2 Hamstring reconstructions later…

Why is it sideways?

Pssshhh...I was just playin'. I really don't have an ego, it's all for show. To cover up my inadequacies.
          I think that's the very definition of ego.
            Leggo my ego eggo.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

The Thunder

Hmmm, well you are way smarter then me. I thought it was all about what people really believed of themselves. I don't really believe I'm much good at anything. Cry

Why is it sideways?

Hmmm, well you are way smarter then me. I thought it was all about what people really believed of themselves. I don't really believe I'm much good at anything. Cry
                I didn't mean it wa an egotistical statement, just that I thought it was remarkable definition of what the ego does. The ego is what we show. When well constructed, it playfully covers over inadequacies. That fact that you see your ego this way shows that you are well-adjusted--or at least know how to adjust the ego, to play the show, in a way that doesn't come off as obnoxious. People with big egos would be better described as people with shallow egos. Their egos aren't imaginative enough or flexible enough to adapt to a variety of situations, so the show actually appears as a show to everyone but the person who is putting on the show.
                  I.

Why is it sideways?

The Thunder

I didn't mean it wa an egotistical statement, just that I thought it was remarkable definition of what the ego does. The ego is what we show. When well constructed, it playfully covers over inadequacies. That fact that you see your ego this way shows that you are well-adjusted--or at least know how to adjust the ego, to play the show, in a way that doesn't come off as obnoxious. People with big egos would be better described as people with shallow egos. Their egos aren't imaginative enough or flexible enough to adapt to a variety of situations, so the show actually appears as a show to everyone but the person who is putting on the show.
                        Adapt - you mean like when I put my hands deep into my pockets and stare at my shoes?

Why is it sideways?

Adapt - you mean like when I put my hands deep into my pockets and stare at my shoes?
                          Sometimes. This can be a very powerful posture if employed in the appropriate circumstances.
                          mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

Yup - when Dad did that it meant he was thinking about our punishment...

Why is it sideways?

Exactly. And I'm sure that moment was worse than any of the actual punishments. Reflect on Ghandi's ego.

Oh Mighty Wing

Cry
                                You just turn that frown upside down Mr. Cause I think you are WONDERFUL and TALENTED!